Vrai, I have a professional question

Chasey_Lane said:
Who said it was outdated? :confused: Granted, Nicole Ritchie set the tone during the first episode of the Simple Life. :lol:
Oops... I just went back and re-read that thread and that statement came from unsigned red karma not you...:lol: I owe you an apology...:flowers:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
Pix, I colored my hair myself over highlights and the highlighted parts turned almost black, even though I chose a color a couple shades lighter than my natural color and didn't leave it on as long as the directions said. I looked like Morticia. :yikes: My hair chickie said the bleached parts suck the color up faster...or something.

She also made me promise not to ever color it on my own again and fixed it for free. :lol:
Lord, I hope she reads this before she leaves! :huggy:

Pandora

vraiblonde said:
Highly frosted hair goes green when you put a brown on it. Learned that one the hard way. :lol:

Me too, lucky for me I did it a few days before Halloween; everyone thought it was my intent.

My mother was a cosmetologist/beautician. She went to school in Pittsburgh and worked there for awhile after finishing. With her assistance, we colored my hair just about everything in the book. Of course, I dyed my hair green all by myself.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ok ladies, call it dumb luck, maybe I have the touch (I can cut hair and often cut my ma's and always cut the boys :diva:) whatever it was the hair gods were with me yesterday. I was especially happy at the number of choices I had; though it did take me a while to pick what color I wanted. I kept flip flopping between a level 4 chocolate and a level 5 mocha. They both had a red/violet combo base that I needed. While I really wanted the level 4 I decided to go with the level 5 to be safe. It was permanent. 20 developer, 25 minutes on the nugget and the color is really nice!

It's a good deal lighter then my natural color but when it's my natural color everyone screams I look like death warmed over. :ohwell: I was temped to hit my eyebrows with it so they'd match but resisted so they're still damn near black. The top is I'd say a shade or two lighter then the bottom but not even a level's worth of difference. If that makes sense.

I put an ION protien treatment on for about 10 minutes afterwards and my hair is soft and not damaged at all. Thank all you ladies for your assistance and inputs. :kiss:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Awesome, Pix! :clap:

I love Sally's for hair color now. So many more choices than at the drugstore. And I love the ION protein treatment. I just got a perm and the bia left it on for (ready?) 20 friggin' minutes, so I am WAY overprocessed. But the ION calmed it down nicely so it looks good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Chasey_Lane said:
How long are you supposed to leave the solution on for?
My hair is color treated and very porous to begin with. I've never had perm solution on my head for more than 12 minutes.

Different hair takes perm solution differently. That's why you're supposed to check it every few minutes and not leave your patron sit while you do someone else's highlights or cut someone else's hair.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Awesome, Pix! :clap:

I love Sally's for hair color now. So many more choices than at the drugstore. And I love the ION protein treatment. I just got a perm and the bia left it on for (ready?) 20 friggin' minutes, so I am WAY overprocessed. But the ION calmed it down nicely so it looks good.

I was too skeered to do drug store color. But I go to the salon and have a choice of a handful of colors in the range I wanted and would pay $80 easy for a color and conditioning treatment. I had tons of selection and paid under $10 with results that I'm just as happy with if not moreso.