Violence after election results.

Suzette

Fan Dancer
Does anyone in Saint Mary‘s or Calvert County expecting major violence after the presidential election? i’m getting really worried.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Nah, not really. Calvert a slim maybe based in the tear gassing incident during the George Floyd protest. I think that was primarily out-of-area agitators though.

UglyBear

Talk to your neighbors, have a plan for your street. Just in case. If SHTF, you would already have a group to join to other neighbor groups. Ten guys with rifles protecting the entrance to a neighborhood is better optics and deterrent than individuals holed up in their separate houses.

And if needed, maybe deputizing by the sheriffs?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Talk to your neighbors, have a plan for your street. Just in case. If SHTF, you would already have a group to join to other neighbor groups. Ten guys with rifles protecting the entrance to a neighborhood is better optics and deterrent than individuals holed up in their separate houses.

And if needed, maybe deputizing by the sheriffs?

Sounds like something right out of a Glen Tate book.. :yay:

UglyBear

Sounds like something right out of a Glen Tate book.. :yay:
Only the Mormons will come through at the end. Then the world will be cheerful, enterprising and caffeine-free!

(in no way should this be considered as a slight against Mormons -- while I will never change my religion, I greatly admire them -- what other main-stream religion demands two year supply of food?)

UglyBear

In the craziness of civil wars raging across the former Russian Empire, one side of my family was saved from extermination by just that -- a very determined local self-defense group. To every side passing through, they basically said "Local residents are our people, and we are determined to protect them. If you want to start beef with us, maybe you will overwhelm us in the end, but you will suffer yourself. So just mosey on and pick on somewhere else".

limblips

PREMO Member
When Trump wins I would expect there might be a few morons in the park, waldork and peegee county who think they have to protest because BLM. Their collective IQ would be abysmally low. They will also be the ones already known to LEOs.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I suspect DC and surrounding areas will turn into a Civil War type atmosphere. Calvert can be shut down pretty easily as there are only 3 entry points. Blockage at each point. I really don't think anything will happen down here but as my husband told me last night, if SHTF, you are done working in Northern VA. Not going to drive up there during the sh*t show.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Does anyone in Saint Mary‘s or Calvert County expecting major violence after the presidential election? i’m getting really worried.
Nothing to worry about. There will be plenty of murderers, muggers, and rapists around. Hell I suspect it will be like nothing changes at all.

SamSpade

I've said it enough times - with a few exceptions, if it comes to be a war between conservatives and progressives, one side has about 300 million guns.

NOT a smart situation to provoke.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I suspect DC and surrounding areas will turn into a Civil War type atmosphere. Calvert can be shut down pretty easily as there are only 3 entry points. Blockage at each point. I really don't think anything will happen down here but as my husband told me last night, if SHTF, you are done working in Northern VA. Not going to drive up there during the sh*t show.
Keeping the boat fully gassed up at the marina slip, just in case. After I drop a few, of course.

mdff21

I suspect DC and surrounding areas will turn into a Civil War type atmosphere. Calvert can be shut down pretty easily as there are only 3 entry points. Blockage at each point.
Entry/Exit points in Calvert.
1--Route 4 and AA Co. line
2--Route 231 @ Benedict Bridge
3--Route 4 at Thomas Johnson Bridge

Don't forget about #4-Route 2 at the AA Co. line. #5-Old Solomons Island Rd at the AA Co. Line (Owings) #6-Route 261 @ AA Co line in North Beach, #7,#8 & #9--Jewell Road, Sansbury Road, & Boyds Turn Road.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Larger cities are potential targets, there's nothing of benefit down here to agitators.
They can agitate all they want, this is not the type of place they want to show up and start stuff.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes To many people who prefer law and order, respect the country and will not take kindly to people coming in to agitate.
Not to mention being armed, but a lot of heavy equipment that could be used to drop buses and other vehicles into the river or bay.
They would be walking, if not running home

Hessian

Watch for Black Prius' with extra trash can lids in the back... and lock up the spray paint cans at Sneades & True Value.