UFC 75 Champion Vs. Champion!!! Sep 8th

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
This is one AWESOME fight card!!!

Who are you guys picking? My picks below...

Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo
Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor
Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara - Houston is a MONSTER and was the coach for a friend of mine :yay: :yay:

These three match ups I don't know much about...

Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim
Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva
Naoyuki Kotani Vs. Dennis Siver

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
This is one AWESOME fight card!!!

Who are you guys picking? My picks below...

Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo
Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor
Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara - Houston is a MONSTER and was the coach for a friend of mine :yay: :yay:

These three match ups I don't know much about...

Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim
Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva
Naoyuki Kotani Vs. Dennis Siver

You are not picking Bisping? I told you he was my favorite :drama:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Does Henderson...

...have a prayer? Really?

I mean, I'm an Iceman fan but I think I knew, admit it or not, he was gonna have to get lucky against Rampage.

lovinmaryland

Larry Gude said:
I mean, I'm an Iceman fan but I think I knew, admit it or not, he was gonna have to get lucky against Rampage.
I'm still a little upset about that one :drama: thanks for bringing it up again:bawl:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
You are not picking Bisping? I told you he was my favorite :drama:

:lmao: Sorry! :huggy:

I predict Matt Hamil's wrestling skill will put Bisping on the defensive from the start.

Larry Gude said:
...have a prayer? Really?

Does he?! Dan is the MAN.

He's beat Bustamante TWICE! fought Wanderlei to a decision, beat 5 fighters in one night including Noguiera and Babalu (when THEY were heavy weights and he was a middle weight) to win a Pride open weight tournament!

And a whole lot more. I like Rampage but yeah I'm digging Henderson :biggrin:

Aside from the Henderson/Rampage Fight The Alexander/Sakara fight is the one to see. Alexander's grapplng skill is second to none but he's surprised the hell out of everybody by knocking out his last three? opponents. And I mean KTFO... And Sakara is NO slouch! This is gonna be an AWESOME event!!! :yahoo:

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
:lmao: Sorry! :huggy:

I predict Matt Hamil's wrestling skill will put Bisping on the defensive from the start.

Does he?! Dan is the MAN.

He's beat Bustamante TWICE! fought Wanderlei to a decision, beat 5 fighters in one night including Noguiera and Babalu (when THEY were heavy weights and he was a middle weight) to win a Pride open weight tournament!

And a whole lot more. I like Rampage but yeah I'm digging Henderson :biggrin:

Aside from the Henderson/Rampage Fight The Alexander/Sakara fight is the one to see. Alexander's grapplng skill is second to none but he's surprised the hell out of everybody by knocking out his last three? opponents. And I mean KTFO... And Sakara is NO slouch! This is gonna be an AWESOME event!!! :yahoo:
Have you seen that show tapout yet? I think you would like it :huggy:

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
Not yet, it airs on "Vs" and I don't get that channel!
I have Tivo'd about 20 of them I'll savem for you :huggy: It really puts things into perspective when you see up and comers fighting in high school gyms just how tough it is to get your name out there in this sport.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:
I have Tivo'd about 20 of them I'll savem for you :huggy: It really puts things into perspective when you see up and comers fighting in high school gyms just how tough it is to get your name out there in this sport.

:snort: You have no idea! :lmao:

Sweet!!! Can't wait to see them! :love:

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Hay mma fan's I don't know if you guys know about this site yet you can keep up with all of the mma news.Check out sherdog.com.Can't wait until Saturday night it's going to be a good one.

Last edited:

lovinmaryland

tugboater said:
Hay mma fan's I don't know if you guys know about this site yet you can keep up wit all of the mma news.Check out sherdog.com.Can't wait until Saturday night it's going to be a good one.

I was wondering where the hell you were... you are always up to date on the MMA info :huggy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
tugboater said:
Hay mma fan's I don't know if you guys know about this site yet you can keep up with all of the mma news.Check out sherdog.com.Can't wait until Saturday night it's going to be a good one.

Sherdog and mma.tv But I think Sherdog is easier to navigate.:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hamill...

...got ROBBED.

He landed the heavier shots.
He hurt Bisbing and never suffered the same.
He took Bisbing down several times to zero.
He commanded the ring for the vast majority of the fight.
He physically dominated.
When the fight was over Bisbing showed he was beat only to recover nicely, once the fight was given to him, to do what he does best; talk.

Is UFC going the way of the alphabet organizations of boxing where absurd decisions, pushing careers, becomes the norm?

Peter Forsberg

I agree

Larry Gude said:
...got ROBBED.

He physically dominated.
When the fight was over Bisbing showed he was beat only to recover nicely, once the fight was given to him, to do what he does best; talk.

Is UFC going the way of the alphabet organizations of boxing where absurd decisions, pushing careers, becomes the norm?
I agree 100%. Boxing all over again. I watched the fight and saw it the way you did. It was kinda surprising that Hamel didn't really seem to question the outcome. I would have been pissed. I forgot he couldn't hear it. He was ripped.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It wasn't...

Peter Forsberg said:
I agree 100%. Boxing all over again. I watched the fight and saw it the way you did. It was kinda surprising that Hamel didn't really seem to question the outcome. I would have been pissed. I forgot he couldn't hear it. He was ripped.

...clear to me what Matt said, but he did reference the judges and that it's up to them or something along the lines.

I was speechless. Of course, it's their product, their promotion, they control it all, so, if they want to fix fights, it's their prerogative. I get to choose whether to watch or not. I lost some respect for Joe Rogan as well because he has been, to me, one of the better analysts of any sport I've ever heard. He's always called the action pretty good and very fair in my book.

Here's another thought; Matt never pressed the action when he had Bis down, let him up two or three times and he did not go for a choke both times Bis gave up his back. Is he in on it? Is he told "You're not marketable as a super star. If you knock him out, fine, but don't maul the guy on the ground and you'll get a bonus."

I mean, Matt was beating his azz in round one stand up and come on, would any Tito protege let anyone survive a full mount?

This fight stunk.

lovinmaryland

Larry Gude said:
...got ROBBED.

He physically dominated.

Sorry gotta disagree w/ you

By round 3 he was completley winded and wanted to take it and keep it to the ground because he couldn't keep up. He attempted to take down Bisping several times and was unsuccessful. I do give him the first round but the 2nd two were all Bisping. Sorry but it is.....

Back to wrestling Hamill

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
lovinmaryland said:

By round 3 he was completley winded and wanted to take it and keep it to the ground because he couldn't keep up. He attempted to take down Bisping several times and was unsuccessful. I do give him the first round but the 2nd two were all Bisping. Sorry but it is.....

Back to wrestling Hamill

:confused:Did we watch the same fight? :lmao:

I was SERIOUSLY disappointed in Hamills performance. He would consistantly take a dominant position then let Bisping get up or let him regain composure. Compared with his past couple fights he brought about 70% to the cage this time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'll just say...

lovinmaryland said:

Back to wrestling Hamill

...we watched two different fights.

The whole time, after round 1, I was thinking not putting him away would come back to haunt him as Biz was the favorite and is already a marketable fighter for UFC.

As far as being winded, he was still the one going for the take downs and was still the one doing most of the going forward. Biz backed up all of round 2 and 3 after getting shooken in 1 and only went forward to launch a few punches then back on his bicycle.

Robbed I say, robbed. :larry: