Weight loss

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
Of course you're going to gain muscle; you're just not going to bulk up like a guy. I'm not saying you won't tone and gain muscle, just that you won't look like China. :biggrin:
China also has a dick...

:razz:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Chasey_Lane said:
Of course you're going to gain muscle; you're just not going to bulk up like a guy. I'm not saying you won't tone and gain muscle, just that you won't look like China. :biggrin:

Wanna bet?

All it takes is simply changing your diet, adding supplements (and I do not mean steriods), and working out at the gym almost every day on a different set of muscle groups.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
elaine said:
What weight are you using? And yes, a woman WILL bulk up like a man.

In college, and again through the years, I, yes I, have been said to have the type of large muscle mass that would be better equiped for "bulking up".

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
When I first started working out I was doing very heavy weight on my legs. 360lb leg press 3 sets 10 reps and I build in my legs fast. I had such a hard time getting into jeans it was depressing. I have since stopped doing that. My legs build fast anyway, so now its light weights and high reps just to keep them toned. I think it really depends on the person.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
jwwb2000 said:
Wanna bet?

All it takes is simply changing your diet, adding supplements (and I do not mean steriods), and working out at the gym almost every day on a different set of muscle groups.
Notice I made reference to working out w/out the use of steroids and any other substance that increases muscle mass. I'm talking straight weight lifting. :yay:

Pandora

MDTerps said:
When I first started working out I was doing very heavy weight on my legs. 360lb leg press 3 sets 10 reps and I build in my legs fast. I had such a hard time getting into jeans it was depressing. I have since stopped doing that. My legs build fast anyway, so now its light weights and high reps just to keep them toned. I think it really depends on the person.

I had the same thing happen to me messing with that damn leg press. :lol:

Not to mention, that machine about kills me. I wasn't doing 360lbs either. :faint:

*ding**ding**ding* Vrai... this Q/A makes sense... It says your strength building focus should be on your upper body... this will allow you to build muscle allowing for a overall higher metabolism without adding the bulk to your lower body from building up the lower body muscle...

I have 40-inch hips and really need to get them down. I'm totally motivated and ready to get the weight off. What are the best exercises and how often should I be doing them?
Kay

As you very well know, Kay, you're not alone. Hips and thighs are probably the number one problem area for women (for men it's the love handles).

There is one, and it applies to all three of you and everyone else reading this column: There is no such thing as spot reducing! I can give you 57 varieties of leg exercises and they won't do the trick by themselves. Why? Because when we lose fat, we lose it from all over our bodies. If you store more fat in a particular area, that's the last place you'll lose it from. To lose fat and tone up, we have to increase our overall caloric output while slightly reducing our caloric intake. I've already told you about leg exercises you can do and given you some guidelines for cardiovascular exercise to help burn more calories. What more can you possibly do? The answer is simple . . . upper-body weight training.

Do bench presses and flies for your chest; one arm dumbbell rows or lat pull downs for your back; overhead presses and lateral raises for your shoulder; and curls for your biceps, and tricep push-downs or kickbacks for the backs of your arms.

The physical act of performing upper-body resistance exercises will obviously burn a few more calories while you're exercising. But over time, if you increase the lean mass of your upper-body as well as your lower-body, you can increase your resting metabolism.

This means you'll burn more calories throughout the day, even at rest. Don't worry about getting muscular -- you're body sculpting, not body building. Do your weight training two to three times per week, with at least a day off in between workouts.

No matter where our "problem areas" are, improving them always comes down to overall fat reduction. Total body conditioning is the way to do it!

LINK

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Chasey_Lane said:
Notice I made reference to working out w/out the use of steroids and any other substance that increases muscle mass. I'm talking straight weight lifting. :yay:

Supplements could just be as simple as adding more creatine, raw protein (some protein shakes), and a top of the line vitamin.

Most of the time a supplement is only added to increase what the body loses and to increase one's performance.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Pandora said:
I had the same thing happen to me messing with that damn leg press. :lol:

Not to mention, that machine about kills me. I wasn't doing 360lbs either. :faint:

I couldn't do it now that's for sure! I throw my measly little 90lbs on there now. That is if I do that machine at all these days. I might do a leg work out once a week, sometimes its once every two weeks.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bresamil said:
Low weight, high rep or else you'll build muscle under the fat and end up with more inches instead of less.

You have a 45 year class reunion coming up don't you?
:fixed:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My new found religion only believes in sexercise.. all the other forms of working up a sweat are the devils work, and you'll be banished to purgatory forever for doing it.. especially if you keep doing it after you read this.. Denying the word of the Kegster, is unforgivable.. and you will be banished to the world of stale chips and diet soda for all time and eternity!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, here's where ya'll are going awry with your advice:

You used that...word. You know - the "e" word. I can't even type it, it's so abhorrent to me. Ick ick ick. I can barely face the treadmill where I can watch TV, now you're suggesting that I...you know...

Ick.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
See, here's where ya'll are going awry with your advice:

You used that...word. You know - the "e" word. I can't even type it, it's so abhorrent to me. Ick ick ick. I can barely face the treadmill where I can watch TV, now you're suggesting that I...you know...

Ick.
Remember those old school "belts" the ladies used to use back in the day? They'd stand there, with the belt hooked up to some kind of machine, and it would just jiggle jiggle jiggle their butts? Maybe you could try that. :roflmao:

Pandora

Nickel said:
Remember those old school "belts" the ladies used to use back in the day? They'd stand there, with the belt hooked up to some kind of machine, and it would just jiggle jiggle jiggle their butts? Maybe you could try that. :roflmao:

That always made me itch.

Oh wait, I wasn't around when they had "old school." :whistle:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pandora said:
That always made me itch.
I thought I was the only person who gets that sensation. :lmao: My dad has one of those massage things you put on your chair, and it always made my back itch...everybody thought I was crazy. :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nickel said:
Remember those old school "belts" the ladies used to use back in the day? They'd stand there, with the belt hooked up to some kind of machine, and it would just jiggle jiggle jiggle their butts? Maybe you could try that.
OMG! My aunt used to go to this place when I was a kid, with the jiggle belt. I'd forgotten all about that!!!

:killingme

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
OMG! My aunt used to go to this place when I was a kid, with the jiggle belt. I'd forgotten all about that!!!

:killingme
It was the first thing I thought of when you said you hated the "e" word...I pictured the black and white video of a lady's butt getting jiggled while she read a magazine and smiled. :lmao: