W.t.h.

4d2008

has he been affectionate with u when im not around? maybe its just me. i wont be around when u move to your new place so maybe itll go back the way it was before.
yesterday him and I were going at it. he would yell, Id yell back, he would do his little growl, Id growl back. Id try to get him off his cage, he'd fly away. We now have a :cds:relationship... But he still loves to take showers in the AM.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
His gf didn't pass away...his ex gf did! while u were gone, he and kvj came up with a plan to kill his gf so they could be together. Oh and before I forget...you may want to stop eating her cooking. She's slowly poisoning you too because that is why your twitching eye went away and now you have the clogged ear...:frown:

:fixed:

:lmao:

kvj21075

Meow
Does he also try to bite you? I'd start disciplining him, or he's going to get spoiled. :lol: He is in mouring, but that doesn't mean he gets to act like a jerk. :shrug:

he use to bite me when i first met him, but he doesnt bite me anymore, just tells me how much he loves me, kisses me, and wont get the eff of my shoulder!!!

His gf didn't pass away...his ex gf did! while u were gone, he and kvj came up with a plan to kill his gf so they could be together. Oh and before I forget...you may want to stop eating her cooking. She's slowly poisoning you too...:frown:

shut up!!! and u do have a big mouth i havent yelled at you yet for telling :gossip: about :gossip: :smack:

yesterday him and I were going at it. he would yell, Id yell back, he would do his little growl, Id growl back. Id try to get him off his cage, he'd fly away. We now have a :cds:relationship... But he still loves to take showers in the AM.

who doesnt like to see u naked :shrug:

Beta84

They're out to get us
he use to bite me when i first met him, but he doesnt bite me anymore, just tells me how much he loves me, kisses me, and wont get the eff of my shoulder!!!

shut up!!! and u do have a big mouth i havent yelled at you yet for telling :gossip: about :gossip: :smack:

who doesnt like to see u naked :shrug:

:confused: If it's what I'm thinking, I only repeated something you said in front of him...

and i know a drunk midnight likes seeing him naked :mad: :roflmao:

D

dems4me

Ok, So I had 2 Quaker Parrots. 1 Recently passed away :(

With that, My other bird has become a HUGE pain in the arse. (not that it wasnt before lol)...

Korky (birds name), is a little tird, very demanding, huge attitude (but funny), and can be extremely affectionate.

When Im alone we kinda get along but he has become a little more aggresive and has fallen completely in love with my Girl Friend. If she is in the house and he is on her I need to just stay away. :cds:

He loves to give kisses and get kisses, the other day he was on her shoulder I leaned in to kiss him and the SOB bit a hole in my lip then laughed!!!!

I cant touch him or really her if they are together. Before I have Parrot for dinner is there something I can do to change things around or has he chosen his life mate and Im basically screwed :ohwell:

I have nothing constructive to offer but I am sorry for the loss of your pet :flowers:

Cowgirl

Hmm, well, I think it would help if you disciplined him when he acts that way too. He needs to know from both of you that he can't act that way. Good luck. :lol:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Truth be told if you are willing to put in the effort and time (and take the bites) he could be your friend again too. This could result in him being a shared bird between the two of you or only your pal - depending on how much effort you both put into the relationship. If your Quaker bites and you pull back or walk away, he has now won that battle and you are now even more controllable (in his eyes). Prepare yourself for the bite (certain parts of your hand are better suited for handling the bite), know when he bites you you can't pull away and instead you will push into the bite. This gives your bird the opposite result he intended and at first he may work really hard to make that bite count (my Greys push my skin like it's just wax... really gross and my Amazon grinds the skin, the shock is worse then the bite) with time he'll fight less because he's not getting the result he expected. After doing this a few times he'll realize you're not going to stop for his show (or bite), make him step up. Once he's up make him switch hands, keep him moving, he may fight but just keep working at it. Quakers are very territorial over their cages and people, expect that but don't except that - with a lot of sweat and blood (hahaha) you can help him become a shared bird. He may work great on your hand but revert back to his old ways around your GF or his cage, just keep at it. My husband is not interested in dealing with animals that bite and to him it's just not worth the effort (Kya is his pal, but he doesn't ask much of her) but if you both want to share your Quaker it will take a lot of consistency and possibly some time - just keep at it :)

Last edited:

kvj21075

Meow
is it bad that i laugh inside when Korky bites him??? and what if he goes back to loving
4D and hating me? He can get to be annoying but i like him better when he likes me :D I say give it time!