Votes: 4 21.1%
  • other

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jazz lady said:
:yikes: You know what happened at the last forum function where she wore a skirt. :barf: :lmao:

nu-uh...I wore a skirt to BL's party. It was that icky poodle on the skirt that made me ill.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is actually...

...a very good question.

Rule of the road would imply that we should all keep to the right, thus you are going for the huggee's left shoulder, he/she/it going for your left. This is the least socially awkward and eaisest to remember.

However, being left handed, I have a tendency to go for my victims right shoulder. It is often a bit awkward (not to mention a stone beyotch in traffic)as it is my impression that most people reflexively go to their right. However, I do get to check out their breath as we nearly collide noggins and I typically just assume she is trying to kiss me. Good for the ego.

When I hug Catt, she's normally Goose'd up pretty good, so I just stand still and see which one of me she bumps into.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Larry Gude said:
When I hug Catt, she's normally Goose'd up pretty good, so I just stand still and see which one of me she bumps into.

I hope you have a lot of balls this weekend, you're gonna need 'em.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Larry Gude said:
...a very good question.

Rule of the road would imply that we should all keep to the right, thus you are going for the huggee's left shoulder, he/she/it going for your left. This is the least socially awkward and eaisest to remember.

However, being left handed, I have a tendency to go for my victims right shoulder. It is often a bit awkward (not to mention a stone beyotch in traffic)as it is my impression that most people reflexively go to their right. However, I do get to check out their breath as we nearly collide noggins and I typically just assume she is trying to kiss me. Good for the ego.

Now I'm confused. When I say I hug to the right, I mean my right, so I guess that would be the huggee's left shoulder.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm a switch-hitter - I can go either way. Typically I wait to see which way my huggee is going, then I follow them.

fttrsbeerwench

Larry Gude said:
...a very good question.

Good response:yay:

I'm also left handed and find myself going ot the left no matter what I do.

In the case of hugging, it would seem that I prefer to hug someone I feel comfortable with or that I like, on their right shoulder. It's feels natural that way.

Someone I'm not close to, or that I have that :barf: feeling for, usually get's hugged on the left. I think I can lean away from the hug easier that way. It doesn't feel as personal.