Weather in MD vs FL.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It gets hotter here during the summer than it does in Florida. It gets much hotter here, and much more humid. :dead:

People who whine about the heat in Florida and the cold in Florida have no idea. :cds:

Horse feathers. One need merely look at the flora and fauna and there is a profound difference between DC and Florida.

It can be miserable here, hazy, hot and humid, but it is short lived compared to Florida.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I have lived in Florida most of my life and in MD for a little over 5 years. The summers in MD are as hot or hotter than Florida, but summer lasts longer in FLorida and the bugs hang out much of the year. The late Fall through early Spring in Florida is the best. Many days are in the mid 70's without a cloud in the sky. A summer home somewhere cooler might be nice. No state taxes either.:yahoo:

T

toppick08

Please keep the fire ants............I've got enough scars..from the Magnolia State...::yay:

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Horse feathers. One need merely look at the flora and fauna and there is a profound difference between DC and Florida.

It can be miserable here, hazy, hot and humid, but it is short lived compared to Florida.

Actually, when it comes to southern Florida, IE. the Keys, the Beave is partially right. It's much worse in the northern states than it is there in the Summer.

:popcorn:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Please keep the fire ants............I've got enough scars..from the Magnolia State...::yay:

I know I had to tell my children when we moved down to Florida that the ants down here are "mean" they are not our friends. I had to tell them that because they made friends with the sugar ants in MD, and they had never met a mean ant up there. ALL the ants down here are mean. At least I have yet to meet a nice one.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
We have mean weeds too! I can't seem to get rid of the stupid stinging nettles!!!:cds: The first time I came across those weeds I was grabbing a nice thick patch of green grass to feed my horse. I thought I was bitten by a snake! :cds:I soon found out that it was that horrible stinging nettle.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The 10 day forecast looks nicer in Jacksonville than Price Fred to me :shrug:
More rain here!

It gets hotter here during the summer than it does in Florida. It gets much hotter here, and much more humid. :dead:

People who whine about the heat in Florida and the cold in Florida have no idea. :cds:
I'm hoping that's sarcasm? If it's not sarcasm, you're wrong.

I thought FL was always humid. I'm getting goosebumps...I can't wait to move there! :yahoo:
It is always humid. You won't really get that static shock crap that you get elsewhere since it's never dry.

FrmGrl

Get some!
I loved it there. I never had an allergy problem until I moved here to MD. I dont know what grows here but it sucks!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!

Yes, June...July....and August are terrible times to go to DIsney World, but it is still hotter up there in the summer because almost everyday in the summer around 4 PM down here comes a thunderstorm that last for about an hour and then the sunshine comes back and the temperatures are nice. Up there it continues to be blasted hot all day until night.

devinej

its starting to feel like summer here!

and yes... please keep your stinging nettles down there because they are super mean!! even in january!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
The 10 day forecast looks nicer in Jacksonville than Price Fred to me :shrug:
More rain here!

I'm hoping that's sarcasm? If it's not sarcasm, you're wrong.

It is always humid. You won't really get that static shock crap that you get elsewhere since it's never dry.

I see you are a Gator fan, but how long did you live in Florida? It is not always humid. In fact in the winter it is extremely nice. There are many days in Maryland that are a lot hotter than here, the season just doesn't last as long and there are a lot less thunderstorms up there.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Andy, WTH are you talking about?

I lived in Clay County, FL (the next county to the west of Jacksonville) from Dec. 1998 - Mar. 2004 and it is NOT hotter here in the summer (overall) than it was there. On top of that, the hot summer weather there lasts a LOT longer than it does here. This area may well rival that area in the dog days of our summer with it's humidity, but you are dead wrong that it gets hotter here & much more humid. It probably depends on just where you are in Fl about how hot it gets. Ocean breezes can be very cooling, but those are only on the coasts, not necessarily inland.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I see you are a Gator fan, but how long did you live in Florida? It is not always humid. In fact in the winter it is extremely nice. There are many days in Maryland that are a lot hotter than here, the season just doesn't last as long and there are a lot less thunderstorms up there.

23 years. I lived in South Florida, then went to Gainesville which is as inland as you get in FL, making it hotter in the summer. It can be ok in the winter humidity-wise, but it's not dry.

I haven't noticed any particularly hot days in MD, at least compared to what I'm used to. The average seems to be a few degrees higher in FL (thanks BoyGenious), it's more humid, but the rain does offer a reprieve when it rolls through.