Trump vs. DeSantis

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
You know, the botnews is "reporting" that Daddy and Heavy D are battling, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. Trump just enthusiastically endorsed him at that rally last night. And we know that the corporate media lie, so why believe them now?

No doubt they are just trying to cause division - Trump supporters vs. DeSantis supporters. Because those supporters are largely one and the same, dividing them into warring factions will benefit the fascist Democrats.

You don't have to choose - you can support BOTH Trump AND DeSantis. But the corporate media is insisting you must choose, and anyone who falls for it is a Dumbasaurus Rex.

Also - let's just get real here - many of the squishies who are singing DeSantis' praises because the media is telling them to will turn on him if directed to do so, just like they did with Trump. The corporate media will make up a few stories, take a few things out of context, make a huge deal out of something he eats, and all the "Draft Ron DeSantis" durhards will rush to tear at him because largely humans are nothing if not obedient to their masters.
Watch yourself V, you don't want to risk being called that hate filled word 'sanctimonious'. The RINOceroseses will get you.

Toxick

Splat
I guess they feel it's safest for them to stick to a Republican to beat Trump then to go Democrat.

Let's not forget about what they did with McCain.

I'm not a huge McCain fan, but every democrat I know said things like, "You know, I could vote McCain for President"
Then when he got nominated and actually ran, they crucified that mother ****er.

The propaganda went so far as newspapers running unflattering photographs of him where they did everything but photoshop a curly mustache onto his face for him to twirl.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Let's not forget about what they did with McCain.

I'm not a huge McCain fan, but every democrat I know said things like, "You know, I could vote McCain for President"

The propaganda went so far as newspapers running unflattering photographs of him where they did everything but photoshop a curly mustache onto his face for him to twirl.
Which is why I dont' understand ANY republican that sucks that crap up from the Progtards in the first place.

Do they all have a 20 second memory and forget what happens EVERY time?

Nutless worms.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Which is why I dont' understand ANY republican that sucks that crap up from the Progtards in the first place.

Do they all have a 20 second memory and forget what happens EVERY time?

Nutless worms.

Just like girls who chase after the bad boys and write to prison inmates, they think they are different. They are "The One". Plus politicians are socially and emotionally retarded. They were likely geeks growing up, couldn't get a girlfriend, got stuffed in lockers, sat home on Saturday night, so now they bask in the attention they receive and puff themselves up with importance. All "You like me! You really like me!"

No, dumbass, you're just a contestant in the dogfight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And I'm not gonna lie, I thought that was HILARIOUS!!! Then he tried to pawn it off on Sarah Palin - "Oh, it's just her they hated, not me." :lmao:

I hope that man is burning in Hell even as we speak. He was one heinous POS.

And I hope Mitt Romney runs in 2024 because I want to see the sequel. :yahoo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I had not heard of any rivalry until I saw this thread! :lol: I read thru this and then did a little web-reading, also, and I really think it's the media trying to :elaine:

It just makes no sense for DeSantis to bite that hand that fed him - Trump helped him a LOT in his campaign. I really think that any (hyped up or otherwise) rivalry only helps draw more attention to them and won't hurt either one in the long run. Neither Trump or Desantis are shrinking violets but I don't see them fighting with each other as legit - so I wouldn't be surprised if they're going along with it just to keep the media on the run.

🤷 But who knows?!! :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had not heard of any rivalry until I saw this thread! :lol: I read thru this and then did a little web-reading, also, and I really think it's the media trying to :elaine:

It just makes no sense for DeSantis to bite that hand that fed him - Trump helped him a LOT in his campaign. I really think that any (hyped up or otherwise) rivalry only helps draw more attention to them and won't hurt either one in the long run. Neither Trump or Desantis are shrinking violets but I don't see them fighting with each other as legit - so I wouldn't be surprised if they're going along with it just to keep the media on the run.

🤷 But who knows?!! :lol:
Wouldn't it be odd if they announced that they will be running mates for 2024?

Bann

PREMO Member
IF Trump (and I don't even think it's that big of an "if" --- I think it's almost a given) selects Desantis to be his running mate for 2024 - the Democrats know the game for them is over for the next 12 years. :yay: (after the next election, that is)

Trump is stringing them along bigly.

Hijinx

Running mates?
DeSantis would be crazy to give up his being Governor of Florida to get a job that isn't worth a pint of owl piss. A job that can be held by an idiot like Camel Toe. A job that destroyed Mike Pence. No:
DeSantis is much better off where he is until after Trumps last stand.

Bann

PREMO Member
Running mates?
DeSantis would be crazy to give up his being Governor of Florida to get a job that isn't worth a pint of owl piss. A job that can be held by an idiot like Camel Toe. A job that destroyed Mike Pence. No:
Disagree.

Republicans will have the House & Senate going into 2024. DeSantis as the VP will help soldify and maintain Order & Discipline within the Party ranks.

I think it's the perfect Dream Team match.

Hijinx

Going into 2024 the Republicans will have sat on their asses for 2 years and done nothing .
If the Republicans do not do anything in the next 2 years what makes you think Desantis will be able to maintain a discipline they will have tossed into the trash while they had the House and Senate by the balls for the last 2.

I will be totally surprised if McCarthy and McConnell aren't still there in the leadership after the election this year.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Going into 2024 the Republicans will have sat on their asses for 2 years and done nothing .
If the Republicans do not do anything in the next 2 years what makes you think Desantis will be able to maintain a discipline they will have tossed into the trash while they had the House and Senate by the balls for the last 2.

I will be totally surprised if McCarthy and McConnell aren't still there in the leadership after the election this year.
McConnell will. All the other Rep Senators are afraid to challenge him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Running mates?

In 2024 he'll be halfway through his second and final term as Governor - that's a great time to throw his hat in the ring. And VP is a springboard to the Big Job; only losers like Al Gore can't take over for a sitting president. Even George freaking Bush managed to ride a popular president's coattails.

Also, Mike Pence destroyed himself. He was a VERY popular VP and partner to Trump....until he sold out to the Deep State. He could have easily won in 2024 but now he's radioactive and his political career is over.

22AcaciaAve

Well, I don't think it's concocted by the media. Trump called him "DeSanctimonious" over the weekend. That's on video. He also endorsed him for Governor, but that could have two purposes. One, if DeSantis is governor he might decide to wait on a Presidential run. Although DeSantis said that Christie blew his chance by not running when he was popular. Some see that as a hint that he will run. Two, DeSantis is going to win another term as governor easily. Trump can claim his endorsement helped.

I don't know if the media is blowing it out of proportion, who knows. But I do know Trump knows that DeSantis is the only republican with any chance at beating him for the nomination. And Trump is usually pretty damn smart about sizing up his competition. No matter what he says, he knew back in 2019 that the only democrat out there with a chance to beat him in 2020 was Biden. That's why even when the early democratic debates and primaries appeared to go well against Biden, Trump continued to have his team focus on Biden and Biden alone. He knew none of the other candidates could hold up against him. Trump is savvy when it comes to campaigning and if he thinks DeSantis is a threat, he's going to start coming after him sooner rather than let him get some traction.