Wavy, frizzy, hair

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
So my hair is polar opposite than this thread describes. Greasy, straight and fine. However, I was lucky enough to have a cool discussion with a card-carrying bumble and bumble employee. She saw me with a sad face on in the hair section of Sephora because my hair never looks good except when a stylist does it. So she decided to come chat with me and we talked for quite awhile about the few versions of the sea salt spray they have. She pointed me towards the original spray int he black bottle and then explained that she used the oil based version..and her hair looked spectacular..it was similar to described here. I bought a cute little travel kit to try ($27 at Sephora) that has the shampoo, conditioner and spray in a little bag and I did exactly what she told me and my hair looks lovely today! Its not really a beach wave in the traditional sense (that's just not possible with my hair, lol), but her instructions did give my hair movement and some wave and its not crunchy or heavy on my hair. I would say the little kit at Sephora is worth a try. I'm loving the shampoo and conditioner as well.

Roman

So my hair is polar opposite than this thread describes. Greasy, straight and fine. However, I was lucky enough to have a cool discussion with a card-carrying bumble and bumble employee. She saw me with a sad face on in the hair section of Sephora because my hair never looks good except when a stylist does it. So she decided to come chat with me and we talked for quite awhile about the few versions of the sea salt spray they have. She pointed me towards the original spray int he black bottle and then explained that she used the oil based version..and her hair looked spectacular..it was similar to described here. I bought a cute little travel kit to try ($27 at Sephora) that has the shampoo, conditioner and spray in a little bag and I did exactly what she told me and my hair looks lovely today! Its not really a beach wave in the traditional sense (that's just not possible with my hair, lol), but her instructions did give my hair movement and some wave and its not crunchy or heavy on my hair. I would say the little kit at Sephora is worth a try. I'm loving the shampoo and conditioner as well.
I think I've asked this before, but where is there a Sephora in the tri-county area? Thanks.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I think I've asked this before, but where is there a Sephora in the tri-county area? Thanks.

:lol: there isn't. well, technically there's a small Sephora counter in the Waldorf mall still, right? in Macy's? There's also an Ulta in Waldorf now too, next to the Christmas Tree Shops. Ulta is similar, maybe a step down from Sephora. Same stuff, just a lot of different brands/sponsors.

But the one LT and I usually hit up is in the Annapolis Mall. it's really nice.

Roman

Thanks lucky bee. I take it that other than the small counter top Sephora, it's basically an on-line type of thing?
:lol: there isn't. well, technically there's a small Sephora counter in the Waldorf mall still, right? in Macy's? There's also an Ulta in Waldorf now too, next to the Christmas Tree Shops. Ulta is similar, maybe a step down from Sephora. Same stuff, just a lot of different brands/sponsors.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

ItsBob and I were at AM this weekend, and he turned to me to say "Hey, isn't that LT?", not realizing that you were there with her. :lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
ItsBob and I were at AM this weekend, and he turned to me to say "Hey, isn't that LT?", not realizing that you were there with her. :lol:

ACTUALLY she went without me this time :mad: I'll hafta have a chat with her about trips to malls without me :strangle:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Thanks lucky bee. I take it that other than the small counter top Sephora, it's basically an on-line type of thing?

yea it's worth a trip up there to acquaint yourself with products....they have samples for EVERYTHING so you can find your color, test out the product, talk to the girls that work there (and they actually know their stuff, most of them, and love helping people). The store in the Annapolis mall is pretty huge and well stocked. I've done a nice make up tutorial with them before when I wanted to do a complete overhaul of my makeup. Then once you run out of the product you now love and adore, you can save the gas and order online :smile:

Roman

Thanks!
yea it's worth a trip up there to acquaint yourself with products....they have samples for EVERYTHING so you can find your color, test out the product, talk to the girls that work there (and they actually know their stuff, most of them, and love helping people). The store in the Annapolis mall is pretty huge and well stocked. I've done a nice make up tutorial with them before when I wanted to do a complete overhaul of my makeup. Then once you run out of the product you now love and adore, you can save the gas and order online :smile:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
This week got me like...

humid.jpg

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

In all my post chemical peel glory :lmao:

and if you're going to Annapolis Sephora..there is this Asian chick there, i'm terrible with names, who is like a floor captain or something? Anyway she is no joke. She put some concealer on my face and made me look like a model. I wanted to take her home.

Idunno

My hair has always been naturally wavy/curly, with the increase in gray hair over the years it has gotten more kinky wavy. I used to be able to use just a little bit of product in my hair and have it look good all day. Now I can get my hair to look fantastic before work with a lot of product, but once I step out the door in the humidity, it goes poof. Doesn't seem to matter what I use. The kicker is that when I use a curling iron it falls straight in under an hour, then goes poof. Same thing with a salon blow out. I don't have bad hair days....it's months. In summer it is pony tails, buns and hair claws.

MarieB

My hair has always been naturally wavy/curly, with the increase in gray hair over the years it has gotten more kinky wavy. I used to be able to use just a little bit of product in my hair and have it look good all day. Now I can get my hair to look fantastic before work with a lot of product, but once I step out the door in the humidity, it goes poof. Doesn't seem to matter what I use. The kicker is that when I use a curling iron it falls straight in under an hour, then goes poof. Same thing with a salon blow out. I don't have bad hair days....it's months. In summer it is pony tails, buns and hair claws.

I've been grey since I was a teenager

Roman

I understand....I started going grey in my early 20's. Been dying it ever since....
Depending on your age, you should let the grey grow out. The dye might be what's causing our hair to be unruly. If you are in our 50's, ditch the dye. Any younger than that, find a dye that's kinder to your hair.

I got my hair permed trying to get my hair to look like yours. :coffee:

At first it was early 90s :thankyouforthecountrymusicawards: ....then it was :bettemidler: now it's just wavy.