Wavy, frizzy, hair

lucky_bee

RBF expert

Bumble and Bumble! that's another one that's been recommended to me by my hair dresser. :yay: And the spray looks good too. Most sprays put a ton of alcohol in them and that'll just dry out your hair but this one looks good.

My hair is ultra baby-fine, wavy, and tends to frizz after the wash. The next day it's fine. I let my hair air-dry, which that's supposed to be good for the hair itself. The main thing that makes the frizz is combing it when it's wet. I shampoo my hair, gently towel dry, and then I put Dove's Style & Care hair mousse in it, and I style it with my fingers, and let it dry. I don't comb it until after it's dry, and that really reduces the frizz. Another thing I use is Coconut Oil. Put a small dallop in the palms of the hands, rub together, and smooth over the length of the hair. I avoid the scalp area because it can make it look greasy. I've noticed that there is some coconut oil now in some beauty sections of stores, but it is higher priced, when all you have to do is go to the baking section of the grocery store. It's the same thing. I get the cheapest, which is called LuAna 100 % pure coconut oil. 14 oz, which costs about $4.00. It's also good for dry skin. A little dab will do ya!

I've learned over time the handling of my hair when I first get out of the shower REALLY makes a difference in frizz too. They also always suggest you give it a fast rinse in cool water right before you step out, but I always forget, and who wants to do that after a hot shower in the winter :shrug:

I immediately pin it up soaking wet in a clip while I do everything else, then I just barely towel off my scalp and I'll squeeze out the excess with the towel...all of like 5 seconds total touching it with a towel or an old t-shirt. then I comb it with a super-wide toothed comb, put my product in and keep in clipped up until I get into bed. And if I ever wash my hair during the day, and I want it to look nice I try to resist as much as possible from touching it often while it dries.

MarieB

I use Moroccan oil curl cream. It's the only product that has ever worked for me. You can let it air dry (which is what I do) or you can use a dryer. It is never "crunchy"

I get it on Amazon from some place in Florida. Note, it's not cheap but you don't use much. It's lasts a long time

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I am envious of you ladies that can just scrunch and go. I have Shirley Temple curly hair. If I let it air dry, everyone would laugh. :frown:

JeJeTe

Happiness
I use Moroccan oil curl cream. It's the only product that has ever worked for me. You can let it air dry (which is what I do) or you can use a dryer. It is never "crunchy"

I get it on Amazon from some place in Florida. Note, it's not cheap but you don't use much. It's lasts a long time

What kind of hair do you have?

JeJeTe

Happiness
Bumble and Bumble! that's another one that's been recommended to me by my hair dresser. :yay: And the spray looks good too. Most sprays put a ton of alcohol in them and that'll just dry out your hair but this one looks good.

I've learned over time the handling of my hair when I first get out of the shower REALLY makes a difference in frizz too. They also always suggest you give it a fast rinse in cool water right before you step out, but I always forget, and who wants to do that after a hot shower in the winter :shrug:

I immediately pin it up soaking wet in a clip while I do everything else, then I just barely towel off my scalp and I'll squeeze out the excess with the towel...all of like 5 seconds total touching it with a towel or an old t-shirt. then I comb it with a super-wide toothed comb, put my product in and keep in clipped up until I get into bed. And if I ever wash my hair during the day, and I want it to look nice I try to resist as much as possible from touching it often while it dries.

They used the Bumble and Bumble No Dry stuff with Bumble and Bumble Sea Infusion spray in the video I watched. So I might give this a try. :smile:

Roman

I am envious of you ladies that can just scrunch and go. I have Shirley Temple curly hair. If I let it air dry, everyone would laugh. :frown:
Your hair sounds beautiful! My hair is just wavy, but the stylists call it naturally curly. Until I decided to semi-retire, I abused the heck out of my hair with blow-drying, or by using a curling iron. My hair is just past the mid back now, and I rarely use any thing to style it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Your hair sounds beautiful! My hair is just wavy, but the stylists call it naturally curly. Until I decided to semi-retire, I abused the heck out of my hair with blow-drying, or by using a curling iron. My hair is just past the mid back now, and I rarely use any thing to style it.

Beautiful??? Mops look better than my natural hair.

KDENISE977

Beautiful??? Mops look better than my natural hair.

Mine is worse.... I have really curly hair, but only in the back and it's NOT pretty curl, it's mop like curl...THEN on the sides of my head it's more like stringy straight horse tail hair. It's HORRIBLE !!

molly_21

While my hair looks like crap during the summer months (well all year). I have found that Beautiful Curls and Jessicurl products seem to make my hair look some what normal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I rarely bother blowing my hair straight in summer - the heat and humidity are just going to freak it out anyway. There's no real way to beat Mother Nature, you just have to go with it.

My hair is naturally straight as a board. I spend all of my time trying to wave it, scrunch it, curl it, etc. anything at all that I can do to not make it look straight.

MarieB

What kind of hair do you have?

Curly like spiral curly

I turned my friend onto the product too, and she has long, coarse, curly hair (Shirley temple like). She loves it too and it smells good.

It's too bad they don't send samples. I can't tell you how many products I tried that didn't work before finding this one.

MarieB

True. If you towel dry it too much or mess with it while it's drying, then it causes frizz. Getting the product in right away is also key

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Curly like spiral curly

I turned my friend onto the product too, and she has long, coarse, curly hair (Shirley temple like). She loves it too and it smells good.

It's too bad they don't send samples. I can't tell you how many products I tried that didn't work before finding this one.

I know! I'd heard so many awesome things about it, but was afraid of the price so I called them and even asked if they have any samples....nope :ohwell: Bought it anyways and thankfully wasn't disappointed. Except I broke the dang pump on mine...or it was defective. Or maybe I'm just defective bc I called them, they shipped me a new pump....and it still wouldn't work :mad: currently the amount inside is still high enough I can scoop out my little dime-size amount with a Q-tip...but pretty soon I'll have to figure out a way to cut the bottle open and get to what's inside! $40 for hair product and I WILL use every last drop!

MarieB

I know! I'd heard so many awesome things about it, but was afraid of the price so I called them and even asked if they have any samples....nope :ohwell: Bought it anyways and thankfully wasn't disappointed. Except I broke the dang pump on mine...or it was defective. Or maybe I'm just defective bc I called them, they shipped me a new pump....and it still wouldn't work :mad: currently the amount inside is still high enough I can scoop out my little dime-size amount with a Q-tip...but pretty soon I'll have to figure out a way to cut the bottle open and get to what's inside! $40 for hair product and I WILL use every last drop!

That sucks. I would be cutting that bottle too!

lucky_bee

RBF expert
That sucks. I would be cutting that bottle too!

That plastic is like an inch thick! All I have is a box cutter :ohwell: I imagine I'll get some looks if I bring it to the guys in the shop at work and ask them to take a hand saw to it. They're all former marines, so they probably don't appreciate hair care like I do.

my hair used to be straight too...then it was sorta wavy forever, couldn't do anything...once I hit 25, it got super curly! It's kind of like a slightly frizzier, curlier version of that Victoria Secret blow out look. Love it now! Sounds like we got similar hair :high5:

Roman

That plastic is like an inch thick! All I have is a box cutter :ohwell: I imagine I'll get some looks if I bring it to the guys in the shop at work and ask them to take a hand saw to it. They're all former marines, so they probably don't appreciate hair care like I do.

my hair used to be straight too...then it was sorta wavy forever, couldn't do anything...once I hit 25, it got super curly! It's kind of like a slightly frizzier, curlier version of that Victoria Secret blow out look. Love it now! Sounds like we got similar hair :high5:
My hair was pretty straight, but after radiation, it came back wavy. It also went from dark brown to golden blonde. But now for some reason, it's turning grey!:blushing: