Walmart Nightmare

I haven't been to Wally World since before all the construction crap, and reading this thread gives me no urge to get back there to check it out any time soon, I'll go to Target any time........

T

The Showstopper

unfortunately i have to merchandise at that store at least 2 times a week, more depending on how they have our schedules set up.... you think its a night mare getting through the aisle and parking lots? try having to pull your stuff from the back and putting it up when you have a store who employs a bunch of incompetent jackasses

johnjrval424

I just visited the WalMart in PF this past Saturday. I stood in line and listened to three different cashiers talk about "I ain't workin' Black Friday." "I already told Yvonne that I ain't workin, either. I gots plans and I ain't changin' them for nobody. They crazy if they think I'm workin' Black Friday."

In this day of job layoffs and foreclosures, I felt like slapping them and saying, "be grateful for the opportunity." :whistle:

A

amotley

i dont know anyone by that name (Yvonne) there i will have to check that out, let her know that her cashiers are talking crap lol. you know i feel the same way, it might not be a the best job but its a pay check if you dont want it move on so someone that does can have it!!

C

czygvtwkr

Don't know why so many people here come out of the Wal-Plex with all these bad stories. I guess I must be going there at all the right times. The only thing I found odd is that they have the entry/exit directions backwards at the doors located next to the hair place. If the store was in England, they'd be right on.

I have been in there a few times in the past 2-3 weeks and haven't had to wait in line very long at all. Its actually faster than Shoppers Food Warehouse to get checked out. Some people are just being snobs.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I have been in there a few times in the past 2-3 weeks and haven't had to wait in line very long at all. Its actually faster than Shoppers Food Warehouse to get checked out. Some people are just being snobs.
Just get BuddyLee to check you out at the service desk :yay:

tiltedangel

i wouldn't work black friday either if i were still in retail...that is the worst day of the year other than christmas eve! omg people are soo mean! i worked retail for years and decided after years of black friday and holidays to get out of it completely...i actually had a woman come over the counter at me because we did not have a certain camera in stock at 5pm christmas eve! need hazard pay those days.

papermate

What I like about Wal-Mart is how they have the same or similar items in different departments with different prices. I realize they are a department store; however it is like the departments are their own business units. :coffee:

I’m sure they’ve done extensive studies about where different people will look for different items in order to guide people to the more expensive items. :whistle:

For example someone looking in the hobby section might not realize that similar items exist in the crafts section at better prices. :lmao:

I saw something in the hunting section the other day that I know exits in the hardware section so I investigated. Sure enough the item in the hunting section was twice the price of the same item (with different packaging) in the hardware section. The camping, automotive, boating and electronics sections are similar. Some of the same items exist in all of the departments are different prices. (Similar as in nearly identical item in different package or with a different brand). :popcorn:

I also like the rollback or marked down isle (whatever they call it), you know where people are pushing and shoving to rummage through bins where they have $19.95 items marked down to like $19.49. They might as well put a red sticker on things and mark the prices up for the huge discounts they are a joke sometimes. (Especially for damaged, opened or incomplete items):whistle:

Lowes is just as bad, I saw a fridge in there that was all dented up, the door was half ripped off and had an inch of dust on it and it was only marked like $50 off. :killingme

lovinmaryland

I just visited the WalMart in PF this past Saturday. I stood in line and listened to three different cashiers talk about "I ain't workin' Black Friday." "I already told Yvonne that I ain't workin, either. I gots plans and I ain't changin' them for nobody. They crazy if they think I'm workin' Black Friday."

In this day of job layoffs and foreclosures, I felt like slapping them and saying, "be grateful for the opportunity." :whistle:

I think at most companies (including Wal-Mart) it is mandatory that they work Black Friday. My sister-in-law worked at Wal-Mart for 8 years and had to work every black friday :shrug:

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
When you're in retail, it's pretty much expected that you have to work on Black Friday.

Black Friday isn't a pretty day. Over eager shoppers out to save a few dollars. My mother and I went out and got a Nintendo 64 on Black Friday for my brother the year that they came out. We stood in line and when the doors opened, people literally started running.

We ended up with a Nintendo 64 ....
I can't tell you how many fights we saw break out .... People were literally beating each other up in the isles of Walmart.

Gotta love it.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
When you're in retail, it's pretty much expected that you have to work on Black Friday.

Black Friday isn't a pretty day. Over eager shoppers out to save a few dollars. My mother and I went out and got a Nintendo 64 on Black Friday for my brother the year that they came out. We stood in line and when the doors opened, people literally started running.

We ended up with a Nintendo 64 ....
I can't tell you how many fights we saw break out .... People were literally beating each other up in the isles of Walmart.

Gotta love it.

:lol: they usually just all block the aisles while screaming loudly and beating their kids on any other day. I hate this Walmart with a passion and some but not all of the Walmartians, as I call them.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I recently moved to PG County.

There's a Walmart in Laurel and one at Arundal Mills. Both are better than the Waldorf Walmart. Waldorf Walmart = HORRIBLE!

C

czygvtwkr

Just came from the walmart in california and for the record every odd numbered register was open. I had to wait on one person to be checked out before me and they only had a handful of items.

On a side note has anyone noticed that the lights in the frozen food freezers are off until someone walks down the isle? Thats pretty cool!

RadioCtrlDWife

What I like about Wal-Mart is how they have the same or similar items in different departments with different prices. I realize they are a department store; however it is like the departments are their own business units. :coffee:

I’m sure they’ve done extensive studies about where different people will look for different items in order to guide people to the more expensive items. :whistle:

For example someone looking in the hobby section might not realize that similar items exist in the crafts section at better prices. :lmao:

I saw something in the hunting section the other day that I know exits in the hardware section so I investigated. Sure enough the item in the hunting section was twice the price of the same item (with different packaging) in the hardware section. The camping, automotive, boating and electronics sections are similar. Some of the same items exist in all of the departments are different prices. (Similar as in nearly identical item in different package or with a different brand). :popcorn:

I also like the rollback or marked down isle (whatever they call it), you know where people are pushing and shoving to rummage through bins where they have $19.95 items marked down to like $19.49. They might as well put a red sticker on things and mark the prices up for the huge discounts they are a joke sometimes. (Especially for damaged, opened or incomplete items):whistle:

Lowes is just as bad, I saw a fridge in there that was all dented up, the door was half ripped off and had an inch of dust on it and it was only marked like $50 off. :killingme
The best example of this is duct tape at Home Depot. It is sold packaged with maybe 10 yards on a roll in a package in the 'adhesives" isle for a few cents less than the unpackaged 50 yard rolls, loose and sticky, in the contractor areas.
Bill Signal Bars R Us

belvak

Happy Camper
Just came from the walmart in california and for the record every odd numbered register was open. I had to wait on one person to be checked out before me and they only had a handful of items.

On a side note has anyone noticed that the lights in the frozen food freezers are off until someone walks down the isle? Thats pretty cool!

Hubby's favorite game -- Make the lights come on in the freezer aisle!! :lmao: