We haz puppy <3

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I've only seen this puppy bark at strangers that walk around our neighborhood. Plenty of people come back here to get their daily steps in. And if Gretel is out when they pass, she lets them know she's around.

But today on the deck, I took a seat while she scampered about. Then for some reason, she got close to me and started giving me the business. I was sure that Timmy fell in the well. But I couldn't see anything out of place.

And a special shout out to the forum dog whisperer. Your advice has made this adventure a lot less stressful.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She has the makings of a good dog. A lot of wild ass puppy behavior, of course, but she's a good learner with a great temperament.

She wouldn't eat and it was freaking me out, but @frequentflier gave me some good tips and this morning she had an acceptable breakfast (Gretel, not FF, although FF probably had a nice breakfast as well). She's not food-centric like Apollo, which is kind of annoying because I can't reward her with treats when she potties outside or walks nice on her leash. I'm going to try bits of cheese instead, which is more difficult to always keep in my pocket.

I've determined that internet puppy advice from the "experts" (AKC, Chewy, vets, etc) is largely worthless. FF is a much better resource. :biggrin:

I'll post pics once I can get her to sit still long enough. EVERYTHING distracts her unless she's doing something naughty, like chewing a shoe - then she's focused and single-minded.