Vrai, I have a professional question

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ok, back to Pixie is going may ruin her hair tonight and have to shave herself bald tomorrow ruining the family picture but delighting nomoney. Vrai, take a look please.

I'm not sure that "corrective" action is what I would call it since there's really nothing wrong with my color now other then it's growing out so I want to darken it up and hide my roots. But I don't want to botch the color either. Since it's a dark ashy blonde on the color wheel it would fall into the green/yellow area? Which means when I pick out a brown tonight to get one red to violet base?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
pixiegirl said:
I'll goggle color correction for poops and giggles and see what comes up.

goggles.jpg

CMC122

Go Braves!
You should have absolutely no problem changing the color yourself. Just like Vrai said though, some of your highlights may show thru a little but I think you might actually like the way it looks.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
CMC122 said:
You should have absolutely no problem changing the color yourself. Just like Vrai said though, some of your highlights may show thru a little but I think you might actually like the way it looks.

:huggy: :flowers: You're so sweet and supportive in my time of need. Unlike some people.

CMC122

Go Braves!
pixiegirl said:
:huggy: :flowers: You're so sweet and supportive in my time of need. Unlike some people.
I've redone my own hair quite a few times do to lack of time in making it to the salon. Hell, I even use OTC hair color to "go back to my color"!

There's a new line out called Color Match or something like that and I used it about a month ago and have absolutely no roots! ( Except for the grays) I love this new line, it has 3 choices of each color. Warm, neutral or cool. I went with neutral cause I've already got TONS of red in my hair naturally and have been overly pleased with the results!

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
I have a doctors note thank you very much. :razz:

Vrai doesn't like people who pick on typos by the way. double :razz:
They don't call it Stupamax or Dopomax for nuttin', honey! :yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
CMC122 said:
I've redone my own hair quite a few times do to lack of time in making it to the salon. Hell, I even use OTC hair color to "go back to my color"!

There's a new line out called Color Match or something like that and I used it about a month ago and have absolutely no roots! ( Except for the grays) I love this new line, it has 3 choices of each color. Warm, neutral or cool. I went with neutral cause I've already got TONS of red in my hair naturally and have been overly pleased with the results!
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/haircolor/products/naturalmatch/index.asp

here it is.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
virgovictoria said:
They don't call it Stupamax or Dopomax for nuttin', honey! :yay:

I have a very nice and understanding boss who said he was going to come in on his CWS day (the day I up my dose for the last time) just so he could see me "space out." :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
I'm not sure that "corrective" action is what I would call it since there's really nothing wrong with my color now other then it's growing out so I want to darken it up and hide my roots. But I don't want to botch the color either. Since it's a dark ashy blonde on the color wheel it would fall into the green/yellow area? Which means when I pick out a brown tonight to get one red to violet base?
Let me make sure I understand:

You have the top layer an ash blonde, and beneath is your natural color, right?

What you WANT is for it to all be close to your natural color so you don't have to fiddle with root touch-ups.

The blonde layer was done with...what? Bleach and toner or all-in-one product?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
I have a very nice and understanding boss who said he was going to come in on his CWS day (the day I up my dose for the last time) just so he could see me "space out." :lmao:
:killingme

:huggy: x 2 for you!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Let me make sure I understand:

You have the top layer an ash blonde, and beneath is your natural color, right?

What you WANT is for it to all be close to your natural color so you don't have to fiddle with root touch-ups.

The blonde layer was done with...what? Bleach and toner or all-in-one product?

No no no... The top layer is ash blonde, yes. Underneath is my natural color yes. At this time I'm not looking for it to be too close to my natural color. I just want the roots that are showing right now gone. Blonde was a bad color because since my hair is so dark the roots are bad! Come fall I'll go more natural. Right now I'll go medium brown for summer. Easy to maintain and it'll get rid of my immediate root problem.

Forgive me if I'm not making sense. If you haven't seen it elsewhere; I'm medicated for my headaches and it makes me slightly retarded. :yay: So if I'm garbled and off in left field sorry. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Two questions:

What did they use to make the blonde blonde?

[Edit: forget the second question - you're probably going to want to go with a neutral tone for summer]

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Two questions:

What did they use to make the blonde blonde?

[Edit: forget the second question - you're probably going to want to go with a neutral tone for summer]

She bleached it and then glazed it. The glaze she used was ick. Too red. I went to Sally's one week out and got a dark ash blonde toner (color?) with 20 developer, 25 minutes and put that on it and got a much better color.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My hairdresser has the blonde/brunette thing going with her hair and it's the cutest. The chick at the tanning place has a cool 'do, also. It's the two-toned thing, but she has a few brunette streaks on top.

Chasey_Lane said:
My hairdresser has the blonde/brunette thing going with her hair and it's the cutest. The chick at the tanning place has a cool 'do, also. It's the two-toned thing, but she has a few brunette streaks on top.
How can it be "cutest" and "cool" when they do it, but "outdated" when it comes to Pixie...:smack:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
She bleached it and then glazed it. The glaze she used was ick. Too red. I went to Sally's one week out and got a dark ash blonde toner (color?) with 20 developer, 25 minutes and put that on it and got a much better color.
Okay, try a temporary color to start and see how it turns out. Stay in the neutral tones so you don't go red or green. If the color works, go ahead and do a permanent, but I like a temporary because it fades and you'll never get roots. Plus it's not as hard on your hair.

That is my final answer! :lol:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Pix, I colored my hair myself over highlights and the highlighted parts turned almost black, even though I chose a color a couple shades lighter than my natural color and didn't leave it on as long as the directions said. I looked like Morticia. :yikes: My hair chickie said the bleached parts suck the color up faster...or something.

She also made me promise not to ever color it on my own again and fixed it for free. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
How can it be "cutest" and "cool" when they do it, but "outdated" when it comes to Pixie...:smack:
Who said it was outdated? :confused: Granted, Nicole Ritchie set the tone during the first episode of the Simple Life. :lol: