Update on Miss Teia.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It sounds like she is doing well, especially for a cat her age. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. She has hyperthyroidism and early stage renal failure, both of which we are trying to medicate (the former a little more successfully than the latter).
We tried giving her subQ fluids at home, but it stressed her too much.

We're letting her guide what help she will take, and she'll let us know when she's had enough.
For now, she eats, excretes, is able to get up on her favorite chair, keeps the 2 three year old boy cats in line, is social, grooms...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Thank you. She has hyperthyroidism and early stage renal failure, both of which we are trying to medicate (the former a little more successfully than the latter).
We tried giving her subQ fluids at home, but it stressed her too much.

We're letting her guide what help she will take, and she'll let us know when she's had enough.
For now, she eats, excretes, is able to get up on her favorite chair, keeps the 2 three year old boy cats in line, is social, grooms...

She is an amazing kitty cat. Go, Miss T!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I guess she is feeling a bit sprightly, my wife snapped a shot of her back upstairs this morning.
MissTeia-20170901-53.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Doc Bennett (who retired from Park Veterinary at the beginning of June) called her a tabby with a big white spot.
The markings are know as cap and saddle. If she had no white, Teia would be a very dark tabby.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Missy T is a bit under the weather today, had not eaten and only sipped a little water. Hid under the couch for a few hours, which she does not do normally.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Doc Bennett (who retired from Park Veterinary at the beginning of June) called her a tabby with a big white spot.
The markings are know as cap and saddle. If she had no white, Teia would be a very dark tabby.

Interesting. Thanks.

Missy T is a bit under the weather today, had not eaten and only sipped a little water. Hid under the couch for a few hours, which she does not do normally.

Maybe, today's dreary weather got Miss T down. I am a member of her fan club. Go, Miss T!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She spent the night laying on a towel in the shower stall.
Was awake and alert this morning, did drink some water.

She's still up there, Mr Buff (the blond ginger) is keeping any eye on her.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She spent the night laying on a towel in the shower stall.
Was awake and alert this morning, did drink some water.

She's still up there, Mr Buff (the blond ginger) is keeping any eye on her.

I got a roasted chicken at Shopper's after having breakfast with friends at Coffee Quarter.
Minced some white meat up for her, which she did nibble.

A few minutes ago, opened a can of kitty fish.
She was tucking in to that as I closed the door to the bath so the boy cats would not try to horn in.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I got a roasted chicken at Shopper's after having breakfast with friends at Coffee Quarter.
Minced some white meat up for her, which she did nibble.

A few minutes ago, opened a can of kitty fish.
She was tucking in to that as I closed the door to the bath so the boy cats would not try to horn in.

When all is said, and done, no one can ever say that you didn't love your pets, and do the best for them. :huggy: Go, Miss T! You are my kindred spirit. :smile:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When all is said, and done, no one can ever say that you didn't love your pets, and do the best for them. :huggy: Go, Miss T! You are my kindred spirit. :smile:

:yay: We try.

This morning she even wanted Second Breakfast, which is why we call her Hobbit Cat from time to time.
She did come down last night and slept on the couch, which is back to her old routine.

Last night, she even wanted some cuddles.
Teia_n_Pip-2017SEP03-01.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
:yay: We try.

This morning she even wanted Second Breakfast, which is why we call her Hobbit Cat from time to time.
She did come down last night and slept on the couch, which is back to her old routine.

Last night, she even wanted some cuddles.

:smile:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looking trim and fit!

:cartwheel
Not as spry as we once were, but being on the topside of the dirt is good.
No recurrence of the pancreatic cancer thus far, and I'm 24 months out from month 3 of 6 of the chemo.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When we started dating in 1978, her family had 2 Siamese, brothers from different litters.

The chocolate point was Fonzie, the lilac was Tiger, brothers from different litters about 9 months apart.
They each made it to a couple weeks shy of 23 years, which is about 108 in human years.
Fonzie_n_Tiger-1394.jpg

Oldest domestic cat, for whom records confirmed the age, was 38 years old at time of death.
But, such super seniors are very rare.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Good lord, spr1975wshs...what on earth do y'all feed your cats? magical litter perhaps? :faint: I think you have a gift....one which my SO would prefer I not take on myself :lol: