Attachments

• Katrina.JPG
    Katrina.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 103

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Kizzy said:
Wasn't there a thread on this already? :confused:
Yep, but there's breaking news almost every 15 minutes. (well not breaking - but this thing is huge).

I posted earlier in another thread that the Mayor of New Orleans has issued a mandatory evacuation for the city.

Wow!

What are we talking about in numbers here? :confused: A couple million people?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
They finished getting my grandmother out of New Orleans last night. 175 mph winds? That is nuts.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Penn said:
Yep, but there's breaking news almost every 15 minutes. (well not breaking - but this thing is huge).

I posted earlier in another thread that the Mayor of New Orleans has issued a mandatory evacuation for the city.

Wow!

What are we talking about in numbers here? :confused: A couple million people?

Half a million.

Mikeinsmd

Definately one for the record books. I've never been to N. O. Now I'll never get to see it, just read about it in history books. :lol:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Definately one for the record books. I've never been to N. O. Now I'll never get to see it, just read about it in history books. :lol:
You haven't lived until you've barfed on Bourbon Street. :lmao:

PJay

FromTexas said:
They finished getting my grandmother out of New Orleans last night. 175 mph winds? That is nuts.

Just reported wind gust of 215 mph on Fox.

I cannot believe this happening. This will be worse than 9/11.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
I've never been to N. O. Now I'll never get to see it, just read about it in history books.
The book I'm reading is set in the future and New Orleans has been destroyed by flooding and is no more. Interesting....

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
<DL><DT>New Orleans Facts and Statistics
star.gif
star_blank.gif
star_blank.gif
star_blank.gif
<DD><TT>... </TT>-210-1218 direct 504-442-0792 mobile lovelll@peteramayer.com New Orleans facts, statistics Here are interesting facts about New Orleans: New Orleans Population * Population of the metropolitan area: *1,337,726. * Population of within city limits: 484,674 * Male: 46.85 percent * Female: 53.15 percent <TT>...</TT>
http://www.neworleansonline.com/pr/releases/prsall/pr_facts.html </DD></DL>OK, somewhere around One and a third million people are on the move.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Homesick said:
Just reported wind gust of 215 mph winds on Fox.

I cannot believe this happening. This will be worse than 9/11.
I don't think so (in numbers of deaths and you can't count the ones that will be extracted from the crypts). It will be a mess that is for sure but a state of emergency has already been declared and evacuations are in progress.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
You haven't lived until you've barfed on Bourbon Street. :lmao:
Didn't barf, but saw a lot of other people barfing...among other things. :whistle:

NO is toast, no doubt about it. It's a shame, because it's one of the favorite cities I have visited and is absolutely beautiful, especially the French Quarter.

Ken King

PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Didn't barf, but saw a lot of other people barfing...among other things. :whistle:

NO is toast, no doubt about it. It's a shame, because it's one of the favorite cities I have visited and is absolutely beautiful, especially the French Quarter.
Did you drink two hurricanes from O'Briens? That is what got me (not to mention the many pitchers of beer beforehand). :lol:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I visited New Orleans with my wife in conjunction with a business trip to Pascagoula, MS. I'd guess that whole area is in deep trouble (pardon the pun). What a shame!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
Did you drink two hurricanes from O'Briens? That is what got me (not to mention the many pitchers of beer beforehand). :lol:
No, I only drank one - that was enough. :drunk: :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
I had one Hurricane from Pat O'Brien's! Still have the glass in my cubboard! :cheers:

One was enough!