Wal Mart in California MD

C

czygvtwkr

Its funny, Ive seen super walmarts go up in 2-3 months. Back last October/November I thought there is no way they will be done by Christmas....is there? They may be done for this Christmas LOL.

Its generally common practice for Walmart to abandon the old store to build a new one and someone like Lowes or Home Depot to take over their old store.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

czygvtwkr said:
Its funny, Ive seen super walmarts go up in 2-3 months. Back last October/November I thought there is no way they will be done by Christmas....is there? They may be done for this Christmas LOL.

Its generally common practice for Walmart to abandon the old store to build a new one and someone like Lowes or Home Depot to take over their old store.

HA, cuz they've got all of the old building supplies laying around and can be sold :lmao:

C

czygvtwkr

Sheardelight said:
overheard someone ask an associate yesterday when all would be done...SPRING!!! :tantrum

They told me Oct 31 is their grand opening when I asked a month ago.

CrashTest

czygvtwkr said:
Its funny, Ive seen super walmarts go up in 2-3 months. QUOTE]

Ditto here.

In the early 90’s I was living in Petersburg, Va. The Walmart there was leveled by a rare tornado. They had a brand new one up in 6 months.

The slow pace must be an SoMd. thing. Hell, it took 7 years to widen Rt.235.

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
czygvtwkr said:

In texas they can get a super walmart up in 2 months. It's crazy how long it's taking them here! Last month I asked when they would be done the girl told me early to mid october. I asked last weekend and she said they are now saying end of october to begining of November. :jameo: I don't think any of them no when!!

dn0121

TexasSunflower said:
In texas they can get a super walmart up in 2 months. It's crazy how long it's taking them here! Last month I asked when they would be done the girl told me early to mid october. I asked last weekend and she said they are now saying end of october to begining of November. :jameo: I don't think any of them no when!!

Oh how I miss living in Texas.

Last edited:
W

Warrant Guru

smdgrl05 said:
I am NOT sure.. I hate going to Wal-mart. I love Target. I have been going to Target rather than Wal-mart for quite some time now.

I agree with you. I hate Wal-Mart too. I love Target. The only reason why I ever went to Wal-Mart was to buy oil filters for the cars/truck and now I just buy them at Trak Auto or some place like that. Wal-Mart tended to sell the crappiest brand of filters anyways.

beamher

:jameo: they're still moving things around; went last night--had towels, washclothes and bathroom accessories in the front of the store(recently they were way over in the back of the new add-on section). i wonder if this is the new sales pitch.

can i just come in the store for the 1 or 2 things i'm looking for, hoping they're where they were last week, without having to go on a treasure hunt?? :jameo:

basher

LEET
dave1959 said:
Wal-Mart SUCKS

K-MART IS WORST! When are they gonna give up and close? If they would just shut down that whole shopping center and open up a mall instead. There's already a lot of parking spaces.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
czygvtwkr said:

It takes less time to build from scratch then to work around customers, employees and merchandise. I know that the hard way from a store I worked in that was remodeled and it was only 5000 sq ft. It took months.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
beamher said:
:jameo: they're still moving things around; went last night--had towels, washclothes and bathroom accessories in the front of the store(recently they were way over in the back of the new add-on section). i wonder if this is the new sales pitch.

can i just come in the store for the 1 or 2 things i'm looking for, hoping they're where they were last week, without having to go on a treasure hunt?? :jameo:
:yeahthat: I was in there looking for tap shoes for my daughter. Everyone told me that Walmart had them. Looked all over, couldn't find them. I later called and asked. The person answering the phone said they'd had them before the construction, but when they got someone from the shoe department on the phone she said they didn't have them anymore. WTF are they adding onto the store for if they are going to stop carrying things?