Truth

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
willie said:
I am not arguing. I am asking for an explanation of an "Original Sin" question that a non Christian can understand. Quotes from a book that has been corrupted by humans over the years tells me nothing. Waaaay too much faith is involved here for me. Faith, to me, requires some supporting evidence......maybe not even 50% but some evidence. I'll even believe California is going to be consumed by the sea. A human writing down the word of God is not it, Muhammad did that in his cave.
See, that is where you err. Comparison to the most ancient manuscripts has proven that the Bible has not changed in meaning and the faith necessary is the faith of a little child.

This whole thread is about the fact that Spiritual things cannot be understood from human understanding. You cannot understand to have faith; you have faith to understand.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
So, cultures before Christ who performed human sacrifices are ok because they genuinly thought that's what they needed to do on a religious level and were not doing it out of any malice. God know's in thier heart that they were trying to do good and that the killing was in ignorance right?
Sorry. I can not answer beyond what I have posted. I cannot answer for God nor will I attempt to. I also fail to see the relevance of the judgment of ancient peoples to whether you believe or not. You have heard of the salvation through Jesus, so the only way to salvation for you is through Jesus. You can no longer plead ignorance.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
willie said:
I read it as the ones before Christ will be beaten with fewer stripes. I might expect that kind of wording in a later version of the Quran. My God may have just dumped us here for His amusement or whatever reason but I will not believe we are primarily doomed for a beating.
I don't know whether you are "missing it" on purpose just for argument sake, but I suspect you are "blind" to things of the Spirit. As with Bustin, you have heard of God's plan of salvation through Jesus, so you are without excuse.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
2ndAmendment said:
Sorry. I can not answer beyond what I have posted. I cannot answer for God nor will I attempt to. I also fail to see the relevance of the judgment of ancient peoples to whether you believe or not. You have heard of the salvation through Jesus, so the only way to salvation for you is through Jesus. You can no longer plead ignorance.
Ok cool. Thanks for the answers provided.