Weight Watchers Thread

K

Katie

Here is a new weight watchers thread. I thought maybe we could post ideas and where the point friendly food can be located.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just had a Lean Cuisine Caesar chicken & pasta bowl and MAN was it good! 4 points.

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
Chocolate craving fix..Skinny Cow or Healthy Choice fudge bars..2 points..Yum..Saw a good recipe for Lemon Souffle on WW.com last night.

K

Katie

Recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

This is a awesome treet, that is chocolate, but yet full of fiber.

1 box of a cake mix(duncan hines or whatever)
1 can(15 oz) pumpkin mix - not the sweetened but plain pumpkin

Mix with mixer or by hand.

You can make it as cupcakes or a regular cake.

Cook according to cakebox directions.

For frosting if you wish use fat free cool whip.

The muffins will look like cow pies, but very very yummy. I made the cake verison for a work b-day party and no one knew the better. The couldn't get over how smooth and creamy it was.

Cupcakes - 2 points each

K

Katie

Originally posted by kwillia
Katie... bet that would be extra yummy with a spice cake mix... :yum:

I haven't tried that, but I might have to. I have the chocolate pumpkin muffins sitting in my fridge right now.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Can somebody give me a summary of how WW works? Is it all about counting points? And is it correct that you can basically eat anything you want as long as it's in moderation?

nomoney

I have a stupid question: do you HAVE to eat a certain number of points in a day? and if you don't can you carry them over to the next day? or are they just lost?

K

Katie

Pineapple Angelfood cupcakes

One package Duncan Hines Angel Food cake mix
One 20 oz can crushed pineapple in it's own juice

Mix the entire can of pineapple with the cake mix. You can mix it by hand.

Be sure to use paper liners in the cupcake pan.

Cook at 350 for approx. 15 minutes

Note:
These are best warm and even better with a little bit of cool whip on top. Just be sure to count the xtra points for Cool whip.

Points - 1
Servings - 36

K

Katie

Weight Watchers...

The flex points system gives you a target amount of points to eat a day according to your weight. You are given every week 35 flexpoints to use however you want to. You also can earn activity points. Say if you are 150 lbs you are given 20 points a day, if you use say 5 of the flex points you have 25 pionts to eat, then if you exercsie for an hour of walking and earn 2 activity points, you can eat thos also. You then have 27 points for the day. The points that you earn from exercise don't carry over from day to day. The flex points do carry over through the week. If you go out to dinner and eat them all at the same time, then you don't have any flex points the rest of the week. If you exercise every day and earn 2 points worth of exercise you can eat 22 points.

Point Ranges:
Less then 150 - 20
150 - 174 - 22
175 - 199 - 24
200 - 224 - 26
225 - 249 - 28
250 - 274 - 31
300 - 324 - 32
325 - 349 - 33
350 or more - 34

Yes you can eat anything you want in moderation. It is all about portion control. If a box of rice says one cup, then you measure out exactly one cup. I had mac & cheese the other night one cup is 8 points, and I really didn't want to spend 8 points on mac & cheese so I measure out 1/2 a cup and spent 4 points, and if I wanted to break it down more I would have 1/4 for 2 points.

For meats you get more bang for a buck with fish, red meat is very high in points, but chicken and lean protein it is 1 point per ounce. Fish is normally 2 ounces for 1 point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by nomoney
I have a stupid question: do you HAVE to eat a certain number of points in a day? and if you don't can you carry them over to the next day? or are they just lost?
On WW you'll definitely eat all your points - trust me. :lol: I do better when I eat frequent, low-point meals/snacks throughout the day. Keeps my metabolism going and I burn it up better.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
With WW, do you HAVE to join the groups and such, or can you go online somewhere, figure out what your point-count should be, and kind of go on your own from there?

K

Katie

You don't have to join the meetings. You can go to weightwatchers.com and do e-tools. That is the jouranling and such online. They have a online journal, and a recipe builder. You can take your at home recipes and run them through the recipe builder to get the points.

They have boards that give support. I post to one of the boards and the support is great. :biggrin:

K

Katie

You don't want to know. :biggrin: Probably your points allotment for the day.

crabcake

Originally posted by Katie
You don't have to join the meetings. You can go to weightwatchers.com and do e-tools. That is the jouranling and such online. They have a online journal, and a recipe builder. You can take your at home recipes and run them through the recipe builder to get the points.

They have boards that give support. I post to one of the boards and the support is great. :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind following something to get my eating habits straight ... I have never paid much attention to what I eat/when and I know that 'fortune' doesn't stick with you for long. I'm gonna try to make it my 'resolution' as I enter my 30s to try to eat more healthy and be more conscious of what I stick in my body. :ohwell:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by tatercake
With WW, do you HAVE to join the groups and such, or can you go online somewhere, figure out what your point-count should be, and kind of go on your own from there?

There are several unofficial sites besides WeightWatchers.com that will give out information and point values.

www.dwlz.com gives you info on restaurants...
and there's a few calculators out there that will help you figure the points, check www.journaltosuccess.com as well.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Katie
You don't want to know. :biggrin: Probably your points allotment for the day.
Well since I ate half last night, and I ate it almost before the day ended, I can finish it off tonight.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by tatercake
I wouldn't mind following something to get my eating habits straight ... I have never paid much attention to what I eat/when and I know that 'fortune' doesn't stick with you for long. I'm gonna try to make it my 'resolution' as I enter my 30s to try to eat more healthy and be more conscious of what I stick in my body. :ohwell:

WW requires you to eat 5 servings of fruits vegetables, 2 servings of dairy (3 if you're female), and 6 glasses of water per day.

Luckily, most non-starchy veggies are 0 points, and fruits are usually only 1-2 points each. Water is zero, of course.

I have a hard time getting my vegetable intake, and rely mostly on meat and bread. :ohwell:

K

Katie

I had a hard time getting in my dairy, but got the weight watcher smoothie mix and make it in the am with a cup of milk. I get all my dairy in one smoothie. Today i added 1/2 tbsp of pb it added a point, but OMG it was SO good.

I have no problems getting fruist and veggies in. I eat 3 fruits and 4 or 5 servings of veggies. I also drink about 100 ozs of water a day. When I go to Tae Kwon Do I sweat and same with biking I sweat a lot. So you need to replenish the water from sweating.

crabcake

They say the food pyramid is obsolete now ... does WW have something (or one of it's clone sites) explaining what the current recommendation is?