Wedding Plans

FireLadie

Ok guys.. need some extra brains thinking of ceremony places.

I'd like to do something non-denominational.

My favorite place would be sotterly but outdoor wedding can be expensive because you have to have a backup plan in case of rain.

Any creative ideas???

FireLadie said:

My favorite place would be sotterly but outdoor wedding can be expensive because you have to have a backup plan in case of rain.

Any creative ideas???
Who will be officiating over your ceremony...:confused:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I got married and recepted at Middleton Hall in Waldorf. Tracey Burch decorated and everything was beautiful and not outrageously priced. Good food, too, I'm told.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Run away to Jamaica.

Seriously---destination weddings are the way to go. If I had it to do over again, that would definitely be my choice.

So many couples spend a fortune throwing a party for everyone else, and forget that a wedding is supposed to be for them. Take a step back and really evaluate the pros and cons of throwing a huge ceremony and reception. It's different for every couple and family situation, but if you're anything like me you might be surprised just how much money you stand to throw down the drain.

Good luck!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
FireLadie said:
What area are you looking for? NoVA, DC, somd (if so what county?). There are tons of places to get married outdoors, but if you want a set in stone backup plan for bad weather, it narrows down your options...you'll either have to pick a place with optional indoor space, or pay to reserve space that you may not use.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hold on now...

Club'nBabySeals said:
Seriously---destination weddings are the way to go. If I had it to do over again, that would definitely be my choice.

So many couples spend a fortune throwing a party for everyone else, and forget that a wedding is supposed to be for them. Take a step back and really evaluate the pros and cons of throwing a huge ceremony and reception. It's different for every couple and family situation, but if you're anything like me you might be surprised just how much money you stand to throw down the drain.

Good luck!

The question was WEDDING.

I say go to Jamaica mon.

THEN, a month or three later have a big ass party once you're settled into your new digs and have a ZERO stress reception party. The traditional wedding then reception is just simply too much for the bride and groom to really enjoy.

Doing a reception later, you're both relaxed, it's pretty much a cook out, you're in you jeans not nice, stuffy clothes after a draining day.

Three thumbs up.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Larry Gude said:
THEN, a month or three later have a big ass party once you're settled into your new digs and have a ZERO stress reception party.

Or skip the wedding and just have a party. :razz:

janey83

Twenty Something
I just went to a wedding this weekend in Baltimore, and they had it outside at the bride's grandmother's house. It was by far the most beautiful ceremony I had ever been to -- do you have any friends or relatives with enough yardspace to hold a wedding? Even if it rains, you can always rent a tent. :yay:

MLE

flibberdejibbit
FireLadie said:

Any creative ideas???
Forget Jamaica! Go to VEGAS!!! We did this and got a GREAT package on a limo that took us an hour outside vegas to Valley of Fire (national park- beautiful). It was just us, then we partied the whole weekend in vegas- god that was SO FUN! (now as long as our parents never find out!!!:whistle: )

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Just go to the court house and get married. You can have a few folks there and you will save $$. Then if ya want, have a reception and have a great time.