Walmart Nightmare

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I wonder what they would do if we ran from the midget and the girl in the wheelchair? Fricken St. Mary's Today would have some horrid headline to embarrass us to death. :jameo:

That whole process of checking over your receipt sort of bugs me and it didn't keep me from going through many months of humiliation.

For many months, each and every time I went to the Wal Mart in La Plata I'd trip the alarm, and often, I'd trip the alarm in other stores too. Security would come over, check over my receipt and wave me along every time. Well, one time I was in Wal Mart and set the damn thing off and kinda got a bit pissy about it and was quickly moved to the security office. (I mean come on folks this shiat is humiliating and you feel like a criminal) They used some wand and found out they didn't deactivate a fricken sensor in a jacket I had purchase there many months before and I had my receipt highlighted saying I was good. :shrug:

You can look at my receipt all you want. My issue was that they wanted me to cross from the exit side to the entrance side where the greeter sat comfortably on her tush tush ( so hoping she was not handicapped) to check my receipt which BTW blocks people entering the store. Then cross back over to leave. My beef is have a greeter on the left and a receipt checker on the right.

Pandora

You can look at my receipt all you want. My issue was that they wanted me to cross from the exit side to the entrance side where the greeter sat comfortably on her tush tush ( so hoping she was not handicapped) to check my receipt which BTW blocks people entering the store. Then cross back over to leave. My beef is have a greeter on the left and a receipt checker on the right.

Yep, you are right, she sits over against the wall (I must only come when the wheelchair lady is working) and the whole process seems like a huge hassle. It is unlike any other Wal Mart I've been into.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
They are not allowed to stop you. Even if the alarm goes off.

I KNEW you were a Walmart Greeter. I just knew it! Actually, I agree with you for a change. If you are uncomfortable when the alarm goes off as you are exiting, keep walking. They may yell at you but they will not physically stop you. After all, they didn't see you steal anything. Considering 99% of the time, it's a false alarm, do you really think they are going to detain you. Too many lawyers around for that.

The K-Mart in Edgewater used to have a security guard who tried to check all the receipts before you left the store. I refused to go through that rediculous checkpoint and always walked around him. I also wrote 2 letters to the store to let them know how stupid that was. They don't do that anymore, thank goodness.

BTW, Geek. If you wanna stop me and strip search me, I won't resist.

Last edited:

Callie girl

You know you guys are so hard on the handicapped people at least they are out there working to support themselves unlike some of the people that nothing is wrong with and sit back and collect unemployment. If you are in such a big hurry don't go. I give her credit she is very friendly every time I have been in there. What if that was your child or relative would you be so quick to say things like that. And the "midget" is also a nice person.

K

Kain99

You know you guys are so hard on the handicapped people at least they are out there working to support themselves unlike some of the people that nothing is wrong with and sit back and collect unemployment. If you are in such a big hurry don't go. I give her credit she is very friendly every time I have been in there. What if that was your child or relative would you be so quick to say things like that. And the "midget" is also a nice person.

I really like you! :love:

Pandora

The wheelchair lady is VERY nice that isn't the purpose of my grip. It is the hassle and feeling in the way that bothers me. (I've never met the midget).

And just FYI, my sister was born and died handicapped so I wasn't making fun of anyone.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

Look I don't mind stopping don't get me wrong, but 1. Now I go in the old exit and get cart, pass greeter, dodge exiter's etc. 2. If you wamt to check to make sure I have not stolen anything between the register and the door by all means have at it but be near the EXIT!!! not the entrance.

Callie girl

The wheelchair lady is VERY nice that isn't the purpose of my grip. It is the hassle and feeling in the way that bothers me. (I've never met the midget).

And just FYI, my sister was born and died handicapped so I wasn't making fun of anyone.

They have to do that unfortuantly because of all the shoplifters in the area.
Sorry about your sister :huggy: but really they are just doing their job. When I am in a hurry I definetly do not go to Walmart.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

When I go to BJ's I know one way in and we all go out and get receipt checked on the other side.

I can only imagine the scene at Walmart on Black Friday. :jameo:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I don't plan to leave my pajamas on Black Friday. :lmao:

I tried Black Friday at 5am in 1999. One look at the parking lot and the hoards of people lined up for miles made me go right on by. I sat in the Ames parking lot for an hour for them to open to buy a little tikes flinstonemobile for 5 bucks off. Never again since that day, I just go to work. :lmao:

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
I remember when an employee asked me to sign the petition to allow Wal-Mart to become a Super-Walmart a year or two ago. I refused and told them (nicely) that I had to wait fifteen minutes in line to purchase two items- how long would I have to wait if they went Super? They don't seem to be able to handle a large amount of customers and their employees always seem stressed out.

broncosrule

Who's there?
I remember when an employee asked me to sign the petition to allow Wal-Mart to become a Super-Walmart a year or two ago. I refused and told them (nicely) that I had to wait fifteen minutes in line to purchase two items- how long would I have to wait if they went Super? They don't seem to be able to handle a large amount of customers and their employees always seem stressed out.

That is not just a Wal-Mart problem, have you been to the rest of the establishments in St. Mary's. Not alot of people really want to work anymore. IMO once they get enough people hired it will be better and you can always go late night now, used to live in another state and always went to the Super Wal-Mart after midnight, no lines and you see the funniest things.......

chillie0413

If it was not for us cashiers how would you get checked out ????????????????????????????? I think some of the customers need to be more nice and friendly to ALL WAl-MART cashiers.All our prices are very good prices