Week 8 random thought football thread

Beta84

They're out to get us
I can't believe the Falcons kicked a FG at the end of the game. Someone on the coaching staff had money riding on the spread, apparently. That's pathetic, you never kick a FG in that situation. :coffee:

I wonder if BuddyLee is pissed. I think he just traded Turner. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can't believe the Falcons kicked a FG at the end of the game. Someone on the coaching staff had money riding on the spread, apparently. That's pathetic, you never kick a FG in that situation. :coffee:

Yes, you do. You get the points, ASAP, cross your fingers and do the onside kick. You have a better chance of that by kicking the field goal with :30 left, get the onside, time for maybe 3 or 4 plays, hail Mary, maybe pass interference, than you do of using up just about all of the clock to get the TD first and being stuck with only one or two plays. If it's there, the TD, fine. If not, you gotta have the 3 anyway. Take it.

Rael

Supper's Ready

Nah, that wasn't the reason. They knew Daddy O, LordStanley, and SoMDGirl42 forgot to make their picks and defaulted to the Falcons for their fiver. No brainer.

BuddyLee

Football addict

Nah, I would never trade Turner.

I traded Forte.:dead:

That field goal gave them a chance to win the game. They got the on-side kick, a 19% chance so they at least had a chance.