Warning! They are coming for your spork!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not an issue for me. I detest plasticware. Not because it's anti-green, but because I really dislike cheap, flimsy, break-off-in-your-food crap. I always tell the counter person to keep those, and straws too. Never use straws.

SamSpade

Not an issue for me. I detest plasticware. Not because it's anti-green, but because I really dislike cheap, flimsy, break-off-in-your-food crap. I always tell the counter person to keep those, and straws too. Never use straws.
I hear ya. But we rely on it a lot BUT - only when we have guests and the fare is either finger food or stuff that plastic forks aren't going to have a problem with - baked beans, chili, meatballs, that sort of thing. I would never put them out unless I was comfortable using them on the food being served.

Or we go on trips as a family and plan to make meals.

We never buy the flimsy plates and bowls - too many clumsy kids.

Clem72

The old beige taco bell sporks from the 80s/90s were practically indestructible. I think they may have been some form of bakelite.

luvmygdaughters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The old beige taco bell sporks from the 80s/90s were practically indestructible. I think they may have been some form of bakelite.

Those were great :yay:

So what happens when you go to Wendy's for a chili? Will they be giving out real spoons? Do you have to purchase it or will someone stand over you while you eat to make sure you don't steal it or throw it away? Will there be a Spoon Police?

PeoplesElbow

Those were great :yay:

So what happens when you go to Wendy's for a chili? Will they be giving out real spoons? Do you have to purchase it or will someone stand over you while you eat to make sure you don't steal it or throw it away? Will there be a Spoon Police?
I have a collection of silverware from Shoneys and Eat n Park.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I also got a Noah’s Arc with all the animals. But that might have been from the ARCO gas station. Along with the cartoon glasses. I still have a couple of those.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My parents bought me my first camera from an A&P. Cheap plastic thing, but I ran thousands of rolls thru it and still have all of those memories.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I also got a Noah’s Arc with all the animals. But that might have been from the ARCO gas station. Along with the cartoon glasses. I still have a couple of those.
I've still got an Esso coffee mug from the 60s or so.

anchor-hocking-fire-king-mug-esso-tiger-pattern-3375-tall-6-700.jpg