Video Editing Software

belvak

Happy Camper
Didn't take the time to search to see if this has been covered, so I apologize in advance if it already has. Now that the Granddaughter is here, we're taking videos with our phones. Mine saves all videos as MP4 files. I don't have anything on my computer that will let me edit and save as any other format (at least, not that I know of). Any suggestions for good, reliable free video editing software that allows for saving in various formats? TIA!

FCTCNews

Adobe Premiere Elements

Didn't take the time to search to see if this has been covered, so I apologize in advance if it already has. Now that the Granddaughter is here, we're taking videos with our phones. Mine saves all videos as MP4 files. I don't have anything on my computer that will let me edit and save as any other format (at least, not that I know of). Any suggestions for good, reliable free video editing software that allows for saving in various formats? TIA!

I'd recommend looking at editing software a little more sophisticated and robust than Windows Movie Maker. At the professional end you could go with Adobe Premiere Pro but with the new Creative Cloud purchasing it could get a little expensive and could be a little too complicated for your granddaughter, depending on her age.

I'd like to suggest a step in between the two. Adobe Premiere Elements is a good starting point and it usually comes bundled with Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's a higher quality software than Movie Maker but isn't crazy expensive like professional editing software. This is also a good gateway into professional software if your granddaughter gets really interested in editing. Here's a link to a low-cost reseller, Academic Superstore: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 12 Education Student and Teacher Edition (Mac / Win) for $118.99 at Academic Superstore. I hope this helps.

belvak

Happy Camper
I'd recommend looking at editing software a little more sophisticated and robust than Windows Movie Maker. At the professional end you could go with Adobe Premiere Pro but with the new Creative Cloud purchasing it could get a little expensive and could be a little too complicated for your granddaughter, depending on her age.

I'd like to suggest a step in between the two. Adobe Premiere Elements is a good starting point and it usually comes bundled with Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's a higher quality software than Movie Maker but isn't crazy expensive like professional editing software. This is also a good gateway into professional software if your granddaughter gets really interested in editing. Here's a link to a low-cost reseller, Academic Superstore: Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 12 Education Student and Teacher Edition (Mac / Win) for $118.99 at Academic Superstore. I hope this helps.

Thanks! The granddaughter is the subject of all the videos and is 7 months old! I'm more interested in something simple. Just something to allow me to save my MP4 videos to something my daughter, dad, and other relatives can save and watch without any hassle.

Try DVDFab. You can download a free trial version which can convert and cut DVDs in standard DVD VOB file format.