Ugly Broad!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
atleast one Half Of Well Constructed Homes Will Have Roof And Wall Failure. all Gabled Roofs Will Fail...leaving Those Homes Severely Damaged Or Destroyed.the Majority Of Industrial Buildings Will Become Non Functional.partial To Complete Wall And Roof Failure Is Expected. all Wood Framed Low Rising Apartment Buildings Will Be Destroyed.

Concrete Block Low Rise Apartments Will Sustain Major Damage...including Some Wall And Roof Failure. high Rise Office And Apartment Buildings Will Sway Dangerously...a Few To The Point Of Total Collapse. All Windows Will Blow Out. airborne Debris Will Be Widespread...and May include Heavy Items Such As Household Appliances And Even Light Vehicles. Sport Utility Vehicles And Light Trucks Will Be Moved. The Blown Debris Will Create Additional Destruction. Persons...pets...

And Livestock Exposed To The Winds Will Face Certain Death If Struck. Power Outages Will Last For Weeks...as Most Power Poles Will Be Down And Transformers Destroyed. Water Shortages Will Make Human Suffering Incredible By Modern Standards.the Vast Majority Of Native Trees Will Be Snapped Or Uprooted. Only The Heartiest Will Remain Standing But Be Totally Defoliated. Fewcrops Will Remain. Livestock Left Exposed To The Winds Will Bekilled...

:yikes:

I wonder how long it will take Falwell to talk about how God is cleaning the City of Sin.

Mikeinsmd

FromTexas said:
:yikes: I wonder how long it will take Falwell to talk about how God is cleaning the City of Sin.
How many Muslims/libs live down there?? I wonder if this is another Bush Co. disaster? :confused:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I just saw Orlando Salinas, Fox News contributor, out in the streets being buffeted by heavy winds/rain.

He was talking about the amount of flying debris in the area, picked up a 6 foot metal rod that was piled up in a heap of other scraps - siding, roofing, etc.

I don't know, but that didn't strike me as being too smart a place to be - out in the open like that ? :confused:

"Ah, just like we told you, this is not a safe place to be, folks!" (6 foot metal rod protruding from either side of his skull)

What is it with these folks? Risk takers? Love the danger?

rack'm

Jaded
Penn said:
I just saw Orlando Salinas, Fox News contributor, out in the streets being buffeted by heavy winds/rain.

He was talking about the amount of flying debris in the area, picked up a 6 foot metal rod that was piled up in a heap of other scraps - siding, roofing, etc.

I don't know, but that didn't strike me as being too smart a place to be - out in the open like that ? :confused:

"Ah, just like we told you, this is not a safe place to be, folks!" (6 foot metal rod protruding from either side of his skull)

What is it with these folks? Risk takers? Love the danger?

That's what gets these news maggots off, if there is a place that can get you killed, they flock there to get the scoop. :dork:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm curious about the ethnic makeup of New Orleans. They showed the Superdome last night with these hordes of people standing outside saying, "Gimme shelter" because they either couldn't or wouldn't evacuate. Almost every single one of them was black.

So whites were able to get out of the city and blacks weren't? :confused:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Baja28 said:
I think it's called: "Low reporter on the totem pole". :lol:
What about Jim Cantore? He's high up on the weather reporter totem pole, and he's always out in worst crap imaginable.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'm following Free Republic. Apparently, the SuperDome has sustained structural damage...they are moving people under the stands. :sad:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
cattitude said:
I'm following Free Republic. Apparently, the SuperDome has sustained structural damage...they are moving people under the stands. :sad:

Is this a poster reporting? They haven't even gotten that high of winds yet. Makes me wonder about the validity of their claim. :confused:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
FromTexas said:
Is this a poster reporting? They haven't even gotten that high of winds yet. Makes me wonder about the validity of their claim. :confused:

No, it was a tv/radio station and they have a reporter inside. And because the worst of it is yet to come, they are concerned. Also being reported that some of the levees at Lake Pontchartrain have been breeched and reporting 47.5 foot waves in the storm.

Here's the thread...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1472657/posts?q=1&&page=751

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

They are showing one dingbat reporter now on Fox 5. He can barely stand up and give a report.

They say something is burning but emergency personal will not respond to any call.

The worst will not hit for another hour.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Fox dude is about getting blown away. Pretty cool that he'll risk his life to show us what's going on down there. Stupid, but cool.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kizzy said:
They are showing one dingbat reporter now on Fox 5. He can barely stand up and give a report.
We're watching the same thing :lol: Every so often he'll go "ARRRRGGGGHHH" as a gust threatens to take him to the Land of Oz.

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:
The Fox dude is about getting blown away. Pretty cool that he'll risk his life to show us what's going on down there. Stupid, but cool.

Did you notice his swimming goggles?

MSN is off to the side somewhere reporting and it isn’t even raining.

CNN has a reporter riding around in a car. Go figure.

Fox has the best coverage.