Trump continues to claim Dorian could have hit Alabama using falsified map

Sapidus

have to wonder, the liberals giving so much time and effort to this nonsensical, unimportant, and truly unnewsworthy item.. what are they trying to divert our attention from???

Damn you were so close Bob!

No just replace liberals with Trump and you've got it!

Come on you can do it.

Trumps M.O. is to stir up a controversy to distract from his screw ups. Thats what he has done since day one.

And for you to think that the President making a fake graph to deliver Fake news to the american people is unimportant you are part of the problem

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

This_person

Not to Alabama....CNN removed Alabama from their weather map. ;-p
It just strikes me as odd that the original (many days ago) predictions were that it would cross FL, pass the panhandle, etc., but somehow it is inconceivable that it would have hit AL or that Trump could see that it might hit AL based on that early prediction.

The prediction changed drastically, and that has been good for millions of people so far. It seems odd that the focus is on a picture from several days ago that clearly show it heading across FL and potentially inland from there.

I can't imagine having the time to worry about this.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can't imagine having the time to worry about this.

There it is..

And yes, when the storm had completely stopped moving, the steering currents were in disarray, and models were spaghetti, meterologists openly stated that they had no idea which direction it would eventually go. Obviously, continuing west and crossing Florida to impact the gulf coast of Alabama or Miss was one possibility.

Toxick

Splat
Although I'm not wriggling around, obsessing and flagellating myself over this .... this is the kind of crap that keeps me from joining Team-MAGA.

He pops off at the mouth without knowing anything about a subject and then when he's corrected instead of manning up and saying ok ... he doubles down on the bullshit.

On the other hand the way the liberals and the media completely jizz all over themselves whenever he says anything about anything is it any wonder why his response is "go **** yourselves".

Chris0nllyn

If you were to draw a line from the curve of those black dots, where would it go? (look at the ones in the clear cone, not the filled in cone)

That would be a valid excuse.....if Trump tweeted a few days before he did. He tweeted days later and had updated maps. The threat to Alabama, at the time of his Tweet, was non-existent.

Trump is seemingly unwilling to admit when he's wrong.

There it is..

And yes, when the storm had completely stopped moving, the steering currents were in disarray, and models were spaghetti, meterologists openly stated that they had no idea which direction it would eventually go. Obviously, continuing west and crossing Florida to impact the gulf coast of Alabama or Miss was one possibility.

By time Trump tweeted, Dorian shifted North.

Almost three hours before Trump tweeted, here was the NOAA forecast.

This_person

Although I'm not wriggling around, obsessing and flagellating myself over this .... this is the kind of crap that keeps me from joining Team-MAGA.

He pops off at the mouth without knowing anything about a subject and then when he's corrected instead of manning up and saying ok ... he doubles down on the bullshit.

On the other hand the way the liberals and the media completely jizz all over themselves whenever he says anything about anything is it any wonder why his response is "go **** yourselves".
The latter is where I landed. I agree with the "when he's corrected" portion, but the latter is definitely where I ended up.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I get that...or should I say, I don't It's such an irrelevant distraction I don't understand why he didn't admit he'd goofed and move on.

This_person

That would be a valid excuse.....if Trump tweeted a few days before he did. He tweeted days later and had updated maps. The threat to Alabama, at the time of his Tweet, was non-existent.

Almost three hours before Trump tweeted, here was the NOAA forecast.
View attachment 140543
You can see the vastly different pictures between what is shown that Trump was shown and the one you posted above, right?

I get the "when corrected" portion - absolutely. But, the path Trump was shown is not the one you have posted here, and looks for all the world to me like a person with the mind to plan out further than a day or so would see that hitting the southeast side of AL.

Again, I get the "when corrected" stuff you all are saying. But, is this really worth this much discussion? Obama was given far less flack for "I don't know what happened, but I DO know the police acted stupidly" comment that set the stage for police officers getting killed.

No one was killed by his misstatement on AL, nor is there any way to construe it to cause that in the future.

I strongly suspect this will be my last post in this thread, but I just don't see the reason to freak out over it.

Sapidus

You can see the vastly different pictures between what is shown that Trump was shown and the one you posted above, right?

I get the "when corrected" portion - absolutely. But, the path Trump was shown is not the one you have posted here, and looks for all the world to me like a person with the mind to plan out further than a day or so would see that hitting the southeast side of AL.

Again, I get the "when corrected" stuff you all are saying. But, is this really worth this much discussion? Obama was given far less flack for "I don't know what happened, but I DO know the police acted stupidly" comment that set the stage for police officers getting killed.

No one was killed by his misstatement on AL, nor is there any way to construe it to cause that in the future.

I strongly suspect this will be my last post in this thread, but I just don't see the reason to freak out over it.

Because the president directed an underling to doctor a photo to make it seem that he was correct despite the NWS saying the opposite. This is the definition of “Fake News” peddling by your president.

Chris0nllyn

Posting about it is not akin to "freaking out" despite that being the modus operandi everytime someone criticizes Trump.

I don't understand your defense though. Had Trump simply looked or asked about an updated path before Tweeting, it would be a very different path. Instead, he didn't care to look or ask, tweeted, had NWC in Alabama correct him, then went on a tirade about unfair media and how he was right, even though he was wrong, and used a doctored map to "prove" he was right.

I'd argue Trump is no meterologist, and neither are the folks on this very forum commenting about Dorian. Yet no one on this forum even remotely thought Alabama would be impacted.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Watched all the outlets during lunch.....

MSNBC........Trump/Alabama
CNN..............Trump /Alabama
Fox.........Brexit, Dorian update, stock market, fatal ship fire, etc.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Last edited: