Typical Redskins Football

Otter

Nothing to see here
The defense played good? They couldn't stop Jackson to save their lives. And Campbell has what? The guy is going to get killed because he is so indecisive. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. There's a difference between patience and indecisiveness.

This shouldn't have been a "pulling out a win". It should have been a WIN.

I'll take any defense that only gives up 12 points when the offense had 3 turnovers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I am a fan, but a very, VERY, VERY frustrated one. This should have been a walk in the park game. But it's what I've come to expect from them.

...but psy, we have to stick with it. Yes, mistakes were made, but, we can't just cut and run. We've GOT to stay the course. Why, if we only surge a little more support, I'm sure, one day, all will be well!

:lmao:

BuddyLee

Football addict
The defense played good? They couldn't stop Jackson to save their lives. And Campbell has what? The guy is going to get killed because he is so indecisive. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. There's a difference between patience and indecisiveness.

This shouldn't have been a "pulling out a win". It should have been a WIN.
You're not watching the game and are clearly over-exaggerating as usual.

I was at the game. Campbell got rid of the ball quickly and decisively. The sacks came from the O-line and miscommunication whereby Campbell had a defender in his face as soon as he snapped the ball.

Steven Jackson had 79 yards with 22 carries, a 3.5 yard per carry average. He got a few skimpers in the third quarter but nothing major.

Shoulda...coulda...woulda. We had a lot of chances to win the game but that's in the past. In a long season, every team has at least one game like this. Sure you can be frustrated but what does that get you at the end of the day? Move on and enjoy the successes...if you as a supposed fan can find any.

angelbaby

I was at the game. Campbell got rid of the ball quickly and decisively. The sacks came from the O-line and miscommunication whereby Campbell had a defender in his face as soon as he snapped the ball.

Steven Jackson had 79 yards with 22 carries, a 3.5 yard per carry average. He got a few skimpers in the third quarter but nothing major.

Shoulda...coulda...woulda. We had a lot of chances to win the game but that's in the past. In a long season, every team has at least one game like this. Sure you can be frustrated but what does that get you at the end of the day? Move on and enjoy the successes...if you as a supposed fan can find any.

:buddies: HTTR! I'm not the least bit worried. I never came in with the mindset that we would easily beat this team. Come on now they had nothing to lose. Those are the most dangerous teams the ones that want it more. Clearly they wanted it more. That and a little luck. :ohwell:

BuddyLee

Football addict
CP running hard and...

Portis - 643 yds, 4.74 ypc
Turner - 597 yds, 4.66 ypc
Peterson - 563 yds, 4.36 ypc

...now leads the entire league in yards.

21 carries for 129 yards for a staggering 6.1 yards per carry average today.

Keep it goin'.:yahoo:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
ESPN - The Blitz - is not being kind to the Redskins; they just devoted about 5 minutes to the 'Skins loss to the Rams.

The 'Skins should not have - ever have lost to an 0 - 4 team, no way.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
You don't need a perfect season to make the playoffs.

If my memory is correct, I don't think the last 3 teams have rushed for over 100 yards. I think this was the highest of the the last 3 weeks.
Dallas, Philadelphia and St. Louis. right?

Rush defense is looking solid right now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
ESPN - The Blitz - is not being kind to the Redskins; they just devoted about 5 minutes to the 'Skins loss to the Rams.

The 'Skins should not have - ever have lost to an 0 - 4 team, no way.
And...the Patriots shouldn't have lost the Super Bowl.

And...Dallas shouldn't have lost to the Skins a few weeks ago.

And...the 15-1 Vikings shouldn't have lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship game.

Stuff happens. We're dealing with professional teams with a lot of parity.

I hope the media gets back to hating the Skins. We play better that way.:yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Dallas shouldn't have lost to Arizona this week too. :yahoo:
Yes, they should have. Arizona is a decent team with a high octane passing attack. Dallas' secondary stinks, especially so with Newman out for a month.

Dallas got lucky in the end but that ran out. They lost big time in the trenches in this game.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Yes, they should have. Arizona is a decent team with a high octane passing attack. Dallas' secondary stinks, especially so with Newman out for a month.

Dallas got lucky in the end but that ran out. They lost big time in the trenches in this game.

So, should we say that this was a "wake up" call for the 'Skins? That maybe Arizona is a threat to them?

Somehow, I don't think Washington is taking the Cardinals too seriously. :lmao:

We'll see.....

BuddyLee

Football addict
So, should we say that this was a "wake up" call for the 'Skins? That maybe Arizona is a threat to them?

Somehow, I don't think Washington is taking the Cardinals too seriously. :lmao:

We'll see.....
I think Arizona has a very legit shot to take the division. One of the NFCE teams will very well see them in the playoffs.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I appreciate those rose-colored glasses you wear. But the koolaid is sour to me.

And don't you ever question my fanship of the Skins. :smack: I think I have been one much, much longer than you. Watching the Skins for about 40 years entitles me to criticize them. I've seen their ups and downs and this down has been going on too long. I have high expectations. You apparently don't. You're content, no, complacent with the idea that they have been a mediocre team for about 10 years that's fine. I don’t think I have to explain to you again that I am anti-Snyder. As long as he is the owner I will have less loyalty than I used to have. And it started with him changing the name of the stadium. If he has no loyalty to his fans, I have no loyalty to him. He owes it to the fans, not the other way around.

Okay... can anyone explain how this team can beat two teams (Dallas who was 3-0 and Phil who was 2-2) on the road, then come home and lose to a team who hadn't won a game yet.

This is typical Redskins football to think they had it in the bag. The only person that performed worth a crap today was Portis. Campbell did his usual I-can't-pass-the-ball-dance and got sacked half a dozen times. Up until today the Skins hadn't had a single turnover. They had 4 today. The defense stunk except Rogers and Horton. And they need to get rid of Brooks. Where in the heck did they get this dud?

They didn't get beat, they lost. I'm trying really hard not to hate this team.

Jesus, they did not play bad. They had a few turnovers and the ball bounced the wrong way.

Randle-El did not play? Cooley did not have a few catches? Betts did not run the ball? These three showed up for the game, and produced. I think they were too relaxed in the first half and need to come out smoking but that will get fixed.

I agree, the punter sucks - extremely inconsistent, but that is about it...

Keep the faith - it's one game that went to crap and only week 6 in new system, they are doing much better than I expected. :yay:

T

toppick08

Jesus, they did not play bad. They had a few turnovers and the ball bounced the wrong way.

Randle-El did not play? Cooley did not have a few catches? Betts did not run the ball? These three showed up for the game, and produced. I think they were too relaxed in the first half and need to come out smoking but that will get fixed.

I agree, the punter sucks - extremely inconsistent, but that is about it...

Keep the faith - it's one game that went to crap and only week 6 in new system, they are doing much better than I expected. :yay:

Yep..:yay:

My Raven's got their ass handed to them........at least the 'Skins kept it close...:lmao: