Trying to raise bail money for horses at PA kill

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It's ALL about MONEY

Money WILL be the answer to solve the animal crisis we have in this Country. We can't seem to provide enough GOV'T $$ to spay/neuter the ever growing population of critters (cats/dogs), YET WE CAN pay MORE to "manage" the problem.

In the case of HORSES, we need to find a way to charge those responsible for the excess breeding, in order to curtail the breeding. Why do we NEED to breed so many more horses than we can provide a home for ? BUT how do we control it equitably?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
They've done their research..

They get paid to pick them up, then they figured.. HEY, I bet we can talk some poor friend of the horses sap to pay us for these crap horeses.. "REALLY, How much do you think they'd be willing to pay to "save" a horse" "Shoot, I bet close to $1000 if not more"

SO a faremer/ owner pays them to come dispose of their horses, then somebody else pays them MORE money to NOT dispose of them... Win win for them.. They can make $1000 or more per horse and not actually DO anything.

READ ZOOM's Story:
Login | Facebook

Ex-Phillies reliever's greatest save | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/28/2009

The FACT is that a lot of GREAT horses end up in places like NH due to stupidity and ignorance of some FAD horse owners. If breeders and trainers had a viable way to keep track of their horses sold and had the ability to step in and take back horses that are in high risk situations or were held accountable for their part of putting X number of foals on the ground, it would be a start of being on the right track to reduce the numbers of unwanted horses.

I have always believed that ALL horses should be sold with pedigree information and owner history regardless of registry. A responsible breeder will keep track of the foals that they put on the ground and that are sold the best that they can. If any reform is needed, it should start in these areas, by creating a protocol for tracking the animals.
:coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
READ ZOOM's Story:
Login | Facebook

Ex-Phillies reliever's greatest save | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/28/2009

The FACT is that a lot of GREAT horses end up in places like NH due to stupidity and ignorance of some FAD horse owners. If breeders and trainers had a viable way to keep track of their horses sold and had the ability to step in and take back horses that are in high risk situations or were held accountable for their part of putting X number of foals on the ground, it would be a start of being on the right track to reduce the numbers of unwanted horses.

I have always believed that ALL horses should be sold with pedigree information and owner history regardless of registry. A responsible breeder will keep track of the foals that they put on the ground and that are sold the best that they can. If any reform is needed, it should start in these areas, by creating a protocol for tracking the animals.
:coffee:

Paid for and administered by WHO??

I have a hard enough time swallowing my tax bill now. I don't need my money spent on saving unwanted animals.

Why don't we kill two birds with one stone, and sell them to France? Could be a HUGE hit, like Kobi Beef in Japan.