Week 5 random thought football thread

Even if the ball hit the Redskin first, doesn't the the coverage team have to give the reciever room to fair catch the ball? Did Randle El call for the fair catch? Not only did the Panther push Westbrook into him, the Panther himself was within a yard of Randle El - which I though you couldn't do when they call for a fair catch.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Even if the ball hit the Redskin first, doesn't the the coverage team have to give the reciever room to fair catch the ball? Did Randle El call for the fair catch? Not only did the Panther push Westbrook into him, the Panther himself was within a yard of Randle El - which I though you couldn't do when they call for a fair catch.
Crazy play. Looked like BS with Westbrook getting shoved like that.

Crazy play. Looked like BS with Westbrook getting shoved like that.

Unfortunately, the only thing that would have been re-viewable was who the ball touched first. If the referee had been able to review other aspects of the play, I'm sure he would have reversed the call. When he saw what happened, he probably though 'Oh ####, we blew that call - but there's nothing I can do about it.'

BuddyLee

Football addict
Unfortunately, the only thing that would have been re-viewable was who the ball touched first. If the referee had been able to review other aspects of the play, I'm sure he would have reversed the call. When he saw what happened, he probably though 'Oh ####, we blew that call - but there's nothing I can do about it.'
I'm pretty sure it was the right call. Doesn't seem right though.:lol:

El should have fair catched that.

I'm pretty sure it was the right call. Doesn't seem right though.:lol:

El should have fair catched that.

I thought Billick said he had called for a fair catch? That's why I'm saying it should have been interference on the Panther. Maybe he misspoke or I misheard him.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Did someone have a heart attack? Everyone stopped posting replies....

Oh wait, the 'Skins just lost to Carolina! :faint: That explains everything.

But rejoice; the Giants won - BIG Time! 44 - 7 :diva:

Damn!

Kansas City had a 4th down and threw for a TD.

Tied!

The Cincy win is a bigger surprise to me, but this game is a close second. Kansas City is terrible - but then again, I can't remember a year when there were this many really bad teams.

Last edited:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Did someone have a heart attack? Everyone stopped posting replies....

Oh wait, the 'Skins just lost to Carolina! :faint: That explains everything.

But rejoice; the Giants won - BIG Time! 44 - 7 :diva:

are you from New York/New Jersey or something?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Who stopped posting?

For 15 minutes, between 3:55 and 4:10 pm there were no posts to this thread, until BL posted a minute later. I was looking at the NFL channel, and realised why it was so quiet.

That Deadskin.com site is going to be very active, in the next few days......

BuddyLee

Football addict
For 15 minutes, between 3:55 and 4:10 pm there were no posts to this thread, until BL posted a minute later. I was looking at the NFL channel, and realised why it was so quiet.

That Deadskin.com site is going to be very active, in the next few days......
Probably because all the games were ending. Same thing happens around half-time.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
are you from New York/New Jersey or something?

Upstate New York. I have been a Giants fan for a l-o-o-n-g time! Dad and I watched a bunch of games on the tube, even went to a few games in Giant Stadium, back in the late 60s' and early 70s'. :yahoo: