Two weeks notice for relationships

Two weeks notice to end a long-term relationship?

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • A week should do

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • You get slapped a lot, don't you?

Votes: 24 44.4%

• Total voters

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Are those bottom two smileys gay?

No, silly, :rolleyes: that would be this one gheyfight.gif ...

jules12

Sounds like fair punishment to me...two weeks is a long time when you're not getting any!!! "Honey...I was also thinking about a change, I would like to start practicing abstinence"...:evil:
That was just my first thought...

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
two weeks notice seams acceptable to me. it gives both parties time to meat somone else while still enjoying the benifits of being in a relationship.

Goofy20

So should we all start filling out applications before we get into the relationship too?lol Please list all previous "employers" (exes) and may we contact them? What was your reason for leaving/getting left? Interesting.... :evil:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Now exactly how would we verify the letter of recommendation was authentic? (IF they had one) Oh yes he takes the trash out faithfully, walks the dog, coaches ball with the kids, mows the lawn like a pro, and is magnificent in the bedroom .... :dingding:

So should we all start filling out applications before we get into the relationship too?lol Please list all previous "employers" (exes) and may we contact them? What was your reason for leaving/getting left? Interesting.... :evil:

Now, why would you want to go and ruin all the fun? When it comes to relationships, the 'application process' is the fun part. Once that process is over - once we've gotten most of the answers, tested the water, and figured out how good the fit is - what's left to do (other than give the two weeks notice)?

Pre-screening potential relationship partners would be like pre-tasting chocolate or pre-viewing a painting.

Toxick

Splat
:dingding: Amen, couldn`t have said it (almost) better myself. A Classic 1.
Since few females in SoMd like Hey, i`d say How are you, but it would have a slight southern draw to it. That would set the stage. Be quiet & attentive, unless that slip up from her, btw u remind me of .................. :nono: scuse me Ma`am I`ll brb. Oh yeah, turn cell fons Off.
Meanwhile...............

I didn't understand any of this.

SoMDGirl42

So, I'm bored this morning and another thread got me thinking about something. In most situations, I guess it's considered appropriate to give employers 2 weeks notice when we intend to leave our job. Are long-term relationships any less important?

My question is this - if we've been in a long-term committed relationship with someone (6 months, a year, or 6 years - whatever you consider long-term), should we give them 2 weeks notice when we desire to move on and try something new?

Something like this:

:killingme Love it

betty99

I am starting to think dating would be easier if you could just pick a random group that seemed like they would be great dating partners and then watch them on hidden camera for a few weeks. It's so much easier to pick out the duds sitting on your couch watching than when your emotions or twitchy britches get the better of your brain. This is the theory I developed fast forwarding to the "dramatic" scenes on the Bachelorette, anyway.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Niceness IS Priceless ....... too bad so many people lack the basic quality of being PLEASANT to others.

actually quite easy. b nice, b a gentleman, not a ok i was nice 2 U, so it`s an auto hop in the sack thing.

Niceness is Priceless & it works, if u want it 2. if not b w/e u r. yr gig.

comprehension is a must. ya gotta listen. don`t play the damn controller role. that is a no-go. ppl r smart, @ least sum r. Vrai has no prob decryptin my lingo, in here. As 4 others, i`m sure they do, or :shrug:

oh yeah, avoid the drama reality bs. that`s a def turn off. no rehearsed scripts, etc....... & no i didn`t vote.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well some people THRIVE on gossip and can't seem to live w/o it. Personally I do my best to not engage in talking about people behind their back. Although whatever I DO have to say about a person I would also say to their face. So I'm not one to back-stab and be two-faced. I discard people from my life that live in that manner, or are otherwise a negative influence on my life.

I agree, some make it a game, some are just trying to communicate, & be genuine.
IRT & IRL nice ppl do exist. This is internet, kinda like a an online social net.
Many fail to give it a chance to happen before others automatically assume the worst, like :gossip:. That`s only human nature. I`m not being rhetorical, just honest & candid.

Words that are oh so true:

Truth Hurts, Rumors Kill. damn shame. surprise, i can type.