Trying to raise bail money for horses at PA kill

CountryLady

luvmyponies
buyer. Todays the last day.

6-8-2k - TWH gaited horse reported to trail ride team pen approx 6 yr old 16 hands REG Papers with her for TWH BEA MJL Capitol Katrina #20408819 foaled 5-13-2004
Video: YouTube - MOV03424.MPG
$950.00 A

6-8-7k - Morab mare Bay neck reins w.t.c easy to ride and gentle on the ground really a nice mare - nice mover super willing.
Approx age 4-6 yo
Video: YouTube - MOV03474.MPG
neck reining: YouTube - MOV03475.MPG
$700.00 A

6-8-8c - Appaloosa mare 10 yr old 4 white socks left eye partially blue "tarp trained" pretty non spooky easy to ride w/t/c.
Video: YouTube - M4H04346.MP4
YouTube - M4H04349.MP4
$800.00 A

6-8-4k - Grey mare with Tattoo X approx 17 yr old and 16 hands reported to be willing to take a jump. Tattoo matches a horse named Hay Strike.
Video: YouTube - MOV03448.MPG
$500.00 A

If there is any local intrest. let me know. I'll put you in touch. the dead line has been extended from 4pm to 8:45pm.

THese are not my horses but a freind of mine has evaluated them and they are still looking for placement for these horses. THey will be packed up and shipped out tonight to the kill pen. so sad.

Login | Facebook

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
They have a new extension til 10pm EST tonight

16 are safe ~ 27 to bail

:diva:

If you know someone looking for a horse to love, spread the word.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Seems awful expensive for "kill pen horses." Most kill pen horses go for about $100 or less from my experience especially since the kill pen horses have to be shipped long distances now. Do you know why the fees are so expensive?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Seems awful expensive for "kill pen horses." Most kill pen horses go for about $100 or less from my experience especially since the kill pen horses have to be shipped long distances now. Do you know why the fees are so expensive?

what was explained to me:

there is a broker that allows the rescue group to evaluate some of the select horses (ones he decideds). He sets the fee. Otherwise they get sent (shipped to slaughter). He allows them to come in shoot the videos, ride etc... He sets a cut off dead line, which sometimes gets extended a few hours (not always) He allows the rescue to purchase and they can go the approved homes. or people can out right purchase from the kill broker and arange transportation.

not sure why the prices are the way they are. I do know of a case where somebody I knew had sold a horse to a broker of this type and got paid near 1000 for a horse that probably ended up in the same prediciment. So Im guessing that the fees are probably higher than you think.

:coffee:

CountryLady

luvmyponies

From ANOTHER CHANCE 4 HORSES (AC4H) :
If you have friends and family who can step in and save the day for the horse of your desire act now while there is time ...less than 20 minutes left ....the money and horse release form has to be in before 10 pm....paypal bail plus $100 for coggins, fees to christy@ac4h.com complete horse release form fax to the number on the form AC4HTOFORM

Instructions/Payment: Please include a $25.00 donation to help cover gas and other expenses so that we can continue our work. Fill out the release of liability Copy and Paste to browser for the Agreement AC4HTOFORM print and email to info@ac4h.com, fax to 610-621-5299 and mail original. Retain a copy for your records along with payment method. Note: Payment and agreement are your receipt of ownership, agreement to the terms and conditions of the agreement and proclamation that you are over the age of eighteen years of age.

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
NOT SAFE
6-8-1c - Chestnut pony gelding

6-8-4c - Chestnut mareFUNDRAISING NEEDS HELP

6-8-5c - Grey TB mare
6-8-6c - Chestnut mare

6-8-7c- Bay gelding QH

6-8-8c - Appaloosa mare 10 yr NO SPOOK TARP TRAINED

6-8-9c - Black and white mare

6-8-14c - Hafflinger gelding

6-8-20c - Belgian gelding

6-8-31c - Grey mare QH

6-8-2k - TWH gaited horse Registered

6-8-4k - Grey mare trained to jump, gentle mount

6-8-6k - Appaloosa mare Registered

6-8-7k - Morab mare ~AWESOME Polocross Mount prospect

6-8-10k - Pinto gelding tri color

6-8-11k - Chestnut gelding

6-8-12k Chestnut gelding

Last edited:

Eventer29

I check the site periodically and look at all the horses I know I cant bring home. I fell in love with the pics of the buckskin mare on the 2nd page this week. No more horses for me though :( I think they do get some decent horses there. Some of the prices are a little nutty though.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
FYI

Posted by Lisa Drahorad on Face book

........... His contract pays him about .60 - .80 per lb so most of these horses are at slaughter price. He doesn't really need us and he is still shipping. A load already went Tuesday to fulfull his contract for this week. These guys will go for his next load which should have been tagged tongith but he never called. He has own truck and now that gas prices are low it’s not really a huge expense. Plus he can write all this expense off I wish I could say otherwise but he doesn’t need us. Believe it or not, he cherry picks thesr guys to give them a chance. The ones he feels are not so nice already shipped. Some of the papered ones Might not be at risk but I have said that before and then have been sadly mistaken and I cost the horse it’s life because I found out laterthat it shipped. :frown: Just not a good situation however you look at it.

Last edited:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Posted By Diana Murphy on FB 2:30am

$10,600 needed to save the last 12 horses from going to slaughter, we may only have a few hours in the morning maybe until noon to save the remaing ones so lets get fundraising donations can go to voiceforhorses@wmconnect.com

CountryLady

luvmyponies
We personally know a kill buyer who ships horses all of the time. Sad but true. He owns his own trailer company and said it wasn't economical to purchase any horses over $100 due to shipping costs (gas and time). I guess this kill buyer has found good business by selling these horses and tugging on the hearts that if you don't buy, they will be killed. Probably true; however, again you can go to New Holland and get them a dime a dozzen and NOT support kill buyers.

Im sure he is making it worth his while. guessing the wieght of the morab mare and calculations i've done he is probably making $60-150 over the top. ...and he gets to write off expenses for the horse he lets the rescue save. Win Win for him, I wish I could say as much for the horses. :coffee:

they have arranged it to let people purchase directly from the broker. and they are accepting donations as little as $5 to as much as you can give.
if every one donated $5, they could save them all. :dye:

fredsaid2

Im sure he is making it worth his while. guessing the wieght of the morab mare and calculations i've done he is probably making $60-150 over the top. ...and he gets to write off expenses for the horse he lets the rescue save. Win Win for him, I wish I could say as much for the horses. :coffee:

they have arranged it to let people purchase directly from the broker. and they are accepting donations as little as $5 to as much as you can give.
if every one donated $5, they could save them all. :dye:

So if we all give $5 they are bought from the kill pen - then what? Who pays to care for those 17 horses for the remainder of their natural lives? Because the next batch is coming the next day and it starts all over again.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
So if we all give $5 they are bought from the kill pen - then what? Who pays to care for those 17 horses for the remainder of their natural lives? Because the next batch is coming the next day and it starts all over again.

your right is it endless process. THE UNWANTED HORSE
the sad sad story is that alot of these horses are well trained or pedigreed. and the owners sold theto a broker thinking they will get rehomed not knowing that they would end up as dog food, etc... These horse will be shipped to canada today. the rescue does have approved homes available for some and for others they are still looking. they are taking donations for shipping, bail, and QT. It adds up.

So those that want to do nothing do just that and those that want to help do.

Your decision.
:buddies:

fredsaid2

your right is it endless process. THE UNWANTED HORSE
the sad sad story is that alot of these horses are well trained or pedigreed. and the owners sold theto a broker thinking they will get rehomed not knowing that they would end up as dog food, etc... These horse will be shipped to canada today. the rescue does have approved homes available for some and for others they are still looking. they are taking donations for shipping, bail, and QT. It adds up.

So those that want to do nothing do just that and those that want to help do.

Your decision.
:buddies:

Those who sold their pedigreed and trained horse to a broker knew exactly what they were doing - dumping it. Otherwise they would have remained involved in the sale process.

I'm not slamming rescues, just some of their tactics. Playing on emotion instead of solid reasoning is not the best avenue to ensure the rescued horses go to new owners that can truly care for them.

As far as choosing to help, I do that by making sure the ones I am committed to do not end up needing anyone else’s monetary assistance.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Those who sold their pedigreed and trained horse to a broker knew exactly what they were doing - dumping it. Otherwise they would have remained involved in the sale process.

I'm not slamming rescues, just some of their tactics. Playing on emotion instead of solid reasoning is not the best avenue to ensure the rescued horses go to new owners that can truly care for them.

As far as choosing to help, I do that by making sure the ones I am committed to do not end up needing anyone else’s monetary assistance.

Not all horses are intentionally dumped by thier owners.

If you, personally are not looking, that's cool. But if you know some one who is looking it would be kind to let them know.

There is currently a donation offer to pay for half of the fee if a home can be found and the new owner pays the other half.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

They've done their research..

They get paid to pick them up, then they figured.. HEY, I bet we can talk some poor friend of the horses sap to pay us for these crap horeses.. "REALLY, How much do you think they'd be willing to pay to "save" a horse" "Shoot, I bet close to $1000 if not more"

SO a faremer/ owner pays them to come dispose of their horses, then somebody else pays them MORE money to NOT dispose of them... Win win for them.. They can make $1000 or more per horse and not actually DO anything.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Update!

Approx. $2,125 NEEDED ASAP & HOME OFFERS to save the last 7 horses, who are on borrowed time until the broker ships them. PAYPAL tax-deductible donations to voiceforhorses@wmconnect.com - for the latest updates, please check Diana Murphy's wall on FB.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
LAST 4 are on borrowed time until the broker ships them. PAYPAL tax-deductible donations to voiceforhorses@wmconnect.com - for the latest updates, please check Diana Murphy's wall on FB.

6-8-12 $750
NEEDS HOME AND BAIL $350 6-8-12k Chestnut gelding blaze w/t/c approx 9 yr old and 15 hands. donations sent to voiceforhorses@wmconnect.com

6-8-11 K 750
Login | Facebook
Video: YouTube - MOV03501.MPG
HAS HOME OFFER NEEDS BAIL $375 6-8-11k - Chestnut gelding approx 7 yr old 15.1 hands red halter- w/t/c neck reins donations can be sent to voiceforhorses@wmconnect.com

6-8-6K 700
Login | Facebook

6-8-6-C $350 Registered Appy mare

$1,450 TOTAL needed to save all four remaining horses. For updates, check Diana Murphy's wall on FB.