Wash @ Miami

Otter

Nothing to see here
And, on that note, wow....Harbaugh..he's something isn't he?

Harbaugh walked into a perfect situation in San Fran, alot of people picked them to get to the playoffs LAST year under Singletary. They were a coming team.

The only good thing about Shanahan is that Snyder is keeping his mitts off the team. Any other coach/GM wouldn't have the arrogance of Shanny to keep Snyder in his place. The skins are a long long way from being a good team, it will be years before they recover from the Snyder/Cerrato regime.

Pete

Repete
Harbaugh walked into a perfect situation in San Fran, alot of people picked them to get to the playoffs LAST year under Singletary. They were a coming team.

The only good thing about Shanahan is that Snyder is keeping his mitts off the team. Any other coach/GM wouldn't have the arrogance of Shanny to keep Snyder in his place. The skins are a long long way from being a good team, it will be years before they recover from the Snyder/Cerrato regime.

I think this very second Snyder is figuring out how to trade for the top pick so he can get Andrew Luck.

PsyOps

Pixelated

How can you be sure of this? How do you explain the musical chairs with QB? It has all the signs of Snottie meddling.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Yeah, but, he is still getting them to step up. It wasn't 'perfect' for Mike.

:shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
Yeah, but, he is still getting them to step up. It wasn't 'perfect' for Mike.

:shrug:

I agree, that team isn't that different this year..Harbaugh has gotten results, Alex Smith was for all intents and purposes a failure in the eyes of everyone last year..they were going to give up on him and start over. Harbaugh has him looking what I would call "Eli Manning" efficient. It isn't always pretty...but you can't argue with the results.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Strange way to pick your starting QB. Is Shanahan flipping the coin or Snyder?

It's definitely NOT Snyder. Rex is Kyle's guy and Beck is Mike's guy and every week they have a pissing contest to see who will start. It's obvious now that Kyle's prostate is in better shape.

Shanahan is prick enough to say, "Mr. Snyder is the owner and what he says goes."

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Larry - Our secondary is horrendous right now and I don't think that much of the personnel falls into Haz's lap.

Landry
Doughty :yay:
Hall
Westbrook
Barnes(?)

Landry is not playing up to his pre injury 2010 level. Doughty has always struggled in pass coverage (so does LL) D. Hall couldn't cover me on his best day, Westbrook is a special teamer at best and Barnes has yet to catch up to the speed at this level.

Our corners do not play press coverage ever and most big pass plays are on Mr. Mouth's side of the field. (Slant and go, 23 on 1).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry - Our secondary is horrendous right now and I don't think that much of the personnel falls into Haz's lap.

Landry
Doughty :yay:
Hall
Westbrook
Barnes(?)

Landry is not playing up to his pre injury 2010 level. Doughty has always struggled in pass coverage (so does LL) D. Hall couldn't cover me on his best day, Westbrook is a special teamer at best and Barnes has yet to catch up to the speed at this level.

Our corners do not play press coverage ever and most big pass plays are on Mr. Mouth's side of the field. (Slant and go, 23 on 1).

Granted. However, teams, no team, can have 11 all pro's on either side of the ball and our secondary, frankly, has two well above average talents and at least competent guys throughout. The thing is, better teams have better 'primaries' if you will, the front 7. That makes the secondary better and that hasn't worked for us.

The Giants, when they beat the Pats in the SB, had a very, very average secondary. They just happened to have one of the best front fours around which made their decent LB's better which made the secondary better and they shut down one of the greatest offenses of all time.

Our secondary should be better because our front 7 should be better.

And they ain't.

:buddies: