Update on Miss Teia.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When she was out exploring last Sunday.

Teia_Splorin-Oct2017-49.jpg

Latest iteration on her age estimate is 6 - 18 months older than we were told when we adopted her (10 1/2 in June 2009), which would make her 19 4/12 - 20 4/12. I've been adding the lower end as she is a lady and a Grande Dame.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
SirThomas Cooper (grey boy, 3 years 4 1/2 months old)
Lord Buffingham Tyger (ginger boy, 3 years 4 months old)
Both of these boys were rescued from a horrible, ongoing hoarding situation on 29 June 2014.
We adopted them on 19 October 2014.

The incredible Miss Teia Honey (tabby girl with a big white spot, 19 - 20 years old, plus 4 months)
Rescued in June 1999 from a horrible boy who hurt her.
Adopted 2 June 2009 from the folks who had her 10 years, but did not socialize her.

Teia_Friends-15_n.jpg

frequentflier

happy to be living
Both of these boys were rescued from a horrible, ongoing hoarding situation on 29 June 2014.

The incredible Miss Teia Honey (tabby girl with a big white spot, 19 - 20 years old, plus 4 months)
Adopted 2 June 2009 from the folks who had her 10 years, but did not socialize her.

View attachment 120169

:clap:

littlelady

God bless the USA

View attachment 120169

Thanks for posting about your kitties! I miss mine so much, and can't own any more; so, I will live, vicariously, through yours. :smile:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This picture is from March 1983, the first 2 cats we adopted together as man and wife.
The Grey Sisters; Queen Victoria and Calamity Jane
Victoria made it 17 1/2 years, Cammie 21 1/3.

CalamityJane_n_QueenVictoria_theGreySisters-March1983.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cooper and Buff - 3 years today

Three years ago today Cooper and Buff joined the family.
The 1st evening, they were hiding under the bed and nightstand in the guest bedroom, which we made into a "nursery" to slowly introduce them to Miss Teia, 17 years their senior.

Cooper was 5 months old.
Cooper-2014OCT19-56.jpg

Buff was 4 1/2 months old.
Buff-2014OCT19-56.jpg

By the next day they were looking for company.
Cooper_n_Buff-2014OCT20-56.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
They have, as you can see in the photo a few posts up where they are watching Teia from the windowsill, grown into handsome men cat.

Love it! Are they catty and try to antagonize each other like that rivalry thing? Tommy loved to sleep in the wicker rocker, and when Sox would walk by, Tommy would bop him on the head with his paw, and then it was chase time! What was so funny is the dogs would take care of it, and calm them down. Oreo, especially, was the mom (she was the greyhound/lab mix), and would give them baths. Too funny! I miss them all, so.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Also, something I just remembered. When my parents would come visit from TX, they always said our house was a peaceable kingdom. It was truly awesome to watch how our beloved furry friends interacted, and loved each other; even though they had their moments. I have pics of Tommy and Sox curled up together, but sadly were lost on my computer that blew up. I have learned to save things, now. I am not very techy savvy.

And, I can't forget to mention our shy girl, Cookie (Akita/Shepherd mix). Whe was so so sweet. All our pets have been awesome. And, Daisy is now the light of our life. We see all our previous beloved furries through her, and she represents them, awesomely!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Buff is much more active than Cooper, rarely walks when a sprint will do.

He likes to sit in the high places around the house; bookshelves, pantry cabinets, the balcony railing at the head of the stairs to the second floor...

Cooper is a quiet gentlemen. He likes to lay under the couch or bed, sit on a window sill watching birds. His big hobby, though, is the cardboard scratch pads. He really tears into them, have to get a new one every month or so.

The boys like to have their daily wrestle, groom each other, snuggle sometimes.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Buff is much more active than Cooper, rarely walks when a spring will do.

He likes to sit in the high places around the house; bookshelves, pantry cabinets, the balcony railing at the head of the stairs to the second floor...

Cooper is a quiet gentlemen. He likes to lay under the couch or bed, sit on a window sill watching birds. His big hobby, though, is the cardboard scratch pads. He really tears into them, have to get a new one every month or so.

The boys like to have their daily wrestle, groom each other, snuggle sometimes.

I love furry friend stories. Thanks for yours. I forgot to mention in my post about Tom and Sox that Sox was deaf from birth. He never let Tom get the best of him. Cats are amazing creatures. I miss them so.

Edit: When we adopted Sox from Tri County Animal shelter they were all ga ga about him, and said he was a cool cat because it didn't bother him if dogs were barking, or any of the other noise. They didn't know he was deaf. We found out about two weeks later, after we brought him home. He was the coolest cat, ever. Such a sweetie, and he knew we rescued him, and how much we loved him. As far as Tom, best cat, ever, too. So loving that it was ridiculous. In summary, I have loved all my cats over time. Distinct personalities, and so much fun, and payback for the love.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I love furry friend stories. Thanks for yours. I forgot to mention in my post about Tom and Sox that Sox was deaf from birth. He never let Tom get the best of him. Cats are amazing creatures. I miss them so.

Edit: When we adopted Sox from Tri County Animal shelter they were all ga ga about him, and said he was a cool cat because it didn't bother him if dogs were barking, or any of the other noise. They didn't know he was deaf. We found out about two weeks later, after we brought him home. He was the coolest cat, ever. Such a sweetie, and he knew we rescued him, and how much we loved him. As far as Tom, best cat, ever, too. So loving that it was ridiculous. In summary, I have loved all my cats over time. Distinct personalities, and so much fun, and payback for the love.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stories like that is why I support rescues as resources allow.

littlelady

God bless the USA
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stories like that is why I support rescues as resources allow.

I support when I can, too. We adopted Sox when he was 3 months old. It is amazing he survived the time before being brought to the shelter. He was waiting for us. I have posted before that (although don't know his true age, but he died at approx 14). The way we found out he was deaf before his first kitty vet check up is all the noise in the house didn't phase him; two young children, two dogs, and another cat. He wasn't responding to his name, and if you walked up where he couldn't see you, he would jump into the air from being startled. His favorite thing to do was knock down the music prop on the piano. We would all jump, but he just sat there on the piano, and didn't budge. LOL!
A year and half before Sox died, he was diagnosed with shoulder cancer. We chose to pay the 2000 to try to save him. The vet amputated his front left leg. He was amazing to watch. When he ran around the house, it was like he didn't miss the fourth leg at all. Amazing! Sadly, the vet didn't get it all, and it came back. But, we had our dear Sox for one more year. He was a tuxedo, btw, and a truly awesome kitty!

I have some Tommy stories, too, but will save for another time. BFF = Best Furry Friends

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I support when I can, too. We adopted Sox when he was 3 months old. It is amazing he survived the time before being brought to the shelter. He was waiting for us. I have posted before that (although don't know his true age, but he died at approx 14). The way we found out he was deaf before his first kitty vet check up is all the noise in the house didn't phase him; two young children, two dogs, and another cat. He wasn't responding to his name, and if you walked up where he couldn't see you, he would jump into the air from being startled. His favorite thing to do was knock down the music prop on the piano. We would all jump, but he just sat there on the piano, and didn't budge. LOL!
A year and half before Sox died, he was diagnosed with shoulder cancer. We chose to pay the 2000 to try to save him. The vet amputated his front left leg. He was amazing to watch. When he ran around the house, it was like he didn't miss the fourth leg at all. Amazing! Sadly, the vet didn't get it all, and it came back. But, we had our dear Sox for one more year. He was a tuxedo, btw, and a truly awesome kitty!

I have some Tommy stories, too, but will save for another time. BFF = Best Furry Friends

We adopted Cooper and Buff after we lost three of our beloved cat girls within 2 years; Silver Kestrel the Ransacker from aggressive intestinal lymphoma in June 2012, Chesapeake Bandylegs the Hunter in January 2014 from congestive heart failure, and Hildiekatt Halfshadow the Harrier from intestinal lymphoma (she was Kestrel's younger sister) in June 2014. Hildie was Kessie's half sister by about 18 months. Hell of it is, their Momma Cat, Percy, lived 23 years.

Vet thinks Kessie and Hildie's lymphoma was genetic. Momma Cat and Daddy Cat were carriers, our girls got screwed.

Miss Teia may be as old as 20 years and 4 months...need to get her to the vet for an annual check up.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
We adopted Cooper and Buff after we lost three of our beloved cat girls within 2 years; Silver Kestrel the Ransacker from aggressive intestinal lymphoma in June 2012, Chesapeake Bandylegs the Hunter in January 2014 from congestive heart failure, and Hildiekatt Halfshadow the Harrier from intestinal lymphoma (she was Kestrel's younger sister) in June 2014. Hildie was Kessie's half sister by about 18 months. Hell of it is, their Momma Cat, Percy, lived 23 years.

Vet thinks Kessie and Hildie's lymphoma was genetic. Momma Cat and Daddy Cat were carriers, our girls got screwed.

Miss Teia may be as old as 20 years and 4 months...need to get her to the vet for an annual check up.

I have already told you that my oldest living cat was Kitty that I found in a tree in my front yard in NOLA. She was barely 6 weeks old. I was 10. Kitty died 4 months before the birth of my first child; I was 31. I don't know why I/you want to take critters into our life because it is so sad when they are gone. Actually, I know the answer. It is because they have a better life with us than they would have had, and they bring so much joy. I just wish when it is over that I didn't miss them so much. Life is hard enough. But, in the same turn, our Best Furry Friends teach us, a lot. RIP, special ones.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I, also, was just thinking about my long haired dachshund named, Taffy. My boyfriend in high school parents bred them, and gave her to me. She died about 2 years after my first child was born. Taffy was 18, and absolutely adorable.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia has been pretty active today, just got in after about 20 minutes in the backyard.

She was just walking around for the first half of the exercise, looking for suitable grass to chew, and then came up to the deck.

Almost went in, then turned around. She looked like she was listening to something, quickly trotted down the 12 steps and then was hunting it, even got down on her belly and pounced, but didn't come up with anything. She ran halfway across the yard, stopped near the deck, looked around once more, then ran up the stairs, paused for some ear scritches, then wanted to go in.

Looked like many years had dropped off.