Varmint Rifle

dustin

UAIOE
Savage makes a really nice affordable rifle and I can't believe no one has suggested .223 yet, yeah it has got somewhat expensive but it is still a better deal than 22-250 and can be found everywhere.

Rifle and decent scope for under $500 is going to be tough. A good varmint rifle needs a good scope on it as well.
:yeahthat: I hear a bolt action, heavy barrel .223 is the way to go for varmintssss

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I doubt it. The way the shooters reacted to the recoil I seriously doubt it is anything less than a .308.

I found this on the FAQ.

Q: What the @#$% did you shoot those varmints with?

A: Well, this varies. We use the following calibers in our 2 current titles: .17 HMR, .204 Ruger, .223, .22-250, .243 Ackley Improved, 7mm Rem. Mag, and someone came up with the bright idea to lug a .50 BMG out to the field in our second video.

The majority of kills in “PDBG!” come from the .223 and .22-250.

In “DBG&B!”, it’s mostly the .243 AI and .22-250 on Rock chucks and Ground Squirrels, and the .204 Ruger and .22-250 on Prairie Dogs. More important than caliber though, is the bullet design. Almost all of the varmints in both videos are hit with highly frangible bullets, such as the Hornady V-Max, or Sierra BlitzKing. This is what really causes the extreme reactions you see.