USS Iowa!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Triggerfish said:
And people in NY state refer NYC as The City......depends on where you're from. San Francisco however is a beauitiful city with great selection of restaurants and cultural mix.
I have never been to NYC, but would love to visit sometime. :yay:

tomchamp

Triggerfish said:
And people in NY state refer NYC as The City......depends on where you're from. San Francisco however is a beauitiful city with great selection of restaurants and cultural mix.
No. it's The Big Apple! Why? OH and NY has no cultural mix! OMG!

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
tomchamp said:
What gets me is this! I hate to say this, but she finnally did something I agree with!

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., a former San Francisco mayor, helped secure $3 million to tow the Iowa from Rhode Island to the Bay Area in 2001 in hopes of making touristy Fisherman's Wharf its new home.

Yes, but when Stockton ponied up to take over the deal, she blocked them. They stepped to the plate to pick it up and she wants it instead to go to all California cities as an option. I would say the one who first came to fix the mess should get it. She just wants to still get her name stamped on it somehow after her own deal fell apart. She wasn't so concerned with all cities getting an option when she was trying to get it placed in San Fran.

tomchamp

FromTexas said:
Yes, but when Stockton ponied up to take over the deal, she blocked them. They stepped to the plate to pick it up and she wants it instead to go to all California cities as an option. I would say the one who first came to fix the mess should get it. She just wants to still get her name stamped on it somehow after her own deal fell apart. She wasn't so concerned with all cities getting an option when she was trying to get it placed in San Fran.
I knew there was a catch to that liberal b!tch! Hey watch how you pronounce that city! RoseRed is particular about it!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
tomchamp said:
You know me too well! Ass is my middle name..sometimes! But really I'm an alright jerk! :lol:
Hey been to the Hole in a while?
Yes, I know. :lol:

Nope, I have been in there maybe 7 - 8 times in the last 14 months.

Triggerfish

tomchamp said:
No. it's The Big Apple! Why? OH and NY has no cultural mix! OMG!

Did I say anywhwere that they didn't have a cultural mix? Yeah, people around the world may call NYC as the Big Apple but whenever we said The City everyone knew it meant NYC. I don't think I've ever heard anyone call NYC as the Big Apple in casual conversation where I lived in Orange County NY. It was always....we're going shopping to The City.....did you hear what happened in The City....

Triggerfish

Bogart said:
I would imagine ANYONE who lives near a city calls it 'the city'.

Yes, my point exactly. I was saying that people who live near NYC called it "The City."

The largest city in many regions are usually called "The City." We lived about 40 miles or so from NYC so it was "the city" to the people in my area.

Last edited:

tomchamp

Triggerfish said:
Yes, my point exactly. I was saying that people who live near NYC called it "The City."

The largest city in many regions are usually called "The City." We lived about 40 miles or so from NYC so it was "the city" to the people in my area.

Sorry Trigger!

RoseRed said:
It grates my nerves when people refer to San Francisco as Frisco. If anything, it is referred to as The City.
Did you know it is illegal in San Francisco to refer to the city as "Frisco"? $50.00 fine.

Triggerfish

itsbob said:
Let me get this right.. the GAYS.. don't want a NAVY ship in the harbor??

That's too friggin funny!!

Weird isn't it? The Bay area used to be a fairly large navy area with Fleet Week celebration and everything. I remember wanting to get stationed in Alameda when I first joined the navy. Even when I ended up stationed in other places like WA state and Central Calif I made a point to visit San Francisco when I had the chance.

Triggerfish

Rosered, I said San Francisco is beautiful but I got to see some of the ugly side too. The last time I visited while I was still single there was some major convention and most of the hotels were completely booked. I ended up with a room either in the Castro District or the Tenderloin.