Weighty decision

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I hate to say this, and I’m sure I’ll get some feedback.

Going to college part time:

Takes 10 years (as previously stated) to get the degree that you are studying for.

Instead:
Work 2nd Job (for 10 years)
Invest all the money from 2nd Job.

You would be a lot better off.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
DoWhat said:
I hate to say this, and I’m sure I’ll get some feedback.

Going to college part time:

Takes 10 years (as previously stated) to get the degree that you are studying for.

Instead:
Work 2nd Job (for 10 years)
Invest all the money from 2nd Job.

You would be a lot better off.
It might take 10 years, or if she never starts, it will take forever.

If she started now with only one or two classes a semester, maybe in the future things will change and she can take 3 or 4 classes a semester.. Start out thinking it will take 10, and in 5 or 6 years you'll be done. Going year round helps a LOT too..

Situations change, kids get older.. better jobs come and go.. If you want to change your life grab the bull by the horns and do it.

AND I believe it's NEVER too late to get a degree..

I've seen students with young families, I've seen students with three kids in school, and I've seen students who have returned to school when their own kids went off to college.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
itsbob said:
AND I believe it's NEVER too late to get a degree..
:yeahthat:

Even if it's 'for fun', I definitely believe one should never cease actively learning. As Bob mentioned, situations change, which means you can't really predict what may come of the experience; you may go in with one plan in mind and along the way realize something else even better.

As is the case in so many things... the worst thing is to not try at all.

kathie54

No green? Will pinch!
BlackSheep said:
"Out of the mouth of babes" :huggy:
While your input is appreciated, bare in mind, you're what 14?
I'm sure ALOT of decisions are made for you-whether you know it or not.
not all of the decisions are made for me..... such as i get to pick out my own cloths shoes and back packs so i'm not completely dependent on my parents and i'm not excatly independent from my parents ethier so does it really matter

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
itsbob said:
Weighty decision 07-03-2007 03:00 PM what was your major?

Who wants to know??

I WANA FLY JETS! SIR!

MY MOMMA WANTS TO FLY JETS...

I might have to go buy that movie

Foxhound

Finishing last
poor proof reading.

Berelzebaby, heres my 2 cents.

Only you know what you can and can't manage and remain sane. You mentioned children, so you have to take their sacrifice into consideration as well. As for school, definitely. If not now, as soon as you feel you can comfortably (read without going bananas) do so. DoWhat mentioned diverting your second jobs monies into investments, a good idea, work towards a comfy semester. One on one off if need be.

The more things change the more they stay the same! Ie. change is constant. So do what you can now, plan ahead, but be flexible.

Good luck and best wishes regardless of your decision. You'll make it no matter what as long as you stay strong.

Last edited:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Foxhound said:
Berelzebaby, heres my 2 cents.

Only you know what you can and can't manage and remain sane. You mentioned children, so you have to take their sacrifice into consideration as well. As for school, definitely. If not now, as soon as you feel you can comfortably (read without going bananas) do so. DoWhat mentioned diverting your second jobs monies into investments, a good idea, work towards a comfy semester. One on one off if need be.

The more things change the more they stay the same! Ie. change is constant. So do what you can now, plan ahead, but be flexible.

Good luck and best wishes regardless of your decision. You'll make it no matter what as long as you stay strong.

NOTHERWORDS get your azz signed up for the fall semester :smack: