Urgent- neglect need advice....

ladyhawk

!

Why in the world would anyone have a horse, regardless of board type, that they only see infrequently? What's the point?

Good Point!

In my case, it was getting my kids settled down into new schools, sport leagues and getting to know the area myself. We were "new" in town.. Once I got my kids settled and was able to find my way around, I found more time to spend with my horse, which is how I ended up finding out there was a problem...

June

Hoover

Many people who board their horses pay board and never see the horses. I used to board at a place and only saw one lady twice the two years we were there. She never rode her horse at all. She was a great horse too. Very loving and sweet always wanted affection. I groomed her all the time or she would never of gotten brushed at all. Its sad what people do to them.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yup, still no one is saying who this is. You should NOT be shy about this. Multiple people here have said they no who it is. Can someone PM or email me? I'll be happy to post it and keep you anonymous if you're worried about something happening.

My horses are at my house so, I'm not worried. (Not that I would even THINK about staying at a place like the one mentioned.)

fredsaid2

Good Point!

In my case, it was getting my kids settled down into new schools, sport leagues and getting to know the area myself. We were "new" in town.. Once I got my kids settled and was able to find my way around, I found more time to spend with my horse, which is how I ended up finding out there was a problem...

June

Your situation was completely understandable. Other people who buy a horse, then park it somewhere when the 'glow' wears off befuddle me. Why spend the money? The buggers are expensive, might as well have fun with them.

Rt235

And staying mum on who/where this is is not a good decision. It should be made public and the place should be reported to the state. I would hate for someone else to board there not knowing what happened.

I work in the health care industry where HIPPA laws protect everything! We go thru ethics training every year.
Bottom line on confidentiality (ethics) and all that is this: Confidentiality ends where public peril begins.

If the actions of an individual are going to harm others: You have a duty to report and advise. ( and let those you report to decide :wink:)

Just my 2 cents.......

MDres

Why in the world would anyone have a horse, regardless of board type, that they only see infrequently? What's the point?

There can be valid reasons that a horse is boarded and the owner never visits...

I've gone a bit over 3 years without seeing my boarded horses. In my case, the military sent us somewhere the horses couldn't go...

I didn't for a second consider selling my horses because the military was sending us far away. My daughter's pony was young, but the other 2 were ancient and un-rideable. No one with honest intentions would be interested in buying them. It was in their best interest to remain owned by me, and boarded where I knew they would be cared for. I have owned them for decades, they didn't deserve to be tossed out like trash.

ladyhawk

I work in the health care industry where HIPPA laws protect everything! We go thru ethics training every year.
Bottom line on confidentiality (ethics) and all that is this: Confidentiality ends where public peril begins.

If the actions of an individual are going to harm others: You have a duty to report and advise. ( and let those you report to decide :wink:)

Just my 2 cents.......

Now that the authorities have been called in, I don't think it's up to those who know the person and/or facility involved to openly reveal the details any further. We can only hope the authorities do the right thing by speaking on behalf of a horse who no longer has a voice....

June

fredsaid2

There can be valid reasons that a horse is boarded and the owner never visits...

I've gone a bit over 3 years without seeing my boarded horses. In my case, the military sent us somewhere the horses couldn't go...

I didn't for a second consider selling my horses because the military was sending us far away. My daughter's pony was young, but the other 2 were ancient and un-rideable. No one with honest intentions would be interested in buying them. It was in their best interest to remain owned by me, and boarded where I knew they would be cared for. I have owned them for decades, they didn't deserve to be tossed out like trash.

So, a second good reason. Though you have to know I'm speaking of those who buy a horse then forget to show up to see it with no good reason.

PrepH4U

Now that the authorities have been called in, I don't think it's up to those who know the person and/or facility involved to openly reveal the details any further. We can only hope the authorities do the right thing by speaking on behalf of a horse who no longer has a voice....

June

Yep now that the facility has at least two openings, let someone unsuspecting board their horse at a facility known for neglect. Makes perfect sense. Way to hide your heads in the sand!
If it was a car mechanic, restaurant or any other place everyone would be on spouting their opinions. Why is this horse facility being protected?

luvmyhorses

Yep now that the facility has at least two openings, let someone unsuspecting board their horse at a facility known for neglect. Makes perfect sense. Way to hide your heads in the sand!
If it was a car mechanic, restaurant or any other place everyone would be on spouting their opinions. Why is this horse facility being protected?

No one is protecting this place, trust me it won't be open much longer the way it's going.

Can someone at least tell me/us what county this farm is in?? pleeze... My sister free leases a horse to someone on a farm in Lusby.. TIA

ladyhawk

Can someone at least tell me/us what county this farm is in?? pleeze... My sister free leases a horse to someone on a farm in Lusby.. TIA

I'm sure your sister probably knows by now, along with most if not all other horse owners and/or boarders within the county the farm is located.

News such as this spreads quickly among the horse owners...

June

PrepH4U

I'm sure your sister probably knows by now, along with most if not all other horse owners and/or boarders within the county the farm is located.

News such as this spreads quickly among the horse owners...

June

Well evidently her sister doesn't know or she wouldn't have asked. :banghead:
Not all of us horse owners are in the knowing circle. So you cannot even tell her what county?

ladyhawk

Well evidently her sister doesn't know or she wouldn't have asked. :banghead:
Not all of us horse owners are in the knowing circle. So you cannot even tell her what county?

First of all, her sister may have found out since she posted her request...
Secondly, she may have just assumed that her sister didn't know because her sister hadn't told her anything... Happens a lot... And if her sister is in the same county, it won't be long before she finds out on her own anyway.

I am not an advocate of releasing information on situations such as this when there is an active investigation, which there is. Sometimes information that gets "passed along", gets twisted by others thus hampering the initial investigation. Hopefully, there will be an update after the investigation has been completed.

June

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I received messages from multiple people that the place is in Lusby. The name was slightly different but seems to be Hi-Tail Farm or High Tail It or a variation there of.

To prevent any kind of retribution I won't say who told me what, as promised but, I hope this info is enough for other people to recognize and avoid the farm.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
First of all, her sister may have found out since she posted her request...
Secondly, she may have just assumed that her sister didn't know because her sister hadn't told her anything... Happens a lot... And if her sister is in the same county, it won't be long before she finds out on her own anyway.

I am not an advocate of releasing information on situations such as this when there is an active investigation, which there is. Sometimes information that gets "passed along", gets twisted by others thus hampering the initial investigation. Hopefully, there will be an update after the investigation has been completed.

June

Police action is public record, Robin is a master on court records and police blotters so she would find out soon enough. ;)

Trash never deserves to be protected.

mamatutu

mama to two
It doesn't take long to hurt or even kill a horse.

I had a horse growing up, but not in my adult years; so it has been 30 years since I owned a horse. This thread is so sad because this situation should not have happened; especially when someone is paying for care. I hope, if all allegations are true, that this boarding facility is shut down. I have never understood how humans can be so cruel to animals; whether it be a horse, dog, cat, wild creatures, or even critters that we are afraid of. I hope the OP lets us know how this all pans out.

luvmyhorses

I had a horse growing up, but not in my adult years; so it has been 30 years since I owned a horse. This thread is so sad because this situation should not have happened; especially when someone is paying for care. I hope, if all allegations are true, that this boarding facility is shut down. I have never understood how humans can be so cruel to animals; whether it be a horse, dog, cat, wild creatures, or even critters that we are afraid of. I hope the OP lets us know how this all pans out.

I will keep y'all posted:)