Washington v. Philly showdown!

Baz

This. ------------------>
NHL and ESPN need to remarry because this Versus relationship sucks for hockey fans.

Actually, for the hockey fan that gets Versus, it's a much better situation than if ESPN had the rights. Hockey was always a low priority for ESPN during the regular season. With football, baseball, basketball, bowling, poker, badmitton, closet cleaning, and everything else they broadcast, hockey doesn't get much play.

While everyone has their opinions on the quality of the VS. broadcasts, at least Versus makes the NHL their top priority. At ESPN, it was pretty much an afterthought.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Actually, for the hockey fan that gets Versus, it's a much better situation than if ESPN had the rights. Hockey was always a low priority for ESPN during the regular season. With football, baseball, basketball, bowling, poker, badmitton, closet cleaning, and everything else they broadcast, hockey doesn't get much play.

While everyone has their opinions on the quality of the VS. broadcasts, at least Versus makes the NHL their top priority. At ESPN, it was pretty much an afterthought.

I think their broadcasts are higher quality than ANYTHING on ESPN. No matter what the sport, ESPN's broadcasts are about ESPN and what ESPN has coming on. I thought it was just their NASCAR coverage that sucked, then I watched a Yankees-Red Sox game on there.

Versus actually puts forth the effort to have high quality coverage of sports events. Their IndyCar broadcasts are second to none. But it doesn't mean #### if you can't see it. And I ain't switching to cable.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Man, this game sounds tense.

So far the Caps have had 2 power plays and the Phliers 1. Both have nothing to show for it. Caps just got a 3rd power play.

Emery is making some superb saves.