UFC 75 Champion Vs. Champion!!! Sep 8th

lovinmaryland

Lugnut said:
That's the start of a good card. Silva is awesome, and Franklin sure isn't a bum, plus he brings in the chicks. :lmao:

Brandon Vera trained at Lloyd Irvings up in White plains!!! I've met him but never got a chance to watch him train or see any of his local fights :frown:
I am not really feelin Franklin.. he is not my type :shrug:

Don't worry if you want you can come to my gym and watch me train :jet:

would that make you feel better? :huggy:

smoothmarine187

lovinmaryland said:
I am not really feelin Franklin.. he is not my type :shrug:

Don't worry if you want you can come to my gym and watch me train :jet:

would that make you feel better? :huggy:

What gym do you go to? Franklin doesn't have massive califlower ears, I guess that's why most chicks dig him :lol:

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
LONDON -- A sellout crowd at the O2 Arena roared its approval of everything light heavyweight Michael Bisping did Saturday during his fight with Matt Hamill.

Until, that is, the scores were announced. And though the hometown boy, Bisping, won a split decision, more than half those in the crowd booed the decision lustily.

Judge Chris Watts gave all three rounds to Hamill, scoring it 30-27. But judges Cecil Peoples and Jeff Mullen scored it 29-28 for Bisping. I had it 30-27 for Hamill, believing his takedowns and his standup were the difference.

In the first round, Hamill's standup was surprisingly effective. He bloodied Bisping's nose and cut him by the left eye. He also took him down repeatedly.

Bisping never mounted any consistent offense, though he did manage to connect with his jab more in the final two rounds.

The two were heated enemies from their time together on Season Three of The Ultimate Fighter and both talked big prior to the fight.

But the fight didn't live up to the heat and what fight there was seemed to be provided by Hamill

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who...

tugboater said:
LONDON -- A sellout crowd at the O2 Arena roared its approval of everything light heavyweight Michael Bisping did Saturday during his fight with Matt Hamill.

Until, that is, the scores were announced. And though the hometown boy, Bisping, won a split decision, more than half those in the crowd booed the decision lustily.

Judge Chris Watts gave all three rounds to Hamill, scoring it 30-27. But judges Cecil Peoples and Jeff Mullen scored it 29-28 for Bisping. I had it 30-27 for Hamill, believing his takedowns and his standup were the difference.

In the first round, Hamill's standup was surprisingly effective. He bloodied Bisping's nose and cut him by the left eye. He also took him down repeatedly.

Bisping never mounted any consistent offense, though he did manage to connect with his jab more in the final two rounds.

The two were heated enemies from their time together on Season Three of The Ultimate Fighter and both talked big prior to the fight.

But the fight didn't live up to the heat and what fight there was seemed to be provided by Hamill

...writ that?

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Larry Gude said:
...got ROBBED.

He landed the heavier shots.
He hurt Bisbing and never suffered the same.
He took Bisbing down several times to zero.
He commanded the ring for the vast majority of the fight.
He physically dominated.
When the fight was over Bisbing showed he was beat only to recover nicely, once the fight was given to him, to do what he does best; talk.

Is UFC going the way of the alphabet organizations of boxing where absurd decisions, pushing careers, becomes the norm?
:yeahthat:

I was so pissed after that fight I could barely stand to watch the Rampage fight. Then Bisping had the audacity to say he out boxed, and beat Hammill...What an idiot! I guess Dana White is already addressing and scheduling the rematch. I hope Hammill steps up and KO's Bispings Azzz!

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
BRITAIN’S Michael Bisping has demanded a rematch with Matt Hamill

don.BRITAIN’S Michael Bisping has demanded a rematch with Matt Hamill following his controversial win over the American at UFC 75 in Lon

Bisping won the light-heavyweight fight on a judges’ decision but hit back at critics who claimed Hamill should have won the grudge match.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, Bisping said: "A lot of people say Matt should’ve won the fight but I disagree with that completely.
"I’m getting so much s***. I got the decision, I went through the fight and I got the win – it’s not like I went out there and got knocked out in 30 seconds. I think people need to realise that.

"It was a good, exciting fight and I think people are focusing on the negatives and not looking at the positives."

The Brit admitted Hamill’s improved stand up had taken him by surprise but revealed he wants to fight the wrestler again as soon as possible.

Bisping said: "I thought it was a close fight, closer than I would have liked it to have been. But I’ve called the UFC and asked for a rematch because I feel I could do a lot better.

"Obviously I don’t like the controversy surrounding the fight so I want to fight him again and this time knock him out or stop him.

"I want a rematch as soon as possible – I don’t want to waste too much of my career on Matt Hamill."

Kickboxing expert Bisping conceded the American wrestler had won the first round of their encounter, but stressed: "I definitely won rounds two and three – they were close but he didn’t really do much.

"I feel quite happy that I beat him in rounds two and three but if people aren’t convinced then I’ll give the fans what they want."
Hamill – known for his superb strength and grappling ability surprised everyone with new-found stand up skills. But although he threw a lot of punches at the Brit, Bisping claimed: "He wasn’t connecting with anything – he never did any damage to me while he had me down.

"He got me down a couple of times but he didn’t really do anything on the floor.

"In rounds two and three, I definitely landed more shots."

Following the judges’ decision to award Bisping the fight, messageboards and fan sites were flooded with complaints from angry UFC fans. But fight referee Mario Yamasaki has backed the result and said he felt the Englishman won the second and third rounds.

:lalala: Bisping attributed over-training as one reason for his below-par show. :lalala:

He said: "A lot of people around me said I over-trained for the fight. I was training for 12 weeks and the camp was too long to be honest, but I didn’t feel over-trained in the fight.

"My fitness was certainly better than his and I never felt tired once, but I never let my hands or my kickboxing go because I was worried about the takedowns
Bisping revealed there is still no love lost between the two, telling us, "The fact is, we don’t like each other but I’m not going to hang my head in shame.

"I think people expected me to go through a lot easier than I did and are looking at it [the decision} as a loss and that I didn’t do myself justice.

"He’s obviously drastically improved. I think he did really well and I should have mentioned that on the night.

"But I’m absolutely up for a rematch

Last edited: