Wegmans in Southern Maryland?

GardeningGal

I heard on here that McKays is closing their store in Wildwood...wouldn't it be great to get a Wegmans to take its place? We certainly have enough people down here to support it! We definately need some more options.

If anyone hasn't heard of them, take a look at the website below.

Wegmans

If you think it sounds like a good idea, you can go to this other link below and let them know!

Contact Us | Wegmans

Roman

I have never been to a Wegman's, but my Mother raves about hers. I went to their Web Site, and told them I want them here!!

ebs

I grew up in the Rochester area and Wegman's is what I miss most about upstate NY - the first time we visited my family, my husband couldn't believe such a store existed. We go there like tourists every time we are in NY. Still have my Shopper's Club card and everything. When I moved here, I asked where the supermarkets were, and people told me Food Lion, McKay's, the old Superfresh, etc. Like they even come close! Giant is OK but it is still not Wegman's.

Rt235

I heard on here that McKays is closing their store in Wildwood...wouldn't it be great to get a Wegmans to take its place? We certainly have enough people down here to support it! We definately need some more options.

Wegmans

If you think it sounds like a good idea, you can go to this other link below and let them know!

Contact Us | Wegmans

What are you, nuts? We cant support McKays...what makes you think we can support a Wegmans?

GardeningGal

What are you, nuts? We cant support McKays...what makes you think we can support a Wegmans?

That McKays was horrible. I don't think it is because we couldn't support it, I don't think anyone wanted to. I didn't.

No comparison between Wegmans and McKays.

I realize there is more to building somewhere here, than just having land. That is for them to figure out. I'm Just bringing up the idea.

nobody really

I need a nap
the mckay's in leonardtown is kinda nice. went in there once and really wasn't expecting much, and i was a little surprised. far cry from wegman's though.

dgates80

Land of the lost
OMG, Wegmans. FF introduced me to Wegmans in Rochester. They are just the ultimate grocery store, I think. We would, and have traveled a fair distance specifically to go to Wegmans, and Trader Joe's as well.

Getting one here would be simply AWESOME.

terbear1225

That McKays was horrible. I don't think it is because we couldn't support it, I don't think anyone wanted to. I didn't.No comparison between Wegmans and McKays.

I realize there is more to building somewhere here, than just having land. That is for them to figure out. I'm Just bringing up the idea.

:yeahthat: I would have been in the wildewood mckay's a LOT more often if it had looked anything like the one in leonardtown. unfortunately it was a dump with crappy lighting and fruit flies on all the produce.

luvmygdaughters

Wegmans

Contact Us | Wegmans

Never been to a Wegmans. They do sound nice, but are they very expensive? I personally would like to see another Safeway come in to St. Marys. Always been a fan of Safeway's meats.