We Going to War With China???

ylexot

Super Genius
Another thing about Vrai's theory...Sun Tzu's greatest teaching (IMHO) was "know your enemy, know yourself". What better way to know your enemy than to observe them in action? Learn the capabilities of the weapons and the doctrines of the leaders.

dustin

UAIOE
Christy said:

hmmmmm...

The deal would be the latest in a string of Chinese purchases of foreign companies as Beijing encourages domestic firms to seek new markets abroad and secure raw materials for China's aggressive industrialization. The Chinese government has urged energy companies in particular to buy foreign oil fields as China's consumption soars, deepening worries about the country's access to supplies.

What a pickle we would be in if China decided to send it's troops to Iraq.....let us do all the dirty work and then they go in there and claim "Oh, we'll help the Iraqies stabilize..." sure......

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
They don't want us. They want Taiwan. If anything happens, it will happen over one island. Just like Cuba. It will be a matter of escalation until someone blinks. We just have to hope the Chinese blink first because we absolutely can't let them take Taiwan without a fight. If we let them just move over there without the promised resistance on our part taking place, that will tell them they got us licked. Then the demands will really start.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
FromTexas said:
They don't want us. They want Taiwan. If anything happens, it will happen over one island. Just like Cuba. It will be a matter of escalation until someone blinks. We just have to hope the Chinese blink first because we absolutely can't let them take Taiwan without a fight. If we let them just move over there without the promised resistance on our part taking place, that will tell them they got us licked. Then the demands will really start.
I believe we have a winner. This sounds most likely out of all of the theories.

B

Bruzilla

Triggerfish said:
It's not some officials, it's an official. Zhu Chenghu, a general is making unofficial personal comments concerning his own opinion.

While it should go without saying, China is not the United States, and the Chinese government does not have hundreds of lawyers, talking heads, and politcos who go out to spread the political message. If the Chinese want to send a message it usually comes from a single messenger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
While it should go without saying, China is not the United States, and the Chinese government does not have hundreds of lawyers, talking heads, and politcos who go out to spread the political message. If the Chinese want to send a message it usually comes from a single messenger.
Not to mention what would happen to any US general who made public statements like that.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Bruzilla said:

Chinese bureacracy is larger than ours, actually. At the top end, you have a bunch of "leaders" who jockey for their various positions and aren't afraid of stating what they want, when they want, to gain in whatever internal struggle they are involved in. They only have to sway each other, and not the masses, to get ahead.

Of course, it could be exactly what it seems... a warning shot across the bow to try and deter our protection of Taiwan without any real nuclear intent behind it. Only one real way to test that theory though. Who is going to blink first?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
FromTexas said:
Chinese bureacracy is larger than ours, actually. At the top end, you have a bunch of "leaders" who jockey for their various positions and aren't afraid of stating what they want, when they want, to gain in whatever internal struggle they are involved in. They only have to sway each other, and not the masses, to get ahead.

Of course, it could be exactly what it seems... a warning shot across the bow to try and deter our protection of Taiwan without any real nuclear intent behind it. Only one real way to test that theory though. Who is going to blink first?
The word "nuclear" is just to get your attention. (Maybe a political jab cause Bush has trouble saying it) Just like the Russians used it to get the attention of everyone. I have serious doubts anyone will use them.

kingvjack

Bustem' Down said:
The word "nuclear" is just to get your attention. (Maybe a political jab cause Bush has trouble saying it) Just like the Russians used it to get the attention of everyone. I have serious doubts anyone will use them.
Cue the Bustem' Down Belly........

kingvjack

:lmao:
Bustem' Down said:
A weapon of awsome magnitude. It strikes fear in the hearts of all.

The UN tried to sanction me.
:lmao: Luckily enough, the sneaky bastardos and I did a good job of moving you around the gulf untill we could smuggle you and those worthless ass dogs of yours into the states.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
kingvjack said:
:lmao:
:lmao: Luckily enough, the sneaky bastardos and I did a good job of moving you around the gulf untill we could smuggle you and those worthless ass dogs of yours into the states.
Maybe I should get "Doomsday" tattooed across it.

B

Bruzilla

Bustem' Down said:

The issue is not whether or not they would actually respond to an attack on PROC soil using nukes, it's can they make Americans believe that they will. The reason for comments like this are to get Americans to not support their political leaders out of fear of a counterattack. They want Americans to tell Bush "screw Taiwan... I don't wanna get nuked. Just let the Chinese have the damn place."

The PROC government has near total control of the country, and like most leaders they make the mistake of misunderstanding their enemies. They see personal freedom as a big mistake, and think that the peaceniks whining about Iraq have more political pull than they do. They see that America hasn't attacked N. Korea yet, and I'm guessing that's because they think that we're actually afraid of a PROK nuclear counter-attack, although only the more moronic of us fear that.

The classic prelude to war is prepare the forces, generate a conflict, and limit the enemy's responses on a political level. The Japanese manufactured their little natural resources/embargo motivation just as the Chinese could be manufacturing a trade motivation by trying to buy a strategic national asset that they know the US won't let them have.