Wedding Gifts

I need help, I'm at a complete loss of ideas for what to get my maid of honor and bridesmaids. I was originally thinking about getting purses and maybe earrings for the wedding but I'm not sure that's appropriate since they're not really gifts for them. I mean they are, but they're for the wedding. Then I was thinking about maybe getting something made with my birthstones (mine and hers)...a necklace or something like that. Ugh, I really realllly don't know. I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to get something that's cheap looking either. I guess $30-40 per person would be good, you think?

Any ideas/suggestions???

did u go to theknot.com ? lots of awesome suggestions on there

Of course I did...maybe I should just look again. I remember seeing mostly bags with their initials on it, ehhhh...I dunno. I don't like the idea of having anything engraved with initials and/or dates. I got a really pretty heart shaped jewelry box when I was a bridesmaid once, it had the bride and grooms wedding date engraved on top of it...oh joy :lol:

KVF323

Of course I did...maybe I should just look again. I remember seeing mostly bags with their initials on it, ehhhh...I dunno. I don't like the idea of having anything engraved with initials and/or dates. I got a really pretty heart shaped jewelry box when I was a bridesmaid once, it had the bride and grooms wedding date engraved on top of it...oh joy :lol:
:ohwell: yeh personalized crap is stupid :bawl:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
A friend of mine gave all her bridesmaids a very simple silver bangle with 2 stones in her colors. Really sweet..they wore them for the ceremony..and all loved them.

:ohwell: yeh personalized crap is stupid :bawl:

:jet:

I'm sorry, I don't mind the personalized stuff if it's engraved/embroidered with their initials or something like that but my wedding date?? What in the hell would someone do with that?

What'd you get? I did see a large tote bag that I sorta liked, it was pink with some kind of design inside and their initial on the outside. I don't remember where I saw it though.

A friend of mine gave all her bridesmaids a very simple silver bangle with 2 stones in her colors. Really sweet..they wore them for the ceremony..and all loved them.

That's nice, maybe I could do something like that with my birthstone and hers...do you know where (or could you find out where) she got them?

:offtopic:

How'd you get a picture of my belly???

KVF323

:jet:

I'm sorry, I don't mind the personalized stuff if it's engraved/embroidered with their initials or something like that but my wedding date?? What in the hell would someone do with that?

What'd you get? I did see a large tote bag that I sorta liked, it was pink with some kind of design inside and their initial on the outside. I don't remember where I saw it though.
get them this!

Brondell Breeza Warm Deodorizing White Seat | Overstock.com

Cowgirl

I got my girls their earrings and necklaces, plus made baskets for them for the wedding day. Ya know, like bottled water, a snack, lotion, mouthwash :)lol:), Advil, and other stuff I thought would be helpful. :shrug:

I don't think BMs need a fancy gift unless you want to give them something fancy or expensive. I wouldn't expect something huge from a bride, because anybody I'm a BM for is a good friend, so I wouldn't even care if she didn't get me a gift. :smile:

KVF323

$141.55

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg....nor do I want to spend my @$$, thank you for the suggestion though. Please try again :yay:
if I was your Bridesmaid (I cant use BM i just think of poop when writing that) I would love you forever if u got me a deodarizing warming toilet seat! :jet:

I got my girls their earrings and necklaces, plus made baskets for them for the wedding day. Ya know, like bottled water, a snack, lotion, mouthwash :)lol:), Advil, and other stuff I thought would be helpful. :shrug:

I don't think BMs need a fancy gift unless you want to give them something fancy or expensive. I wouldn't expect something huge from a bride, because anybody I'm a BM for is a good friend, so I wouldn't even care if she didn't get me a gift. :smile:

I like the idea of jewelry, nothing too fancy, that has two birthstones. A necklace for the maid of honor, since she's wearing a strapless, and bracelets for the bridesmaids. Where do you think I could get something like that? I guess I need to get my butt to the mall, blah.

We're going to have a basket of goodies/necessities, just one though for everyone to share :yay:

stars24

In the weddings I've been in, we received the gift of the jewelry we were supposed to the wedding. I don't think you necessarily need to give anything more than that (as jewelry by itself can be expensive!). I think as long as you write a sincere note of thanks along with it, it is enough. If you add a purse to it, I think that's definitely enough.

As for me, I just let my maid of honor and bridesmaid wear whatever jewelry they wanted and instead put together gift bags for them. They weren't identical but included things each person would like plus a gift card, etc.

Just passing along ideas.

jetmonkey

I need help, I'm at a complete loss of ideas for what to get my maid of honor and bridesmaids. I was originally thinking about getting purses and maybe earrings for the wedding but I'm not sure that's appropriate since they're not really gifts for them. I mean they are, but they're for the wedding. Then I was thinking about maybe getting something made with my birthstones (mine and hers)...a necklace or something like that. Ugh, I really realllly don't know. I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to get something that's cheap looking either. I guess $30-40 per person would be good, you think?

Any ideas/suggestions???

rabbits