Typical Redskins Football

PsyOps

Pixelated
Okay... can anyone explain how this team can beat two teams (Dallas who was 3-0 and Phil who was 2-2) on the road, then come home and lose to a team who hadn't won a game yet.

This is typical Redskins football to think they had it in the bag. The only person that performed worth a crap today was Portis. Campbell did his usual I-can't-pass-the-ball-dance and got sacked half a dozen times. Up until today the Skins hadn't had a single turnover. They had 4 today. The defense stunk except Rogers and Horton. And they need to get rid of Brooks. Where in the heck did they get this dud?

They didn't get beat, they lost. I'm trying really hard not to hate this team.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They came in flat vs. an 0'fer team. The turnovers killed them but they were due like Otter said. We already know that you are a fair weather fan so go ahead and put on your sad face Eeyore.

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
They came in flat vs. an 0'fer team. The turnovers killed them but they were due like Otter said, we already know that you are a fair weather fan so go ahead and put on your sad face Eeyore.

I don't understand Psyops..believe he's probably 10 yrs younger than me, so maybe he didn't have to live thru the dreadful 60s like I did..We put alot of big numbers up in the Jurgy/Taylor/Mitchell years but not in the W column. Anyone that came into the skins with the Allen era and then the Gibbs 1 era got really spoiled in my opinion.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Jim Zorn, on the NFL Network, blames a lot of the trouble the 'Skins encountered - it seemed to occur when the offensive line did not communicate with each other very well.

Like, what defensive scheme are they throwing at us? How do we counter it?

Who should we assign to that blitzing linebacker? He said the OL could have done a better job, in that regard.

He asserted that is what caused the team to fumble - 3 times?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Okay... can anyone explain how this team can beat two teams (Dallas who was 3-0 and Phil who was 2-2) on the road, then come home and lose to a team who hadn't won a game yet.

This is typical Redskins football to think they had it in the bag. The only person that performed worth a crap today was Portis. Campbell did his usual I-can't-pass-the-ball-dance and got sacked half a dozen times. Up until today the Skins hadn't had a single turnover. They had 4 today. The defense stunk except Rogers and Horton. And they need to get rid of Brooks. Where in the heck did they get this dud?

They didn't get beat, they lost. I'm trying really hard not to hate this team.

...no need to over react.

#1, the Rams played the Giants tough; they're not the worst team in the history of the NFL.

#2, the Redskins had, what, 4 turnovers including one that flat out gave up 7. That killed several very good looking drives.

#3, the defense played good. Only giving up 19, less the 7, plus some short fields on the turnovers, not too bad.

#4, Jason has just flat out reached the next level of NFL qb play.

All in all, they lost at the buzzer after nearly pulling out a win on an unlucky day. If there is such a thing as a good loss, this is it; They'll learn more from losing to the Rams than had they gotten away with this. They know they're becoming a good team, but they just got reaffirmation that you gotta play good every week to BE a good team.

Call it a helping of humble pie.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You're either a fan...or not.

I'm more optimistic this year than I have in a long time.

HTTR

I am a fan, but a very, VERY, VERY frustrated one. This should have been a walk in the park game. But it's what I've come to expect from them.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don't understand Psyops..believe he's probably 10 yrs younger than me, so maybe he didn't have to live thru the dreadful 60s like I did..We put alot of big numbers up in the Jurgy/Taylor/Mitchell years but not in the W column. Anyone that came into the skins with the Allen era and then the Gibbs 1 era got really spoiled in my opinion.

You may have a few years on me (I'm 46)... I remember those years pretty good though. They were exciting years with Allen and the like. I remember well their loss to Miami. And perhaps Gibbs did spoil me. Is there anything wrong with wanting this team to win instead of just complacently sitting back and accepting this is just how it is?

And I will always revert back to the feeling that this was a winning team until Snottie Snyder ruined them with high dollars thinking he could buy a winning team.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I am a fan, but a very, VERY, VERY frustrated one. This should have been a walk in the park game. But it's what I've come to expect from them.

That's what they thought too and you see what happened. You think there might have been a REASON that Linehan was fired as the Rams head coach?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Anybody heard from BuddyLee? I'm pretty sure he fainted when the Rams scored that last-minute field goal!

Hope he recovers! :buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
...no need to over react.

#1, the Rams played the Giants tough; they're not the worst team in the history of the NFL.

#2, the Redskins had, what, 4 turnovers including one that flat out gave up 7. That killed several very good looking drives.

#3, the defense played good. Only giving up 19, less the 7, plus some short fields on the turnovers, not too bad.

#4, Jason has just flat out reached the next level of NFL qb play.

All in all, they lost at the buzzer after nearly pulling out a win on an unlucky day. If there is such a thing as a good loss, this is it; They'll learn more from losing to the Rams than had they gotten away with this. They know they're becoming a good team, but they just got reaffirmation that you gotta play good every week to BE a good team.

Call it a helping of humble pie.

The defense played good? They couldn't stop Jackson to save their lives. And Campbell has what? The guy is going to get killed because he is so indecisive. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. There's a difference between patience and indecisiveness.

This shouldn't have been a "pulling out a win". It should have been a WIN.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The defense played good? They couldn't stop Jackson to save their lives. And Campbell has what? The guy is going to get killed because he is so indecisive. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. There's a difference between patience and indecisiveness.

This shouldn't have been a "pulling out a win". It should have been a WIN.

You are NOT alone in your feelings. Channel 4, WRC News, just interviewed a number of 'Skins fans, who were still leaving the stadium, and they were not happy!

Disappointment, anger and frustration are what these folks displayed, when asked their opinions.

"The 'Skins should have won this game!"

Otter

Nothing to see here
You may have a few years on me (I'm 46)... I remember those years pretty good though. They were exciting years with Allen and the like. I remember well their loss to Miami. And perhaps Gibbs did spoil me. Is there anything wrong with wanting this team to win instead of just complacently sitting back and accepting this is just how it is?

And I will always revert back to the feeling that this was a winning team until Snottie Snyder ruined them with high dollars thinking he could buy a winning team.

Not gonna argue the snyder angle, as I probably agree with you. The best description of the snyder group was given to me by someone that works for the redskins..They are a marketing company that just happens to own a football team.

Larry's analysis of the game was spot on and I can't get upset with losing that one, it may help to keep the team focused later on this year. The Dallas and Philly games were near perfect, we couldn't expect them to keep playing with 0 turnovers...They lost on a last second field goal but you shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Campbell drove them down to put them ahead prior to the field goal. That means a TON..I really like this team and I refuse to get down on them, say what you want about Gibbs, but he did leave overachieving, class guys here. Zorn has been great, I had my doubts, but I can't complain about anyone in coaching or on the team. Now, Snyder and Cerrato...blech...lol