BRONCOS –13 Jets Jets
Steelers 0 RAVENS That was EASY ***** Steelers and 5
Chiefs –6.5 TEXANS Texans
PACKERS –4 Vikings Vikes 52
I don't know about some of the other picks.:lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
tomchamp said:
For now,but talking #### always blows it! I just did. I ruined my picks talking chit !
Isn't that the truth. I'm about 50/50 for talkin' sh*t this season. :TO:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You know what else...

...would be interesting is to track our consensus pick, ie, have a 'player' who's picks are based on majority opinion.

There's what, 20 points per week, depending on the bye?

Our leader is 91 after 10 or actually what, week 3, so 8 weeks, so, our leader averages a bit over 11 points per week.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Last week...

...the 'consensus' picked 8 games outright and split 3 (6 people picked each team) for a 9 1/2 point total if we call the splits a 1/2 point.

The 5 point pick would have been the Pats as all but one picked them, so, add 4 points for...13 1/2 points.

So, the 'consensus' was above the weekly average of 11 but below last weeks winner, toms 14.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Man...

tomchamp said:
Ravens always find a way to beat the Steelers at home..no Big Ben..they're do!

...who do you like: Steelers with no QB or the Ravens...with no QB!?

Ben is questionable but threw some today. Maddox is fine. Randal El through a TD pass last week.

That or Boller?

Lewis is out. Reed is out.

tomchamp

Heads getting huge here...

But it was all luck...just looks good in #'s...just like next week. I don't even look at how the teams compare..I just lied..I did this week...first time..ever notice I'm one of the first to post my pics...today I looked into it a little more. I'm doomed..damn BL is gonna pass me this week. NOT!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
...I don't know about any of them.
I just go with the heavy hitters first, those that totally suck don't get a vote from me...most times. Listen for the news. I miss the ocassional 'anything can happen on Sunday' game but hey ya' can't win them all.

I saw more than a few headscratchers from ya'...

49ers...

Lions...

Cards...

Saints...

Jets...

Texans...

Didja just flip a coin?:lmao:

tomchamp

Larry Gude said:
...who do you like: Steelers with no QB or the Ravens...with no QB!?

Ben is questionable but threw some today. Maddox is fine. Randal El through a TD pass last week.

That or Boller?

Lewis is out. Reed is out.

Steelers can't get lucky every week...Yes The Randel EL play was sweet...They are hurting really at QG, but the Ravens do own them at home..I picked the Steelers, but it won't be by much. Wonder why there is no spread on that one. Go Ravens!

BuddyLee

Football addict
tomchamp said:
Steelers can't get lucky every week...Yes The Randel EL play was sweet...They are hurting really at QG, but the Ravens do own them at home..I picked the Steelers, but it won't be by much. Wonder why there is no spread on that one. Go Ravens!
I don't know about that dude. I'd be willing to go for a 14+ for the Steelers.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's my thinking...

BuddyLee said:
I just go with the heavy hitters first, those that totally suck don't get a vote from me...most times. Listen for the news. I miss the ocassional 'anything can happen on Sunday' game but hey ya' can't win them all.

I saw more than a few headscratchers from ya'...

49ers...

Lions...

Cards...

Saints...

Jets...

Texans...

Didja just flip a coin?:lmao:

49ers covered last week and the week before. Seahawks coming off a win means maybe just a little cocky and this is a division game. I see hawks win (get it?) but not by so much. If they're up 10 the yrun out the clock late and aren't scared if the 9ers score late.

Lions kinda the same thing, Dallas is living high after stealing one, so, the grind out a solid win over the Lions but not blow them away as Harrignton can put up, I guess, some points to not get to far behind. 8 just sounded like alot.

Cards, I think can score on rams, rams can score on cards. 9.5 just sounded high and I can see cards win outrightor lose late which means 7 or less.

Saints, anh, the pats are alive but they have so many big games they've been getting up for. How about a let down, win late or even lose? 10 is alot as well.

Jets after getting pounded bounce back and play the tough d that is their only hope and play a good game against the due for a sloppy game broncs. 13 is alot of points.

Texans, I'm thinking are due, kinda like Packers last week, against a Chiefs team that is starting to question itself. This is one I might re-consider though.

The rest, I like my thinking but hell, it ain't worked all year.

Besides, what's a heavy 'hitter' in this league? Tom is right; the Ravens do own the Steelers at home but I just think the Ravens are SO bad right now BUT, how shocked can I be if they pull it off at home? Three teams stole games last week, bucs, boys and vikes. One stole, the other two were outplayed and won anyway.

I mean, tom got 5 points last week on a game only two people picked, the Bills.

I'll tell you this; this is WAY more fun than fantasy which I did for 5 years or so and even won it all one season along with a last place season or two.
The year we won was a fluke; my opponent forgot to activate a guy.

Picking winners is one thing. Points is another.

tomchamp

I'm only going to point out one of my picks from last week. The colts over the Texans..17.5...They came off their hi from finnaly getting over that beating New England thing...They where just still smiling...they didn't take the Texans that serous, but they did not beat a 17.5 spread. They beat the World Champs in NE by alot more..!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
49ers covered last week and the week before. Seahawks coming off a win means maybe just a little cocky and this is a division game. I see hawks win (get it?) but not by so much. If they're up 10 the yrun out the clock late and aren't scared if the 9ers score late. Maybe, don't count ole Sean Alexander out this year though. Never do that!

Lions kinda the same thing, Dallas is living high after stealing one, so, the grind out a solid win over the Lions but not blow them away as Harrignton can put up, I guess, some points to not get to far behind. 8 just sounded like alot. Lions can't even beat the bears.

Cards, I think can score on rams, rams can score on cards. 9.5 just sounded high and I can see cards win outrightor lose late which means 7 or less. Rams have been give and take this year but I think they'll pull it through, they always have surprise games...this is no surprise game.

Saints, anh, the pats are alive but they have so many big games they've been getting up for. How about a let down, win late or even lose? 10 is alot as well. Too many what if's Lar...sure you might get one of these...maybe two but in the long run you'll be in the bottom of the pack, hence you being in the bottom of the pack.:lol:

Jets after getting pounded bounce back and play the tough d that is their only hope and play a good game against the due for a sloppy game broncs. 13 is alot of points. Broncos are on the move, probably one of the best in the league right now, they're not gonna slip up and give KC or the Bolts a fighting chance.

Texans, I'm thinking are due, kinda like Packers last week, against a Chiefs team that is starting to question itself. This is one I might re-consider though. Texans have surprised me with some points against some decent teams, the Colts for instance but I don't think they take down KC, they need this win.

The rest, I like my thinking but hell, it ain't worked all year.

Besides, what's a heavy 'hitter' in this league? Tom is right; the Ravens do own the Steelers at home but I just think the Ravens are SO bad right now BUT, how shocked can I be if they pull it off at home? Three teams stole games last week, bucs, boys and vikes. One stole, the other two were outplayed and won anyway. I think you're right.

I mean, tom got 5 points last week on a game only two people picked, the Bills. Even a dog has a good day.

I'll tell you this; this is WAY more fun than fantasy which I did for 5 years or so and even won it all one season along with a last place season or two.
The year we won was a fluke; my opponent forgot to activate a guy.

Picking winners is one thing. Points is another.
:cheers: You can almost count on the Colts, Broncos, Seahawks, Carolina and Cincinnati (unless they play each other) at least this year.