Weight Watchers Thread

K

Katie

Dr. Willett has a book out called "Eat Drink and Be Merry" It is a newer food pyramid then the one the USDA had out. It is a good book some dry reading, but breaks down about how much stuff you should be eating. Like I found I wasn't eating enough fat in my diet so I added 1/4 cup of almonds and that is more fat now. I also cook with olive oil to, i just add the points into the day but my hair is getting stronger and growing faster now then it was.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by tatercake
They say the food pyramid is obsolete now ... does WW have something (or one of it's clone sites) explaining what the current recommendation is?

WW provides you with 8 (i think) guidelines for more successful dieting.

One is they say is try to limit your breads, grains, and starches to some number of servings a day. It also recommends that you try to make proteins and meats the staple of your diet, something like 2-3 servings a day, rather than starchy foods.

Also wants you to exercise...
and Also wants you to take a multi-vitamin.

I don't remember what the others are.

But these for the most part are just guidelines for best results. If you do weight watchers and stick to your point system, and eat the foods you normally eat so long as you keep your portions controlled, you will lose weight.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: Recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

Originally posted by Katie
This is a awesome treet, that is chocolate, but yet full of fiber.

The muffins will look like cow pies, but very very yummy. I made the cake verison for a work b-day party and no one knew the better. The couldn't get over how smooth and creamy it was.

Cupcakes - 2 points each

MMMMMM that sounds so good. :yum: Might have to try that!

Alright Guys

I'm going to start on WW tomorrow. I was on it and then got discouraged and stressed and fell off the band wagon. Biggest problem is impulse eating by giving in to my cravings. I may need a huge support system that will tell me to put down that pepsi and wendys food and go get a damn salad. Any volunteers?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Alright Guys

Originally posted by workin hard
I'm going to start on WW tomorrow. I was on it and then got discouraged and stressed and fell off the band wagon. Biggest problem is impulse eating by giving in to my cravings. I may need a huge support system that will tell me to put down that pepsi and wendys food and go get a damn salad. Any volunteers?

Put down the Pepsi and Wendy's food and go get a damn salad. :yay:

K

Katie

Re: Alright Guys

I'll keep you in line. There is a couple of my ww buds and I that critque the journals. You know we will tell you if you are eating to much Wendy's and pepsi's. :biggrin:

I had a rough couple of weeks due to work stress and some other stuff that was going on in my life. I stepped on the scale and gained 5 lbs this week. I moved on and today I am back to the basics.

Journaling
Water
Exercise
Dairy
Fruits & Veggies
Vitamin

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I may need a huge support system that will tell me to put down that pepsi and wendys food and go get a damn salad.
You might as well take that Double and Biggie Fries and set it right on your stomach and thighs - cause that's where it's going to end up anyway.

You know how they say Wendy's is "hot and juicy"? That's not juice - it's grease. Fat from a dead cow. Yum yum.

See that pimply kid in back slapping out the burgers? When you're not looking, he picks his nose and wipes it on the buns. He doesn't wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom.

When you go to Subway, the guy making your sub is wearing gloves and he does it right in front of you so you know he's not spitting in your sandwich.

Re: Re: Alright Guys

Originally posted by Katie
I'll keep you in line. There is a couple of my ww buds and I that critque the journals. You know we will tell you if you are eating to much Wendy's and pepsi's. :biggrin:

I had a rough couple of weeks due to work stress and some other stuff that was going on in my life. I stepped on the scale and gained 5 lbs this week. I moved on and today I am back to the basics.

Journaling
Water
Exercise
Dairy
Fruits & Veggies
Vitamin

By journaling what do you mean? I don't go to the meetings i just got the booklets and follow the pts system in there.

Thanks for keeping me in line :huggy:

Last edited:
Originally posted by vraiblonde
You might as well take that Double and Biggie Fries and set it right on your stomach and thighs - cause that's where it's going to end up anyway.

You know how they say Wendy's is "hot and juicy"? That's not juice - it's grease. Fat from a dead cow. Yum yum.

See that pimply kid in back slapping out the burgers? When you're not looking, he picks his nose and wipes it on the buns. He doesn't wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom.

When you go to Subway, the guy making your sub is wearing gloves and he does it right in front of you so you know he's not spitting in your sandwich.

Vrai that is where all the food ends up going. :biggrin:
I'm at the point know if I go I do get a kids meal to cut my portions down, that is something good, right? :dance:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm at the point know if I go I do get a kids meal to cut my portions down, that is something good, right? :dance:

:shrug: I dunno ... there are an awful lot of fat kids out there nowadays. :ohwell:

* just trying to help ya out* :wink:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by tatercake
:shrug: I dunno ... there are an awful lot of fat kids out there nowadays. :ohwell:

* just trying to help ya out* :wink:
I think that is more from eating fast food 3 time's a day seven days a week and getting no exercise.

K

Katie

Journaling is writing down what you eat.

Like today so far I have had:

WW smoothie -1
1 tbsp peanut butter - 2(In the smoothie)
Banana - 2
1/4 cup almonds - 4

Lunch:
Fat free tortilla - 2
Tunafish - 2
Carrots - 1
Pear - 1

Snack:
Orange - 1

Not sure of dinner because we will be driving to Mass.

RodRugg

When my uncle Stanley lost his job, he ate rice by the gallon. Sometimes he shaped the rice into food he loved but couldn't buy. He could shape it into chicken legs or hams or covered wagons. He eventually got scurvy and threatened the neighbor with a hatchet. His doctor said he needed other stuff besides rice. Now he HATES rice and refuses to acknowledge its existence. He calls it "field corn" and spits real hard when he pronounces the "f."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by PFgal
How are you WW people doing?
Still here! I'm holding steady at 135, which irritates me. I upped my treadmill time so hopefully I'll start losing again.

K

Katie

Still hanging in there. I am in for the long haul. It has been 2 years since I started weight watchers, so I think I can stick with it.

I just upped my cycling mileage so I have to get the right combination of points eating again to start losing. This happened last year...the more I ride, the more I have to eat. Which is a big mindset.