US Open

thurley42

HY;FR
...ridiculous. By all rights who SHOULD have collapsed. If we all 'knew' what was gonna happen, there'd be no point in competition, either to play or to watch.

How many majors does Rocco have? When was his last win? THAT'S why we play and that's why we watch; because of what might happen, not in spite of what should happen.

Tiger is amazing, but, he does NOT have the level of competitors that Jack faced and he does not have the level of success Jack has. Jack has more major wins than anyone and he has more 2nds than he does wins and he has more 3rds than 1's and 2's put together and he was top 10 73 times!!!

Tiger is only four back in major wins, but he's not even close in 2's and 3's. Tiger is either on or off. Jack was almost always in the hunt and almost always faced someone putting up a fight like Rocco did.

The sad fact, and also the beauty, is that the performance Rocco put up was the norm in Jack's era, someone always fighting their guts out, and is all too rare these days.

Tiger is a long, long way from being #1 all time in my book because he simply has not been there, having a chance anywhere near as much as Jack has and Tiger has had the competition just fold way, way to much.

Point is, we got to see a great match courtesy of Rocco and Tiger. Here's to many more!

As a native Ohioan from Columbus and a Buckeye, Jack will always be #1 with me.

It's a pet peeve of mine to watch, drafts, pregame shows, etc. etc, when the experts call "without a doubt" what will happen. Then when they are so wrong about something it isn't even funny, they just ignore their predictions and focus on what will happen next. Buster Olney is one of the few people in the sports media who own up to his bad calls. I would like to see more of that...so i just admit when I'm proven wrong is all.

but yeah....I don't really remember the last time i took off from work early to go home and watch golf. It was a great tourney and a great finish.