Wegmans in Southern Maryland?

ebs

I never found Wegmans to be expensive, esp. because their store brand stuff is as good as most brand name stuff. Even the brand names are very reasonable

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Nick's Meats are better, and cheaper prices than Safeway.

Agree with that. Their deli meats are fresher and less expensive too.

I'd love a Wegmans down here. Their prices are good and their foods are really great. We lived upstate NY for a brief time and did all our shopping there. We've missed them since moving here, Safeway & Giant are nowhere near as good.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I grew up in the Rochester area and Wegman's is what I miss most about upstate NY - the first time we visited my family, my husband couldn't believe such a store existed. We go there like tourists every time we are in NY. Still have my Shopper's Club card and everything. When I moved here, I asked where the supermarkets were, and people told me Food Lion, McKay's, the old Superfresh, etc. Like they even come close! Giant is OK but it is still not Wegman's.

:yeahthat:

Along with Wegmans, I miss Nick Tahoes garbage plates and Abbots frozen custard :drool: (but NOT Genesee beer!)

C

czygvtwkr

You have to remember we are sort of the end of the line for shipping, instead of swinging by on the way to the next store trucks have to come here, turn arround and go back.