Verizon Wireless has lost it!

baxter

I had seven phones with Verizon wireless, including my daughters that was under warranty. When attaching the charger to the phone the phone would no longer charge. My wife takes my daughter to Verizon over on RTE4 near Lowes and explains to Verizon the phone no longer accepts a charge. Verizon agrees to replace the phone until my 14 yr old daughter says, "if you wiggle the plug it will charge". Now Verizon states the warranty is void. So, I decide to go to Verizon myself. I ask them if the charging systems was working correctly, would it need to be giggled around in order to charge? The agreed but still would not cover it under warranty. Now that I am highly irate, I call the 1-800 customer service number and explain what is going on, I am told i will receive a call back in ten minutes as the looser on the phone needs to speak with a supervisor. Thirty minutes later, I call again, only to get a different individual on the phone where I need to re explain the entire problem. I am told to hold while this person gets a supervisor. Verizon agrees to replace the phone and that a new phone should arrive the next day. I am told to keep the battery from the old phone. So i have to ask the person n the phone, what if the new phone arrives and there is a problem with the battery? Am i expected to come back here and go through this again? I am told by the person on the phone to speak with the manager in the store and have them check the battery. The manager in the store states to me that he does not have a test battery, only batteries for sale. At this point I took my phone out, snapped it in half and told them where to put it! So i get home and dial the 800 number to disconnect all seven phones. The person on the line asks what the problem is, like I have all day to speak with ten different people, so i explained to him what had happened and he apologized and wanted to send me to yet another supervisor, no way been there done that a few times today. He then explains that there is an early cancellation notice which i tell him i disagree. I told him that i paid his company to provide a service and did he think i was getting good service? He agreed with me. So, any day now i should be receiving a early cancellation fee for a phone that was not covered under warranty? WTF????
Anyone know how I would take Verizon to court> Thanks.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I had seven phones with Verizon wireless, including my daughters that was under warranty. When attaching the charger to the phone the phone would no longer charge. My wife takes my daughter to Verizon over on RTE4 near Lowes and explains to Verizon the phone no longer accepts a charge. Verizon agrees to replace the phone until my 14 yr old daughter says, "if you wiggle the plug it will charge". Now Verizon states the warranty is void. So, I decide to go to Verizon myself. I ask them if the charging systems was working correctly, would it need to be giggled around in order to charge? The agreed but still would not cover it under warranty. Now that I am highly irate, I call the 1-800 customer service number and explain what is going on, I am told i will receive a call back in ten minutes as the looser on the phone needs to speak with a supervisor. Thirty minutes later, I call again, only to get a different individual on the phone where I need to re explain the entire problem. I am told to hold while this person gets a supervisor. Verizon agrees to replace the phone and that a new phone should arrive the next day. I am told to keep the battery from the old phone. So i have to ask the person n the phone, what if the new phone arrives and there is a problem with the battery? Am i expected to come back here and go through this again? I am told by the person on the phone to speak with the manager in the store and have them check the battery. The manager in the store states to me that he does not have a test battery, only batteries for sale. At this point I took my phone out, snapped it in half and told them where to put it! So i get home and dial the 800 number to disconnect all seven phones. The person on the line asks what the problem is, like I have all day to speak with ten different people, so i explained to him what had happened and he apologized and wanted to send me to yet another supervisor, no way been there done that a few times today. He then explains that there is an early cancellation notice which i tell him i disagree. I told him that i paid his company to provide a service and did he think i was getting good service? He agreed with me. So, any day now i should be receiving a early cancellation fee for a phone that was not covered under warranty? WTF????
Anyone know how I would take Verizon to court? Thanks.

You might wind up spending more in court costs alone. You might be better off just paying the early cancellation fee and switching wireless carriers. JMHO

CalvertActiv

Your first mistake was going to the store. That store is horrible.
If you had just called Verizon in the first place (since it was under warranty) they would have sent you a new phone and/or battery. I've done that a couple times now when my phone stopped holding a charge.
7 phones...wow your early cancellation fee is going to be over $1000...

Instead of being a total jerk to service people try being friendly, you get a lot more and they will sometimes go out of their way for someone who is respectful.

You are S.O.L.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I had seven phones with Verizon wireless, including my daughters that was under warranty. When attaching the charger to the phone the phone would no longer charge..

So give your daughter on of your other phones.

baxter

I have had nothing but problems with Verizon since day one! Your advice is to sit there and take it on the chin? You dont mind paying for something that`s not worth what your paying for. I have no intention of paying them a red cent for early cancellation. They will get half of it after it goes to collection,,,,As far as my credit score, i can explain that if needed. Everything i purchase is cash---no mtg (paid off) etc. I refuse to take it in the backside!

pelers

Instead of being a total jerk to service people try being friendly, you get a lot more and they will sometimes go out of their way for someone who is respectful.

You are S.O.L.

Have to agree. Catch more flies with honey, etc. Breaking your phone in front of them was a very sad display of temper tantrum, especially after they already said they would replace the phone!

foodcritic

Anyone know how I would take Verizon to court> Thanks.

Read the fine print of the contract. There are some ways out. It is a contractual dispute. But they may try to mess with your credit. So be careful of that.

They have us over a barrel.

baxter

OK, you do as your told, march out the door when instructed with your tail between you legs, continue to be a follower. I think folks need to stand up to these larger companies when there getting screwed.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Some forumites might even work at VZW.

What phone was it? Replacement phones don't ship with batteries. If the charging port is loose, the battery probably 99.9% isn't a problem. Now your broken phone will result in an equipment charge on your bill when you send it back broken, which is going to piss you off even more.

Some of the advice above is good advice.

I have had nothing but problems with Verizon since day one! Your advice is to sit there and take it on the chin? You dont mind paying for something that`s not worth what your paying for. I have no intention of paying them a red cent for early cancellation. They will get half of it after it goes to collection,,,,As far as my credit score, i can explain that if needed. Everything i purchase is cash---no mtg (paid off) etc. I refuse to take it in the backside!

Your blood pressure is up and you lose sleep at night, don't you?

mike504

hi

If you didn’t want to pay a cancelation fee.. Then signing a contract agreeing to do so if you canceled early was probably not a good idea..

I agree with a few other people on here.. Its seems like your approach to the whole thing was your down fall more than Verizon being the devil..LOL

:shrug:

acommondisaster

Your first mistake was going to the store. That store is horrible.
If you had just called Verizon in the first place (since it was under warranty) they would have sent you a new phone and/or battery. I've done that a couple times now when my phone stopped holding a charge.
7 phones...wow your early cancellation fee is going to be over $1000...

You are S.O.L.

:yeahthat:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If you didn’t want to pay a cancelation fee.. Then signing a contract agreeing to do so if you canceled early was probably not a good idea..

I agree with a few other people on here.. Its seems like your approach to the whole thing was your down fall more than Verizon being the devil..LOL

:shrug:

He should have read the contract when he bought his Quality Built home too.

BernieP

Resident PIA
He should have read the contract when he bought his Quality Built home too.

:killingme

Seven phones and has been constantly displeased with Verizon.... something doesn't seem right. I started with one line, one phone and it grew over time. If I was displeased with their service I would not have gone back and added the additoinal lines. Not to mention that was seven times (plus renewals) that you had to read the terms of the contract - which are also clearly posted on their website.

As for warranty on the equipment, batteries are typically not covered, but the port would be (or should be). That's if the phone is covered. Warranty period on phones is short, for kids I recommend paying the fee and getting insurance, for a small copay they send you out a replacement phone in short order. FWIW, for kids, phones are not critical litems, "short order" is a couple of days - they overnight the equipment, they'll live.

As for Verizon Wireless, I've had a few frustrations, learned my lesson (see insurance etc). But overall the customer service has been good, the advice about honey, asking questions, conversing with the staff, is often very helpful in getting better deals. We went in and had a frank discussion about lowering the cost of our bill - they gave us options that saved us money, stuff that isn't advertised (like lower data packages).

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
You broke the phone in their store, acted like an ass and then you want to take them to court? You should've accepted the phone they were going to send instead of being angry and "standing up to Corporate America" :yay:

mdff21

Wondering if they saved the video tape of destroying the phone and showing the way you acted. That should prove interesting to the court when the lawsuit comes up.

baxter

you all bend over and take it from corporate America, you should be pleased. Go to Walmart isle 6, but a set and sew them on,,,,then stand up for yourselves!

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Well go have fun with Sprints crap customer service, or AT&T's spotty cell service, or you can get reamed by the pay as you go bunch.

Verizon has never given me a problem, these guys (at least in the old store), would bend over backwards to make sure the customer was happy. Battery went dead in my old Chocolate 2, had the phone for about 2 years, not even 5 min in the store new bat. Upgraded me for free from a voyager to a ENV touch for free, still have the phone. Moved from Hollywood to LP, went from having decent reception to none. They turned off my wireless card for free, no cancellation fee, even let me keep the device.

I wouldn't call it bending over to corporate America when people say use respect etc. I am 100% sure you would have made a thread b itching about the way you had been treated if they had called you a loser, or used profanity or broke your phone for you. Treat others the way you want to be treated and the results might be surprising.

Justme2

I love my Tracfone Lose it, so what, it breaks so what, Reasonable service.

No contract. no problems, don't need a phone stuck to my ear or my hand. and still keep in touch.