Tubal

lovinmaryland

I am getting my tubes tied after this baby and I am scared. :yikes: Dr. Polko said that I can either have it done the day after I deliver this baby or immediatley after giving birth (and not have to be put under)

Does anyone have any feedback, what to expect, is it a longer recovery time, etc...

Thanks a bunch :howdy:

I would go for it right after since the pain will already be there and if you get the epidural (sp) you might not feel it. I don't think the recovery time is much different. but ask your doctor what would be better

tyky

eieio
I would go for it right after since the pain will already be there and if you get the epidural (sp) you might not feel it. I don't think the recovery time is much different. but ask your doctor what would be better

I have to agree with this! I had a tubal but it was done at the same time as a c-section but I would chose to have it done at the same time just to get it over with at the first chance, that way you are not thinking about it and enjoying your new baby :buddies:

lovinmaryland

I asked the Dr and she said some prefer to have it after and some prefer to wait until the next day :ohwell:

I am just not sure what to expect pian wise and recovery time. I am totally shocked that you dont get extra time in the hospital after havign that done either!

Mojo

I asked the Dr and she said some prefer to have it after and some prefer to wait until the next day :ohwell:

I am just not sure what to expect pian wise and recovery time. I am totally shocked that you dont get extra time in the hospital after havign that done either!

He could get it now and by the time you recover from the having the baby and are ready for :dye:, you won't have to worry about getting pregnant.

tyky

eieio

the only complaint I have heard from friends is a gassy pain in the shoulder afterwards.

tyky

eieio
:eyebrow: Do your friends need some anatomy classes?

After The Surgery
Speed of recovery from the surgery depends on your pain tolerance, the type of anaesthesia used, and your overall healing ability. You may have slight abdominal pain and tiredness. Less often, you may feel dizzy or nauseous or have shoulder pain, abdominal cramps, a gassy or bloated feeling, or general fatigue. If you had general anaesthesia, you may have a sore throat. You should not drive your car for 24 hours after the general anaesthetic. There are no other restrictions.

Most or all of these symptoms usually go away within two to five days, and most women return to their usual routines a couple of days after surgery. After that time you may feel tired later in the day, have slight soreness over the incision, and have minor changes in bowel movements. Your discomfort can usually be relieved with mild pain medication.

Sterilization in women is effective right away. Birth control is no longer needed. However, sterilization does not prevent sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s). The procedure does not affect the menstrual cycle or your ability to enjoy sex.

You will still have periods after surgery. If there are menstrual changes following tubal ligation, this is probably because of aging or stopping birth control pills, but not because of the surgery. Tubal ligation will not cause hormonal changes