Was I better off without it

rio

Yep. But when I've been sick in the past I've lost my smell and taste as well.
Not asking to be a smart a$$, but was it as complete a loss with the flu as with covid? I ask because my aunt and daughter both said this was way different. Like TOTAL loss and they weren't even stuffy or congested.

Not asking to be a smart a$$, but was it as complete a loss with the flu as with covid? I ask because my aunt and daughter both said this was way different. Like TOTAL loss and they weren't even stuffy or congested.
It was total loss for us. Not the typical blah smell/taste but rather zero senses.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The taste/smell thing seems to be a common aid effect that lingers. My daughter had the covid in March and the taste & smell is still not 100%. My 80 year old aunt had it in December and hers is still jacked up.
My case of Rona was in March also, and my taste and smell is completely back to normal. I think it was normal in a couple of weeks, really. :yay:

Reactions: rio

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It was total loss for us. Not the typical blah smell/taste but rather zero senses.
I think mine was also a total loss, but it was only for a few days - I think I documented it here in one of the posts I made. It might have been about a week for 100% loss and then the rest of the time I was either losing it or regaining it. It wasn't that long altogether, as I recall.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It's not remarkably different from other flu bouts. I think it is because I'm going through it right now, but once it's in my rearview I'll be like, "Well that wasn't so bad...."

I remember one flu I had about 10 years ago where I had a neighbor come over and take care of Apollo because I couldn't function. Everything hurt and I remember laying in bed crying and feeling sorry for myself. This isn't as bad as that.

Reactions: rio

Clem72

Same, complete and total loss of smell. Couldn't smell vinegar held under my nose. Been 8-9 months and im still only at maybe 25-30%.