Water

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I may be able to search within myself to know the answer, but would like opinions nonetheless...

Our friend water is recommended to be consumed in relatively large amounts by a lot of people's standards. I say that with the, out of we, a collective "we", don't seem to have a problem consuming mass amounts of other liquid ounces - of coffee, tea, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages...

With that said, I find that if I buy the flavored "calorie free, sodium free, carb free" bottled water from WalMart, SFW, Target, Giant and so on, I can drink 3 or 4 liters a day... (maybe bc they're carbonated)... And even though I have a filter on my tap, I don't seem to drink as much good old H2O... On top of all of that, I can't seem to purchase plain old bottled water, when I have a filter, unless it has a flavor to it...

I'm sure you'll tell me if it is just me... :kiss:

But,

a) Do you have difficulty trying to meet your dietary water needs?
b) What is your take on substituting the "calorie free, sodium free, carb free" carbonated water for filtered water or tap water?
c) Do you think that you're better off with the items in (b) v. plain ol' tap water that has not been filtered due to all of the junk in the city's system?

Food (water) for thought...

TIA

morganj614

virgovictoria said:
I may be able to search within myself to know the answer, but would like opinions nonetheless...

Our friend water is recommended to be consumed in relatively large amounts by a lot of people's standards. I say that with the, out of we, a collective "we", don't seem to have a problem consuming mass amounts of other liquid ounces - of coffee, tea, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages...

With that said, I find that if I buy the flavored "calorie free, sodium free, carb free" bottled water from WalMart, SFW, Target, Giant and so on, I can drink 3 or 4 liters a day... (maybe bc they're carbonated)... And even though I have a filter on my tap, I don't seem to drink as much good old H2O... On top of all of that, I can't seem to purchase plain old bottled water, when I have a filter, unless it has a flavor to it...

I'm sure you'll tell me if it is just me... :kiss:

But,

a) Do you have difficulty trying to meet your dietary water needs?
b) What is your take on substituting the "calorie free, sodium free, carb free" carbonated water for filtered water or tap water?
c) Do you think that you're better off with the items in (b) v. plain ol' tap water that has not been filtered due to all of the junk in the city's system?

Food (water) for thought...

TIA

I have great difficulty meeting the recommended water needs. I dislike water, especially ice cold. I find it easier to drink at night but then I am up all night running to the bathroom.
I can drink flavored water as long as it does not have carbonation. I make Kool-Aid with Splenda..cheap and easy.
I have a well with a filter and won't drink "city water". :kiss:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
I have great difficulty meeting the recommended water needs. I dislike water, especially ice cold. I find it easier to drink at night but then I am up all night running to the bathroom.
I can drink flavored water as long as it does not have carbonation. I make Kool-Aid with Splenda..cheap and easy.
I have a well with a filter and won't drink "city water". :kiss:

Makes me feel like a crackhead sometimes... :lmao: :lmao: Such an easy nice thing you can do for yourself and your body... your health and your mind... like washing your hands, it's a huge preventative of so many things, yet it is so difficult to discipline myself to follow through with...

Many moons ago, I used to run a doctor's office. Staff would arrive a few hours before the doc/patients. My routine would be to sit a gallon jug of H2O on my desk and FINISH it as soon as possible - definitely before he got in... It actually worked out well... I was the office manager and the bathroom was across the hall from my office - so as a patient went back, I would go across the hall... You get the picture... My skin and such never felt better...

Couldn't handle it these days... :sad:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I drink 2 of those flavored seltzer water bottles a day:yay: No sugar, no salt, no caffeine:yay: And if it's not that then it's some nice hot tea with a touch of honey:yum:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
CMC122 said:
I drink 2 of those flavored seltzer water bottles a day:yay: No sugar, no salt, no caffeine:yay: And if it's not that then it's some nice hot tea with a touch of honey:yum:

Me too, CMC... Do you think they are as good for us as good old H2O? That is what I am curious about... I started thinking last night that I am probably drinkin 60-90 of those a month! I want to make sure they're good for me - as good as water and definitely not bad, ya' know?

morganj614

virgovictoria said:
Me too, CMC... Do you think they are as good for us as good old H2O? That is what I am curious about... I started thinking last night that I am probably drinkin 60-90 of those a month! I want to make sure they're good for me - as good as water and definitely not bad, ya' know?

You are a carb water junkie!! That's alot but I think if you can handle the carbonation then it's better than nothing. What is the sweetener in them?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have a Propel water bottle that I fill up with water all day. I add one Crystal Light packet, then switch to plain water, then Crystal Light, then switch to water again. I do this all day and into the evening. It's not a huge water bottle (23.7 fl. oz) but I drink about 4-5 of them per day. IMO, I don't think it's enough and I would like to double my water intake. However, sometimes I just get bored of drinking water. :ohwell: It's definitely better than soft drinks, though! :yay:

CMC122

Go Braves!
virgovictoria said:
Yep I think they are just fine. It's really almost all water except for the carbonation and flavoring:yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
You are a carb water junkie!! That's alot but I think if you can handle the carbonation then it's better than nothing. What is the sweetener in them?

Most are Splenda, that I buy or Nutrasweet...

Vince

No flavored waters or any of the bottled stuff. Got a deep well and the water is great, but to tell the truth, I don't drink as much as I should. Drink alot of coffee. Tooo much, and as we all know coffee is a diarrhetic. Hence you dehydrate yourself. Used to drink 2 gal of water per day when I was stationed at the South Pole. Zero humidity so you had to keep hydrated. Even had to put eye drops in to keep your eyeballs moist or they'd start hurting.

H

HollowSoul

gatorade.....
cuz "water sux...it really really sux"
-quote taken from Waterboy-

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
I have city water and I don't like the chlorine taste. Also, there has been some research that suggests that the fluoride in city water increases that chances for Alzheimer’s. I lost two grandparents to it and sure don't want to go that way either. Therefore I try to drink more bottled water, milk, juice, or V8.